1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Has he got a touch from scrimmage yet?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Gabriel may have a run 4.2 in shorts but he doesn't play at 4.2.

I like Gabriel but there's no way he's playing at that speed. Watch Hill or Cooks then watch Gabriel, the difference is obvious.

Hill and Cooks are #1 WR's. Gabriel is at best a poor #2 option, but a very good #3.

You are comparing pro bowl caliber WR's to a "guy". Seriously, you can't be this dumb right? There is more to getting open than just speed. And Gabriel very much does show that speed, he has beaten coverage deep on a regular basis.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he looked like crap in preseason. if they are getting him ready its just to provide depth behind cohen. i'd rather see them dump mizzell and go get ameer abdullah for the minimum.

Agreed, they gave him a lot of touches and he did very little.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
mizzell's 4.55 speed is nothing next level, he's a shifty player that may fit better given the oline's struggles to open holes for howard.
When the run game stalls, nothing wrong with the coach trying some different guys out to find a hot hand. Keep expectations up.

Has he got a touch from scrimmage yet?
He did. They ran him 1 time for zero yards against Lions. 1 reception for 5 yards against Buffalo. Two KOs for 11.5 avg.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Shaheen gets a lot of the media hype, but for my money this is the guy the Bears want to unleash for the stretch run. His speed is next level, way faster than any of the other Bears weapons.

They've quietly had him active the last two weeks and are putting him out there getting his feet wet. I think it's obvious they have big plans for him very soon.

They only activated him when Long got injured. Did they plan that?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I dont think there is any chance the Pace-led Bears ever pay a RB in any meaningful way.

Pace drafted Howard and the Bears used him in a meaningful way for two years.

Pace is not the coach.

I realize that you, like many, are pre-determined to just constantly bash certain people, and apparently Pace is one of them, but his is another level of stupid.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
When the run game stalls, nothing wrong with the coach trying some different guys out to find a hot hand. Keep expectations up.

He did. They ran him 1 time for zero yards against Lions. I 1 reception for 5 yards against Buffalo. Two KOs for 11.5 avg.

That's some speed, to be able to run a kickoff 11 yards before being ht.

lbeattie820

Liked Posts:
This guy blew the on-side kick recovery. Just blew it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I like Gabriel but there's no way he's playing at that speed. Watch Hill or Cooks then watch Gabriel, the difference is obvious.

You think you can tell the difference in speed that a player is playing at by watching that player from a distance or on tv? Just so you know you can't. He hasn't done anything at all to impress me yet but they are keeping him around on the PS and now the 53 so maybe Nagy likes him.

He might be faster straight line then Cohen because Cohen is more quick then he is fast but not so sure if he's faster then Gabriel straight line.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I dont think there is any chance the Pace-led Bears ever pay a RB in any meaningful way.

Pace is a smart man. RB's are easy to find these days especially the smaller quicker ones.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
he looked like crap in preseason. if they are getting him ready its just to provide depth behind cohen. i'd rather see them dump mizzell and go get ameer abdullah for the minimum.

The Vikings picked up Abdullah and dropped Roc Thomas which actually surprised me cause he really showed out for them in the preseason.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Watch Mizzell... He doesn't play to 4.55. He looks more like 4.6 or 4.7.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Ameer abdabfumbalya fumblerooskie injurdooskie

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

I agree. There were a few plays I thought he would take to the house with his speed, but he got caught. He gets behind defenders running straight, but he doesn't have that elite elusiveness.

dawags

Liked Posts:
Mizzell is not coming, he's going back to the practice squad as soon as they activate Shaheen to the 53 man roster.