Quintin Nelson: the Pancake Man

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wow he hit a LB flowing towards the ball, big deal. No guard that has played, is playing, or will play is worth a top 10 pick.

Not true. If he's HOF when it's all said and done, then he's absolutely fucking worth it

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He can run block very well, but his pass blocking, specifically on stunts, has been just okay this season. Def. not worthy of the #6 pick thus far, not that a guard ever is. He isn't even the best guard of his draft class so far, that honor goes to Will Hernandez, which a lot of people thought would be better than Nelson during the draft process(and capable of being obtained in the 2nd round).

He just won rookie of the month for an OG...first time that's ever been done. Are you always this fucking stupid?

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Not true. If he's HOF when it's all said and done, then he's absolutely fucking worth it

No he's not. There hasn't been a HoF guard ever worth a top 10 pick. EVER. The drop off from the top guard to the second best guard in a draft is significantly smaller than the drop off from any other position (with the exception of maybe center).

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No he's not. There hasn't been a HoF guard ever worth a top 10 pick. EVER. The drop off from the top guard to the second best guard in a draft is significantly smaller than the drop off from any other position (with the exception of maybe center).

I think everyone here just got dumber reading this crock of shit.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Name me one HoF guard without looking. Now name me a QB, RB, T, DT, LB, S, DE. Guards aren't worth top ten picks.

Lol. Larry Allen or Bruce Matthews? Soon to be Steve Hutchinson. This is just a dumb conversation. It's not worth being a HOF OG because you were picked in the top 10.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think everyone here just got dumber reading this crock of shit.

Nothing he said is wrong. I mean if you know a guard is a HoFer obviously he could be worth a top 10 pick, but then why not just draft a HoF QB, WR, CB, LT, DE, MLB, or basically any other position in the league.

MLB and Guard are two of the safest positions to draft in the league, taking one at #6 was never a wise choice, especially considering Will Hernandez had great tape and destroyed the combine as well and ended up being drafted in the 2nd round. Saying Nelson can make the HoF is just as likely as Hernandez making it at this point.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nothing he said is wrong. I mean if you know a guard is a HoFer obviously he could be worth a top 10 pick, but then why not just draft a HoF QB, WR, CB, LT, DE, MLB, or basically any other position in the league.

MLB and Guard are two of the safest positions to draft in the league, taking one at #6 was never a wise choice, especially considering Will Hernandez had great tape and destroyed the combine as well and ended up being drafted in the 2nd round. Saying Nelson can make the HoF is just as likely as Hernandez making it at this point.

Between this and the Bearmick thread, you should probably just stop posting. You are quickly approaching Aussie territory.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Between this and the Bearmick thread, you should probably just stop posting. You are quickly approaching Aussie territory.

Because drafting a guard in the top 10 is stupid? Yea, its been proven to be, and multiple former front office people believe so.

So you are telling me if Roquan becomes a HoF'er, and so does Nelson, you end up drafting Nelson ahead of him? I'm betting you 32/32 teams say theyd take the linebacker.

The best guard in this draft isn't even Nelson thus far. That kind of proves your point false. Now if you knew he was a HoF'er, as I said, it would be worth a top 10 pick, but so far he hasn't looked anything close to it. There is no such thing as a "sure thing" in the NFL, just look at Tony Mandarich, which was one of the highest rated lineman prospects to EVER come out. The odds you draft an elite guard in the 2nd/3rd/4th round are much higher than any other position. THAT's why its not a smart pick.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Because drafting a guard in the top 10 is stupid? Yea, its been proven to be, and multiple former front office people believe so.

So you are telling me if Roquan becomes a HoF'er, and so does Nelson, you end up drafting Nelson ahead of him? I'm betting you 32/32 teams say theyd take the linebacker.

The best guard in this draft isn't even Nelson thus far. That kind of proves your point false. Now if you knew he was a HoF'er, as I said, it would be worth a top 10 pick, but so far he hasn't looked anything close to it. There is no such thing as a "sure thing" in the NFL, just look at Tony Mandarich, which was one of the highest rated lineman prospects to EVER come out. The odds you draft an elite guard in the 2nd/3rd/4th round are much higher than any other position. THAT's why its not a smart pick.

If the best guard is not Nelson - who won Offensive Rookie of the Month his first month in the NFL, playing Guard, then who is the best?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great player. Was gone before the Bears could draft him so I’m not really sure what the point is.... R. Smith will be good for a long time, too.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Lol. Larry Allen or Bruce Matthews? Soon to be Steve Hutchinson. This is just a dumb conversation. It's not worth being a HOF OG because you were picked in the top 10.

The point is guards are a dime a dozen. If I'm picking in the top 10 this isn't even a question. I have two needs and one of them is QB and one is G, I'm picking QB over the top G in the class every damn time. If I need a WR and a G, I'm picking a WR every damn time. If I need a DE and a G, I'm picking a DE. There's a much bigger drop off from all of those positions than from the top guard to second best.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If the best guard is not Nelson - who won Offensive Rookie of the Month his first month in the NFL, playing Guard, then who is the best?

Will Hernandez. I don't give a fuck about awards, Will has looked every bit as good as Nelson has, and the Giants got the opportunity to draft the RB of the decade while still taking him.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Best OG in your mind didn't win ROM. Why is that if he's superior?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The point is guards are a dime a dozen. If I'm picking in the top 10 this isn't even a question. I have two needs and one of them is QB and one is G, I'm picking QB over the top G in the class every damn time. If I need a WR and a G, I'm picking a WR every damn time. If I need a DE and a G, I'm picking a DE. There's a much bigger drop off from all of those positions than from the top guard to second best.

Lol. If only you were a GM.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Listen I'm not saying Nelson can't be great, my point is if any of the picks in his general draft position(Minkah, Davenport, Roquan, etc.) become great, its not a good value pick when there were MULTIPLE guards with high talent in the draft capable of being had in the early 2nd. If both will and nelson end up becoming ballers, which I expect them, its obvious that Hernandez is the better value choice.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Great player. Was gone before the Bears could draft him so I’m not really sure what the point is.... R. Smith will be good for a long time, too.

They don't have a legitimate point. They are just mad Nelson is playing at an elite level in his 2nd month, as Baldinger has already said he's one of the best OG's in the league, and they can't handle it. But we should have known that since his thread on his Bearmick obsession already pointed that out.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets