Cowherd on the Bears and Trubisky this morning

swz01

Liked Posts:
I don't think any of these hacks actually watch the games. They just look at the box score. Say oh the Bears have no talent but its because they spread the ball around to their 5-6 good receiving targets. Look at Eagles last year.

swz01

Liked Posts:
BTW I've never seen so much hate on a first/second year QB who is putting up good numbers and is a great teammate and not a knucklehead (like Manziel who deserved it).

swz01

Liked Posts:
Receivers open in games "Trubisky can't see the field"... Trubisky hits open receivers going through progressions (obviously doing so) "Of course he's hitting wide open receivers".

Trubisky isn't accurate "He has no accuracy!"... Trubisky is very accurate "He's erratic. Playing shit teams".

I can get behind the we haven't beaten anyone that is a playoff caliber/winning team statement, but people still harping on his faults, as you're watching the growth happen right before you, may have an agenda at this point.

Agreed, the people who have an agenda under their hate are seriously pathetic and can GTFO. He's doing everything he should be doing. Making solid improvements, great teammate, couldn't be happier with his progress from start of season.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I don't think any of these hacks actually watch the games. They just look at the box score. Say oh the Bears have no talent but its because they spread the ball around to their 5-6 good receiving targets. Look at Eagles last year.

Even if you don't watch the games, Mitchell had 4 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, 350 yards on a 76% completion%.

Literally just a cursory glance at his box score would prevent any reasonable man from doing what Cowherd just did. Yet he doubled down on his idiocy

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just imagine that there is a checklist for people who are ill informed about a player

1. Checks down and tons of YAC
2. Bad pocket presence
3. Missing open guys
4. Almost interceptions
5. Running to early

They pick one and run with it until they are wrecked and either double down or move down the list.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
"Trubisky is a 37 year old Manu." Trubisky right now is playing better football than Manu ever played basketball.

"Nagy made those backs" Jordan Howard had more rushing yards in his first two seasons than Walter Payton and both were without Nagy, he's actually doing way worse WITH Nagy...hmm...either trolling or an extremely dumb take. Probably a bit of both.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I just imagine that there is a checklist for people who are ill informed about a player

1. Checks down and tons of YAC
2. Bad pocket presence
3. Missing open guys
4. Almost interceptions
5. Running to early

They pick one and run with it until they are wrecked and either double down or move down the list.

Yeah that's pretty much it. Right now Trubisky is doing nothing but being a good quarterback, way better than Cutler ever was, easily showing that he'll likely shatter every single Bears QB franchise record and be part of a winning team for a long time. Trubisky gets so much unnecessary hate.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yawn. Don't care. Something is wrong with you if you do care.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Also "Mahomes and Trubisky are not close." Ok, ok. We'll see.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Colin Cowherd is the kind of guy that watches a little bit of Sunday Night Football and the first half of Monday Night Football and then claims to be a NFL expert. He's not just wrong with Trubisky. He's wrong so much of the time, he makes Skip Bayless look like Bill Walsh.

Same dude that said Baker Mayfield was Johnny Manziel 2.0. He stays stupid shit to get views. What a disingenuous prick.

I usually only watch him when Joel Klatt is on his show. Joel Klatt is awesome. And he comes on Cowherd's show and is like, "No, no, no, you're wrong. No, wrong." He makes Cowherd look stupid. It's great.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Greg Jennings seems like a decent analyst. Who the fuck listens to Cowherd?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Colin Cowherd is the kind of guy that watches a little bit of Sunday Night Football and the first half of Monday Night Football and then claims to be a NFL expert. He's not just wrong with Trubisky. He's wrong so much of the time, he makes Skip Bayless look like Bill Walsh.

Same dude that said Baker Mayfield was Johnny Manziel 2.0. He stays stupid shit to get views. What a disingenuous prick.

I usually only watch him when Joel Klatt is on his show. Joel Klatt is awesome. And he comes on Cowherd's show and is like, "No, no, no, you're wrong. No, wrong." He makes Cowherd look stupid. It's great.

I mean making cowherd look stupid isn’t hard. He went from “Future MVP Trubisky” after one preseason game to “not sold on him yet” after a game with 4 TDs 350 yards and a 76% completion rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
God, you guys are pathetic. I am on board with trubisky. And I think mahomes is slightly overrated due to the talent around him.

But I see the problems with trubisky. That doesn’t mean I have an agenda (what would that be anyway? There’s nothing in the equation I control) it just means I think he needs to be better for us to be a legit Super Bowl contender.

Why do you think you have to bow at a guys feet to like him? Can’t I like him and see the flaws that are there?

You’re kidding, right? Trubisky was manipulating the D with his eyes, all game.

Drop back, read the safeties, freeze them with his eyes, go to the open receiver.

[video=youtube;3Kxwu6wT7q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kxwu6wT7q0[/video]

That’s franchise QB type shit right there.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The "looking off" stuff is often part of the playcall. A big deal is made of it when its really not all that crazy or impressive.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube;oFSg_HPYiRA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFSg_HPYiRA[/video]

More franchise type shit here.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
You’re kidding, right? Trubisky was manipulating the D with his eyes, all game.

Drop back, read the safeties, freeze them with his eyes, go to the open receiver.

[video=youtube;3Kxwu6wT7q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kxwu6wT7q0[/video]

That’s franchise QB type shit right there.

He literally has turned his mole eye into a terminator eye

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The "looking off" stuff is often part of the playcall. A big deal is made of it when its really not all that crazy or impressive.

:andruw: