Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/zach-miller-horrific-injury-run-145841363.html

Just a snipit of the article. Good read on Zach Millers presence as the sideline cheerleader/coach and his progress towards running again.

During a Week 9 win in Buffalo, Trubisky tried to connect with Trey Burton but sailed the pass—describing it simply as “off-target” would be charitable—for an easy interception. Despite a 31-3 lead, Trubisky aggressively unsnapped his helmet strap and slapped his hands together in frustration as he walked off the field. He took a seat on the bench and shook his head as he reviewed photos of the play on a tablet. Miller approached from the far side of the bench, where the tight ends were congregated, and took a seat right next to Trubisky. Dude, forget about it. Are you kidding me? We’re smoking them right now and you’re doing your job. Just go out there and make plays like you always do. Trubisky nodded and relaxed.

Miller took Trubisky under his wing last year when Trubisky was a 23-year-old rookie thrown into the fire as the starter in Week 5. Since then, Miller has had a way of reading Trubisky’s body language and sensing exactly when the 24-year-old signal-caller needs an intervention. “I can just tell where he’s at,” Miller says. “He’s very critical of himself and puts a lot of pressure on himself. I’m there to just tell him, Hey that’s done, it’s time to move on.”

“Anytime it doesn’t look good, he immediately comes over and it’s like a calming presence,” Trubisky says. “He tells me exactly how it is . . . I forget about what happened and I try to make more good plays.”

Bears coaches are appreciative of The Miller Effect. “He is a tremendous asset,” says quarterbacks coach Dave Ragone, who likes to refer to Miller as an honorary quarterback. “I know he has been great for Mitchell as a player.”

“It always seems to happen when it’s needed, and it might not even be something that anyone else sees,” says tight ends coach Kevin Gilbride. “It might not be an interception, it might be the second three-and-out. Other people might not feel that Mitchell needs it, but something inside is telling Zach that he does.”

Trubisky has improved in his first year under Nagy, but he still struggles with consistency and misses too many open throws. He’s sworn off social media for the season, avoiding the criticism directed at him, but the expectations are high for the No. 2 pick of the 2017 draft. The sophomore season is crucial for a quarterback’s development, which makes Miller’s steadying influence even more important. Miller even dresses to support his quarterback. When Chicago hosted the Seahawks on Monday Night Football back in Week 2, Miller sported a shirt that said MITCH PLEASE in block orange letters. “It's like a big brother, little brother type thing,” says backup quarterback Chase Daniel.

“He's looked after me ever since I got here,” Trubisky says. “I'm the oldest of four, so I don't have an older brother. I definitely look at him as an older brother and someone I can talk to at any time about anything.”

Both Miller and Trubisky describe each other with the same three words: “That’s my guy.” The two share the same barber, and they’ll frequently have “haircut nights” where they gather at one of their houses, order in food, watch TV and get haircuts. Miller will pop in Ragone’s quarterback meetings throughout the week to mess with the guys and sometimes even on Saturday nights before the game to check in on Trubisky’s pre-game mindset. “I sat in on their meeting before the Jets game, and he was just dialed in,” Miller says. “The stuff that you have to go through mentally, physically, for me to sit there and watch that, I'm just proud of how he soaks it all in.”

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was hoping this was going to be about Antmillz trying to kick some Lions player's asses on Sunday after dear sweet Mitchell got rekt out of bounds...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Zach Miller seems like a good, genuine dude.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whenever Zach Miller decides to retire and stops the comeback he should immediately be hired as a director of player development.

He seems to be loved and respected by players and the team, he seems like an genuine guy, and he has a positive effect on players.

Little things like this may seem trivial, but they add up.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I hope Miller continues to work in the NFL as a coach. The man just gets it and players love him. Good on him for sticking to the sport even though he can't play right now, and good on the bears for keeping him in our building.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Moves like these reflect well on an organization when it comes to free agency and retaining players. At first I thought it was just a classy thing for the Bears to do (Miller having resources to the facilities, rehab, etc.) but he seems to have an impact with the team.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Class guy.

#itwasatd

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Running 50 yards a year after you might lose you leg is incredible. I'm always glad to see him walking from the bus to the locker room with Trubisky and seeing him standing on the sideline. He shouldn't ever play again, but I hope Pace signs him to vet min and IR's him again next year. The way he mingles in with players and coaches on the same level of each is obviously helping bridge the gap between and providing valuable knowledge to both sides.

Staleydabear1938

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miller is class all the way. I hope they bring him on to staff in some way. Maybe as a coaching intern or something so Nagy can have a protege of his own developing.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Baerz have all the Millz, from A-Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speed

Liked Posts:
I hope they give Miller a job. The team likes his presence and he seems like a good dude. I've heard he does quality control work too in the film room.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just open the link. Right in there it says that Miller does cut ups of film for the tight ends to spotlight the week's opponent.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Just open the link. Right in there it says that Miller does cut ups of film for the tight ends to spotlight the week's opponent.

And keeping him as a player gives him the added benefit of Chicago doctors. He’s paying Pace back by being one of the best guys on the sideline for the team. Good deal all around

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read the whole article thinking it was referring to Anthony Miller. I thought they made a mistake about taking Trubs under his wing last year. Got to the haircut part and then I was like "nah...i gotta double check who they're talking abt"