Cowherd on the Bears and Trubisky this morning

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No one bats an eye when Mahommes tosses a 2-4 yarder to his crazy RB or Hill in space and it goes to the house repeatedly. Not saying he isn't playing stellar, but it's cherry picking situations to keep one down and boost the other.

Mahomes is 2nd last in contested throws this season. Less than 10% of his throws have a DB within 1 yard if the receiver.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I enjoy the national comments that say Trubisky is throwing to open receivers because Nagy is scheming them open.....

My first and only thought is ....yes...isn't that the point of an offensive plan. I've never heard an offensive coordinator trying to scheme his WRs to be covered....

Yeah, even Mel Tucker didn't scheme for the WRs to be covered.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
No one bats an eye when Mahommes tosses a 2-4 yarder to his crazy RB or Hill in space and it goes to the house repeatedly. Not saying he isn't playing stellar, but it's cherry picking situations to keep one down and boost the other.

Some people are starting to come down on Mahomes a little harder. Ignoring the take-artist fools like Cowherd, who you shouldn't take seriously, a lot of what is fueling the supposed disparity between Mahomes and Trubisky is the first three weeks. Mahomes' first three weeks were historic, Trubisky looked horrible. Since then the two have looked very similar, with Trubisky often looking quite a bit better.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox Sports just like Fox News. Get people riled up so they keep watching. Seems to be working well on both fronts.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the learning lesson. One M in Mahomes. The more you know.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm so mad that this guy I try to not pay attention to isn't a fan of the quarterback for my favorite NFL team.

Nicker

Liked Posts:
I don’t think he’s trolling so much as he’s making a very safe bet so he can come back later and say “I called it!”. I like trubisky, I thought he was the best qb in the draft last year, but let’s not fool ourselves, he is still inconsistent and has to be shielded by Nagy, by Nagy’s own Admission.

The numbers look good, and it’s been fun to watch. But I don’t ever watch him and think he’s dominating the opposition. He’s made plays, but he’s missed an awful lot too. All that has to happen is for a team to shut him down one playoff game and cowherd gets to brag he was right all along.

I think it’s a simple as making an easy prediction that he knows will ruffle some feathers and get people talking.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
We should definitely discuss, in depth, the opinions of a guy who is paid to give opinions.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t think he’s trolling so much as he’s making a very safe bet so he can come back later and say “I called it!”. I like trubisky, I thought he was the best qb in the draft last year, but let’s not fool ourselves, he is still inconsistent and has to be shielded by Nagy, by Nagy’s own Admission.

The numbers look good, and it’s been fun to watch. But I don’t ever watch him and think he’s dominating the opposition. He’s made plays, but he’s missed an awful lot too. All that has to happen is for a team to shut him down one playoff game and cowherd gets to brag he was right all along.

I think it’s a simple as making an easy prediction that he knows will ruffle some feathers and get people talking.

I guess you didn't see the Detroit game or Tampa game, both of those games were dominated by Trubisky....

Also, Nagy said he was protecting him weeks ago....I have not heard a peep out of him for two months about having to protect him.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I guess you didn't see the Detroit game or Tampa game, both of those games were dominated by Trubisky....

Also, Nagy said he was protecting him weeks ago....I have not heard a peep out of him for two months about having to protect him.

Every young QB gets protected learning a new offense. This is dumb to even bring up. Mahomes did not play until the last game last year because they wanted to protect him and bring him along slowly.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
He's saying our guys aren't "stars" because this is the first year they've all done this (sans Robinson's one year with Jax). Once we do the same thing next year he'll be singing a different tune.

Nicker

Liked Posts:

I watched both the games. Im not saying trubisky is bad. Like I said, I like him, I think he has a lot of potential. But hitting wide open receivers for touch downs against the 2 worst secondary’s in the game isn’t dominance.

He’s played well at times, but he’s inconsistent and still misses too many throws and doesn’t see open receivers downfield and checks down instead. Say whatever you want, but it’s happening. And cowherd is depending on people like you to ignore it and just look at the stats at face value and get outraged when he knocks trubisky.

I like trubisky, but right now he hasn’t proven he can “take over a game”. Until he does, your gonna hear guys like cowherd knock him and the bears for it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched both the games. Im not saying trubisky is bad. Like I said, I like him, I think he has a lot of potential. But hitting wide open receivers for touch downs against the 2 worst secondary’s in the game isn’t dominance.

He’s played well at times, but he’s inconsistent and still misses too many throws and doesn’t see open receivers downfield and checks down instead. Say whatever you want, but it’s happening. And cowherd is depending on people like you to ignore it and just look at the stats at face value and get outraged when he knocks trubisky.

I like trubisky, but right now he hasn’t proven he can “take over a game”. Until he does, your gonna hear guys like cowherd knock him and the bears for it.

Do receptions only count if the WRs aren't open...would you prefer Trubisky throw to covered guys so it looks better....

Give me some specific plays on all these check downs and wide open receivers down the field Trubisky is missing.....oddly enough you just stated his performances weren't dominating because he was only hitting wide open receivers......

Nicker

Liked Posts:
Do receptions only count if the WRs aren't open...would you prefer Trubisky throw to covered guys so it looks better....

Give me some specific plays on all these check downs and wide open receivers down the field Trubisky is missing.....oddly enough you just stated his performances weren't dominating because he was only hitting wide open receivers......
are you arguing just to argue? You do understand there is a difference beteeen a guy that is not even covered, and a guy that is open, right?

I’m not going to pick out plays for you and tell you how he made a poor decision, blah blah blah. If you believe he is capable of taking over a game, go ahead, I hope you’re right. But he hasn’t been consistent enough yet, and that’s why he’s being knocked. If you can’t see it, sorry for you my man.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

What do you call his performance on Sunday if he didn’t take the game over? The run game was horrible. Mitch was the whole offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you call his performance on Sunday if he didn’t take the game over? The run game was horrible. Mitch was the whole offense.

He is saying that Detroit is one of the two worst defenses in the league and the wide receivers were too open for it to count as a dominating performance

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
are you arguing just to argue? You do understand there is a difference beteeen a guy that is not even covered, and a guy that is open, right?

I’m not going to pick out plays for you and tell you how he made a poor decision, blah blah blah. If you believe he is capable of taking over a game, go ahead, I hope you’re right. But he hasn’t been consistent enough yet, and that’s why he’s being knocked. If you can’t see it, sorry for you my man.
this is the same person that fawns over Pat Mahomes after he passes to a wide open Tyreek Hill who just laughs his way 50 yards after the catch into the endzone.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:

Receivers open in games "Trubisky can't see the field"... Trubisky hits open receivers going through progressions (obviously doing so) "Of course he's hitting wide open receivers".

Trubisky isn't accurate "He has no accuracy!"... Trubisky is very accurate "He's erratic. Playing shit teams".

I can get behind the we haven't beaten anyone that is a playoff caliber/winning team statement, but people still harping on his faults, as you're watching the growth happen right before you, may have an agenda at this point.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He is saying that Detroit is one of the two worst defenses in the league and the wide receivers were too open for it to count as a dominating performance

Oh we’re back on this BS again? How nice. Sure why not hold it against a QB that his WRs got open?