Trubisky to the Pro Bowl?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Only on CCS will you find someone who will say that after only 9 games, 2700+ yards, 17TD's to 1 INT, and 62% completion = "ass year".

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Only on CCS will you find someone who will say that after only 9 games, 2700+ yards, 17TD's to 1 INT, and 62% completion = "ass year".

CCS has always been proficient at evaluating QBs...my favorite was the speculation of what the Bears would receive by trading Cutler (1st round pick? 2nd round pick?). Cutler and his contract was such an albatross that you'd have to give a team a 2nd round pick just to take Cutler off your hands...a la Brock Osweiler....a la the QB who tore apart the Bears #1 pass defense...

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
CCS has always been proficient at evaluating QBs...my favorite was the speculation of what the Bears would receive by trading Cutler (1st round pick? 2nd round pick?). Cutler and his contract was such an albatross that you'd have to give a team a 2nd round pick just to take Cutler off your hands...a la Brock Osweiler....a la the QB who tore apart the Bears #1 pass defense...

I do kinda miss the days when people would say how much they wish the Bears would trade Cutler to another team to prove how great he'd be if only he weasn't being coached by us.

Good times... good times...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just do not think that Rodgers stats are going to match up with the guys at the top

Ian Kenyon

Verified account

@IanKenyonNFL
Follow Follow @IanKenyonNFL
More
Mitchell Trubisky ranks higher than Aaron Rodgers in the following categories:
- Completion percentage
- YPA
- Touchdowns
- Passer Rating
- Rushing yards
- Rushing TDs

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have watched every Packers game as well and he is playing even better this year than last year...with a much more dysfunctional situation around him.

A huge part of the dysfunction is created by him.

If they do not win the division and his stats do not come close to comparing to Brees and Goff I would be shocked if he made it.

The popularity vote may get him in, or reputation may do it, but I can see at least 3 QBs being ahead of him when it comes to voting.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At this moment the NFC Pro Bowl QBs would be

Brees
Goff
Ryan, the Falcons need to continue to win some games.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

If they do not win the division and his stats do not come close to comparing to Brees and Goff I would be shocked if he made it.

The popularity vote may get him in, or reputation may do it, but I can see at least 3 QBs being ahead of him when it comes to voting.

I can't believe you are defending your assertion that Rodgers is having an ass year. Pro Bowl is all about counting stats...its highly possible/probable that other NFC QBs will have better counting stats when its newsworthy in Green Bay that GERONIMO ALLISON is injured. I watched a 4th down in that Dolphins game where Rodgers took the snap and Bulaga and Jimmy Graham looked at each other instead of blocking the DE, and Rodgers was immediately creamed.

The Packers aren't any good. McCarthy is still the HC. They traded away Dix. Bulaga continues to play for some reason. The Packers start Valdes-Scantling at WR. The only reason the Packers have remained competitive is because of Rodgers. To say he's having an ass year and is a huge part of the 'dysfunction' is ridiculous.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rodgers is on pace for 30 TDs and 2 INTs and 4000+ yards. Pretty good.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

He's on pace for 4800+ yards which would be the most he's ever thrown for... The only way he doesn't make it is if he's playing in the SB.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Burton could make the Pro Bowl, probably won't due to name recognition but his stats are solid. He needs a 2 touchdown game on PrimeTime.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Absolutely Mitch can go to the pro bowl. He just need buy a ticket.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Fans tend to stuff the ballots if their team is good for the first time in a while.

Cubs fans did it in 2016 and Royals fans tried it in 2015 and Braves fans in 2018. I know it's a different sport but just using examples.

Stat-wise Khalil Mack and Kyle Fuller deserve it. Obviously a player like Akiem Hicks deserves it by what we see on game day but fans of other teams will just see the numbers. Trubisky doesn't have the yards but he is tied for 4th in the NFC in touchdowns with Jared Goff.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I have voted quite a bit. Mack, Fuller, Hicks, Jackson and Mitch have been on every ballot. Sprinkled in some Burton too...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nope. He is emerging. Although I wouldn't be shocked if it happened in the next 2 or 3 years. Regardless, the Pro Bowl is dumb.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rodgers is on pace for 30 TDs and 2 INTs and 4000+ yards. Pretty good.

The funny thing is that if the same numbers were quoted for Trubisky that would be underwhelming to most aside from the 2 INT line. Considering he is on pace for better and people are still poo pooing.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He won't get voted to the Pro Bowl, but has a real chance to go as an alternate. Brees wouldn't go if they don't make it to the super bowl. Say the Rams make it to the super Bowl, Goff can't go. Rodgers is done doing Pro bowls, so he would pass on it. So the competition is Wentz, Ryan, Newton and Cousins. IMO. they pick 3 Qb;s, so yes he can go. ALso, it's not in Hawaii, so that may make more of them not want to go.

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk