Opening line has Bears favored by 3 over Vikings

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Thought this was interesting. Vegas basically saying Bears-Vikings is a toss up in terms of roster talent, giving Minnesota 3 points for being the road team. I think the Bears win over Detroit gave them more 'breathing room', but I don't think it really established the Bears as a team able to hold their own with Minnesota. Forget about beating a team with a winning record, the Bears have only PLAYED one team with a winning record (loss to New England).

I would honestly be surprised if the Bears beat Minnesota. If the Bears lose, they can still be a good team and make the postseason, but I think all Super Bowl contender talk is either put on hold or thrown out the window. Either way, it should be a very entertaining game.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Thought this was interesting. Vegas basically saying Bears-Vikings is a toss up in terms of roster talent, giving Minnesota 3 points for being the road team. I think the Bears win over Detroit gave them more 'breathing room', but I don't think it really established the Bears as a team able to hold their own with Minnesota. Forget about beating a team with a winning record, the Bears have only PLAYED one team with a winning record (loss to New England).

I would honestly be surprised if the Bears beat Minnesota. If the Bears lose, they can still be a good team and make the postseason, but I think all Super Bowl contender talk is either put on hold or thrown out the window. Either way, it should be a very entertaining game.

Bears have played really, really well at home. Only loss was to New England, and they were literally a yard away from sending the game into overtime. Minnesota is a good team, no doubt, but at Soldier, I like Chicago's chances.

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
The nice thing about this game against the Vikings is that we should finally have a decent idea of how good the Bears actually are. I haven't been this excited for a game in quite some time. It's refreshing to see the Bears participating in a division heavyweight matchup again.
It should be a tough one but it also depends on which Vikings teams we get.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Both teams are pretty well rounded. I don't think there's a great deal between them. I agree with Vegas - home advantage makes the Bears favourites but it could go either way. We need to find a way to stop Thielen.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears have played really, really well at home. Only loss was to New England, and they were literally a yard away from sending the game into overtime. Minnesota is a good team, no doubt, but at Soldier, I like Chicago's chances.

Team seemed to have a home field disadvantage under Fox.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Both teams are pretty well rounded. I don't think there's a great deal between them. I agree with Vegas - home advantage makes the Bears favourites but it could go either way. We need to find a way to stop Thielen.

Dump Cousins a few times.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think the Vikings are necessarily a better roster than the Bears at all. I expect a win at home. They're a solid team, not a great one.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
With the current momentum and progress this team is making, I see no reason why the Bears cant win Sunday night. While their schedule has been "tougher" than the Bears, they havent exactly beat anyone with a winning record either. Which I think is going to be the narrative all season long. Half the schedule is against 2 pretty bad divisions. Winning in Miami would have changed a lot of opinions on the Bears I think.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears want to be considered to win the division and a threat in the playoffs they need to beat the Vikings....If they don't they are still a fringe team.....

Big test Sunday night....

Honestly didn't think we'd be in first place at week 10 and Trubisky performing as well as he is at this point......hats off to the coaching staff.....I hope they take the next step

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I have a gut feeling Parkey better get his shit together or he could lose us this game.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
btw Minnesota is allowing 102.1 passer ratings vs opposing QBs.....If you look at Trubisky this year he is absolutely destroying teams that are soft against the pass. Well above the average the opposing team is giving up in passer rating.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
We are getting the W. Minnesota always struggles at Soldier Field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD Bears

Liked Posts:

Kirk Cousins is not a great QB. Bears will win at home.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think the Bears and Vikings rosters matchup incredibly closely. I think it will come down to which o-line plays better. The o-line is considered to be the biggest weakness on both teams but the Vikings is one of the worst in the NFL. This is where Trubisky's elusiveness can be the difference. I am very worried about Danielle Hunter who is playng at DPOY level and IMO continues to be the most underrated defensive player in the NFL. He was #1 on my Bears free agent wish list before he re-signed with the Vikings and before the Bears traded for Mack. He is the definition of a "freak of nature."

I am highly concerned the game is going to come down to the leg of Parkey as I am certain all Bears fans are.

Ultimately, I predict the Bears take advantage of the Vikings o-line woes and legend of Khalil Mack will continue to grow.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears and Vikings rosters matchup incredibly closely. I think it will come down to which o-line plays better. The o-line is considered to be the biggest weakness on both teams but the Vikings is one of the worst in the NFL. This is where Trubisky's elusiveness can be the difference. I am very worried about Danielle Hunter who is playng at DPOY level and IMO continues to be the most underrated defensive player in the NFL. He was #1 on my Bears free agent wish list before he re-signed with the Vikings and before the Bears traded for Mack. He is the definition of a "freak of nature."

I am highly concerned the game is going to come down to the leg of Parkey as I am certain all Bears fans are.

Ultimately, I predict the Bears take advantage of the Vikings o-line woes and legend of Khalil Mack will continue to grow.

I completely agree with this. The Vikings d line is terrifying, so we will see how it goes.

I will also add that my other her major concern is the defense falling prey to 1-2 big plays or missed tackles by the secondary that end up costing them the game.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
the vikings will be coming after trubisky, this will be a good test of just how much trubisky has calmed those happy feet moments he had earlier in the season.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Being out here in The Maryland/DC area, I was able to watch Cousins first hand, and his MO is that in the big games he simply does not show up. Washington is a better team this year without him, so while I'm not trying to imply that he is dirt, he does seem to fold in the important games.

I agree with some others, knock him down a few times, and watch him fall apart. I think that is our best chance, be aggressive on Defense early... My concern is that Vic is not aggressive to just to set the tone, and that might be just what we need.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I have a gut feeling Parkey better get his shit together or he could lose us this game.

You're kidding yourself if you think Nagy will put Parkeys leg on the line for a game winner. No fuckin way I would.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I get that these are two different teams now, but Mitch played well in his debut game against them last year (they had a better defense last year IMO, it's not even close). Mitch also had Fox and receivers who were barely NFL caliber.

I don't think the Vikings are much better than the Bears as of this moment. Cousins will present a challenge, but our defense has also improved from a year ago.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Being out here in The Maryland/DC area, I was able to watch Cousins first hand, and his MO is that in the big games he simply does not show up. Washington is a better team this year without him, so while I'm not trying to imply that he is dirt, he does seem to fold in the important games.

I agree with some others, knock him down a few times, and watch him fall apart. I think that is our best chance, be aggressive on Defense early... My concern is that Vic is not aggressive to just to set the tone, and that might be just what we need.

He's a solid QB with two elite weapons at WR. Hope the secondary is up to the task. Diggs always owns us.