Parkey's Stats this year - What counts

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I scanned through the various 'Parkey threads' and no OP quotes his stats, and none of the replies. Isn't his stats this year what matters?

I'll start with my own overall summary: Parkey is just below average at FGs (considering his percentage just took a hit Sunday), but he is gold at Touch Backs (4th best at 80% and that is much better than average which is roughly 70%). Do we want our ST unit covering a lot more returnable KOs? Probably not, as coverage has been spotty, Bears opponent avg KO return is 30 yards, and gave up 1TD.

Field Goals/Extra Points
- ranked against the other FG kickers as follows (includes Lions game) Minimum 10 FG attempts:

1-19: no atts
19-29: (100%) 4/4, 1st - tied with 20 others
29-39: (75%) 3/4, 25th
39-49: (62%) 5/8, 22nd
50 or more: (50%) 1/2, 17th tied with 4 others
*Overall: (72%) 13/18, 25th (* doesn't account distance, no XP)
Longest 2018: 50 yards

Extra Points: (94%) 30/32, 18th tied with 3 others (15 kickers have missed XPs)

FG/XP Summary: below average

Kick Offs (minimum 30 kicks)
Touch Backs: 44/55 (80%) 4th

KO Summary: one of the best at touch backs (best kicker is 81.8%); like the vast majority of ST coaches, Parkey is being asked to force touch backs, and only 6 teams are above 75% TB percentage; average is roughly 70%, but some teams go for returns. So Parkey is special at TBs. Do we want our ST having to cover KOs? Probably not.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
So basically he's trash at every distance past 29 yards and has no range.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
So basically he's trash at every distance past 29 yards and has no range.
Not trash, statistically, below average. 29-49 is about 23rd.

His longest is 54 yds, but his career 50+ is 7/9 which is pretty good.

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
My only question is whether he's messed up in the mind now after Sunday, and if he can do it under pressure. He kicked nicely in the Buffalo and Tampa games, but the uncertainty is disconcerting. If he has to kick a game winner, I don't think I'll be able to watch.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He is not good at toucbacks. The weather is getting colder and the guy has no leg. His kickoffs were short yesterday.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
My only question is whether he's messed up in the mind now after Sunday, and if he can do it under pressure. He kicked nicely in the Buffalo and Tampa games, but the uncertainty is disconcerting. If he has to kick a game winner, I don't think I'll be able to watch.
Yep, obviously Nagy is not at the point of pulling the plug on Parkey. This was just one game.

It is strange he hasn't practiced at Soldiers Field before. But now that he will, an improvement is not unlikely.

At least hitting the goalpost is consistent. The most important aspect in target sports is consistency, which makes it easier to make the adjustment.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Not worried. Kickers are strange. Good new - he was really close on his kicks Sunday.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
He is a below average unreliable kicker. If that's the best you can get then burn a late rounder in 2018 and draft someone. If you are gonna have an unreliable kicker he may as well be homegrown.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
He is not good at toucbacks. The weather is getting colder and the guy has no leg. His kickoffs were short yesterday.
That's statistically incorrect. He's the 4th best in the league at 80% into the endzone, and significant better than most. Who are you, Karl Rove or something?

Plus, I'm assuming it hasn't, and won't happen, but how do we ever know if the ST coach asks him to kick to the 5 yard line?

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
FWIW Mason Crosby hasn’t missed since his shit day against the Lions.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
FWIW Mason Crosby hasn’t missed since his shit day against the Lions.

HOWEVER, Mason Crosby wasn't shit before that shit day...Whereas Parkey has just been plain BAD.
I have absolutely zero faith when Parkey gets set next time to get a FG.....and as far as XtraPts, We should always go for TWO

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I scanned through the various 'Parkey threads' and no OP quotes his stats, and none of the replies. Isn't his stats this year what matters?

I'll start with my own overall summary: Parkey is just below average at FGs (considering his percentage just took a hit Sunday), but he is gold at Touch Backs (4th best at 80% and that is much better than average which is roughly 70%). Do we want our ST unit covering a lot more returnable KOs? Probably not, as coverage has been spotty, Bears opponent avg KO return is 30 yards, and gave up 1TD.

Field Goals/Extra Points
- ranked against the other FG kickers as follows (includes Lions game) Minimum 10 FG attempts:

KO Summary: one of the best at touch backs (best kicker is 81.8%); like the vast majority of ST coaches, Parkey is being asked to force touch backs, and only 6 teams are above 75% TB percentage; average is roughly 70%, but some teams go for returns. So Parkey is special at TBs. Do we want our ST having to cover KOs? Probably not.

So what you're telling me is that hes not as bad as one game dictates and that after a blowout win the full first page of bears board finally shouldnt be about the kicker?

Jechang

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
HOWEVER, Mason Crosby wasn't shit before that shit day...Whereas Parkey has just been plain BAD.
I have absolutely zero faith when Parkey gets set next time to get a FG.....and as far as XtraPts, We should always go for TWO

Mason Crosby’s career fg% is 80.2

Parkey’s is 84

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers

Field Goals/Extra Points

Statistics, whatever. I'd rather know the probability of hitting an upright 4 times in a row. Seriously...

FourAgreements

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I wish there were a way to know how kickers, overall (both Bears and opponents), fare at Soldier Field vs. the rest of the stadiums out there--or, at least, vs. the other outdoor stadiums. It seems to me like it must be harder to kick at Soldier Field--but I don't know if that's just an incorrect perception of mine or not.