First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
With the move from Mexico City to LA, the Rams go from 2.5 point favorites to 3.5.

Impossible! Every betting savant on CCS knows home field is worth 3 points! Gasp!!

Every home field isn't built the same.

You think Seattle's home field advantage is the same as a lackadaisical Jacksonville?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
With the move from Mexico City to LA, the Rams go from 2.5 point favorites to 3.5.

Impossible! Every betting savant on CCS knows home field is worth 3 points! Gasp!!

Is an LA game really a home field advantage though?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

You think Seattle's home field advantage is the same as a lackadaisical Jacksonville?

Dont even get this group started on Miami and all the tomfoolery and hocus pocus that goes on there.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
You're telling me you can't find some Mexicans to re sod a field in 4 days...IN MEXICO?!?!? I found some to do my lawn on the side of the road for 50 bucks.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

That’s the point. There are a thousand different factors that go into the point spread—some big, some small. Yet many would have you think they get done with all of that, look at the spread and then say, “Who we got? Seattle -1? Welp, better make it Seattle -4 then, since they’re at home!”

Home field advantage is just one of the many factors involved that lead them to a number. Yet every time the point spread comes out, you see the fake experts come out of the woodwork doing -3 math to bestow upon us that, well, since Vegas has the Bears -3 at home this game, that means they think they’re even to the Vikings.

It doesn’t. It means that for this game, they believe the Bears are 3 points better. Or, more accurately, -3 is the spread they believe will get the most money on each side.

So enough of the dumbass -3 math every time a point spread comes out. Mack himself probably swings 1-2 points, yet you wouldn’t hear people say on a -1.5 spread , “They think the Bears are evenly matched without Mack,” even though such a claim is just as arbitrary as imaginary neutral field matchups.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
That’s the point. There are a thousand different factors that go into the point spread—some big, some small. Yet many would have you think they get done with all of that, look at the spread and then say, “Who we got? Seattle -1? Welp, better make it Seattle -4 then, since they’re at home!”

Home field advantage is just one of the many factors involved that lead them to a number. Yet every time the point spread comes out, you see the fake experts come out of the woodwork doing -3 math to bestow upon us that, well, since Vegas has the Bears -3 at home this game, that means they think they’re even to the Vikings.

It doesn’t. It means that for this game, they believe the Bears are 3 points better. Or, more accurately, -3 is the spread they believe will get the most money on each side.

So enough of the dumbass -3 math every time a point spread comes out. Mack himself probably swings 1-2 points, yet you wouldn’t hear people say on a -1.5 spread , “They think the Bears are evenly matched without Mack,” even though such a claim is just as arbitrary as imaginary neutral field matchups.

This guy loses money

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Moved to LA according to Fox sports.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It's already almost done:
Dr5qCYfX4AAvKdJ.jpg

If there's something Mexicans know how to do...
Ducks.

If it was the Patriots the NFL would have no problem with new turf finished on the weekend for a game on Monday.
If it was Packers, throw a little paint on it, you'll be fine.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't think the Rams have very good fans. That game against the Packers sounded like the Packers had the home field advantage.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I don't think the Rams have very good fans. That game against the Packers sounded like the Packers had the home field advantage.

It doesn't matter when everyone has a tv. The Rams in fact have a national fan base..they are an original nfl franchise, almost 100 yrs old. Just like the Cardinals, the nfl has kept them alive regardless of moving them all over the country.
I wish the Cards had stayed in Chicago, or at least StL

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:

People who live in LA, either can't afford it, or no better than to deal with traffic for hours on end.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
People who live in LA, either can't afford it, or no better than to deal with traffic for hours on end.

spoken like someone who hasn't really lived it. why don't you reserve your traffic opinions for places you lived where you weren't in a cult?

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
spoken like someone who hasn't really lived it. why don't you reserve your traffic opinions for places you lived where you weren't in a cult?

I lived in Pasadena most of my life. That's where the cult was.
is LA expensive? yes? is traffic flooded ? yes.
these are intelligent,valid viewpoints.
and mocking someone having been in a cult, makes you 300 times more ignorant and stupid.
seriously,childish low blow. Youre lucky you didnt have your life hindered in such a way. Its more serious than you realize,obviously

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I lived in Pasadena most of my life. That's where the cult was.
is LA expensive? yes? is traffic flooded ? yes.
these are intelligent,valid viewpoints.
and mocking someone having been in a cult, makes you 300 times more ignorant and stupid.

not sure I'm mocking your being in a cult while you advertise the fact. anyway, I will be sure not to visit this board any more lest I get indoctrinated. deal? let's deprogram together

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
You're telling me you can't find some Mexicans to re sod a field in 4 days...IN MEXICO?!?!? I found some to do my lawn on the side of the road for 50 bucks.

Brain drain.