Cowherd on the Bears and Trubisky this morning

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky gets the same sort of polarizing hate as Cutler....except Trubisky is better than Cutler ever was....

Maybe the nation doesn't want the Bears to have a good QB.....

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's abrasive to get attention...

Additionally, he's not completely wrong. the Revolution of Offensive play calling (and NFL rule changes making QB's and pass catchers virtually untouchable) has vastly helped signal callers young and old alike succeed. The wide open receivers running wild in the secondary looks a lot like college than it does the NFL of old.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Trubisky gets the same sort of polarizing hate as Cutler....except Trubisky is better than Cutler ever was....

They want the bears to stay the same meatball franchise we have been since Halas passed. Sucks for them though because we are reinventing this franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I just think the National media doesn't believe the Bears are good, which is fine.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This.

I've heard him state multiple times that his job is to be interesting, not to be right.

Which is why I don’t waste my time listening.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Which is why I don’t waste my time listening.

And many, many, more do listen. He has a shtick and he sticks with it. Dude loves his hot takes and knows shitting on a first place team in a top market will get listeners.

Too bad he also sounds like a moron doing it, you can't say that a team that is top 5 in scoring and bottom 5 in points allowed is blah.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
KC's personnel is definitely better than ours. Doesn't diminish what we have one bit.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
The entire national narrative on our Bears and especially Trubisky will be handled by said Bears this Sunday night, for better or worse.

#Buckleup

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If it helps I don't give him any clicks or listen.........all the shit I have heard from him is second hand.......but he is just another shock sports jock that says shit to get attention.....he has no value
Agreed. Like everyone else on radio, his job is to get as many people to listen to commercials as possible.

My favorite part was how he said Nagy is making the running backs look good (in our starting RB's least impressive season by far).

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Like everyone else on radio, his job is to get as many people to listen to commercials as possible.

My favorite part was how he said Nagy is making the running backs look good (in our starting RB's least impressive season by far).

It just makes me laugh how wrong they are, like they are literally making things up.

I am fine with relevant criticism, but some of this stuff is just laughably bad and then they won't take the L.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
He's a look at me type media personality with strong opinions geared towards getting a rise at times. Has his little honey bunneys next to him. His opinion pieces aren't always wrong, but he is pretty annoying IMO. The worst is him constantly churning Brady and Bills dick in and out of his mouth. We get it, you like them... he beats it to death. He's like the White version of Steven A Smith.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
He's a look at me type media personality with strong opinions geared towards getting a rise at times. Has his little honey bunneys next to him. His opinion pieces aren't always wrong, but he is pretty annoying IMO. The worst is him constantly churning Brady and Bills dick in and out of his mouth. We get it, you like them... he beats it to death. He's like the White version of Steven A Smith.

The irony is that Tom Brady is arguably having a worse statistical season than Mitchell Trubisky thus far

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Realize that people like Cowherd expect, and actually want, to be wrong because they know a significant segment of their audience will continue to tune in to see them jump through hoops defending their wrong position. This goes for Barnwell, Lombardi...all these guys. Its all about taking a position then defending that hill unto death.

And then eventually they get to do a big mea culpa "I was wrong" monologue, which gives them one last ratings boost on the topic before they move on to other things.

Its all bullshit. I dont know why you guys listen to it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I enjoy the national comments that say Trubisky is throwing to open receivers because Nagy is scheming them open.....

My first and only thought is ....yes...isn't that the point of an offensive plan. I've never heard an offensive coordinator trying to scheme his WRs to be covered....

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I dont know how you can look at the Braunecker play or first Robinson TD and say those guys were open.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I enjoy the national comments that say Trubisky is throwing to open receivers because Nagy is scheming them open.....

My first and only thought is ....yes...isn't that the point of an offensive plan. I've never heard an offensive coordinator trying to scheme his WRs to be covered....
No one bats an eye when Mahommes tosses a 2-4 yarder to his crazy RB or Hill in space and it goes to the house repeatedly. Not saying he isn't playing stellar, but it's cherry picking situations to keep one down and boost the other.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I used to hate Cowherd but he's grown on me, much like SAS. I enjoy watching them be wrong but occasionally I agree with them. If I only listened to those who agree with me it would be pretty boring. One guy I have trouble listening to is Skip Bayless. That guy is total nails on the chalkboard.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I dont know how you can look at the Braunecker play or first Robinson TD and say those guys were open.

The thing is they didn’t look at it. These national media idiots don’t watch bears games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Those were sensational throws.

He also had 2 incredible throws that were not even completions. Miller dropped a 15 yarder in the middle of the field that hit him in the shoulder and the Gabriel throw to the endzone was perfect, the DB just made an incredible play.