Quintin Nelson: the Pancake Man

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lol. If only you were a GM.

Charley Casserly is actually a former GM of a superbowl winning team, and has stated on record drafting a Guard in the top 10 is not smart. But what does he know.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I dont get this discussion wrt the Bears. They couldn't draft Nelson unless they moved up. This is like saying you'd rather have had Leonard Williams than Kevin White...not really a relevant discussion.

I like Roq a lot. I see him getting better every week. I have a feeling both will have long, successful careers.

msadows

Liked Posts:
They don't have a legitimate point. They are just mad Nelson is playing at an elite level in his 2nd month, as Baldinger has already said he's one of the best OG's in the league, and they can't handle it. But we should have known that since his thread on his Bearmick obsession already pointed that out.

The legitimate point is a HoF LT/QB/WR/CB/S/MLB all have more impact on the game than a HoF Guard.

And Will is playing on about the same level as Nelson, and was picked in the 2nd round. Thats a pretty good point.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
They don't have a legitimate point. They are just mad Nelson is playing at an elite level in his 2nd month, as Baldinger has already said he's one of the best OG's in the league, and they can't handle it. But we should have known that since his thread on his Bearmick obsession already pointed that out.

Nelson could play great for the rest of his career and I couldn't care less, nor am I mad about it. I just disagree with you on his value vs other top tier players. Our GM did the right thing and picked exactly who he should have. Smith was the best MLB in the draft and he fell right into Pace's hands. The difference between when he's out there and when Kwiatkowski is in is significant.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Indy's 1st 2 picks... an olineman and a linebacker(pass rusher)
Our 1st 2 picks... a linebacker and an olineman

And guess what? All 4 of them are pretty good. Firm handshakes all around. Except for Omelet. When he puts his hand out, I'll grab it and fucking FART ON IT!

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The legitimate point is a HoF LT/QB/WR/CB/S/MLB all have more impact on the game than a HoF Guard.

And Will is playing on about the same level as Nelson, and was picked in the 2nd round. Thats a pretty good point.

and Darius Leonard, a 2nd round pick, is outplaying Roquan Smith.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nelson could play great for the rest of his career and I couldn't care less, nor am I mad about it. I just disagree with you on his value vs other top tier players. Our GM did the right thing and picked exactly who he should have. Smith was the best MLB in the draft and he fell right into Pace's hands. The difference between when he's out there and when Kwiatkowski is in is significant.

Lol. Smith has nothing to do with this argument.
Question is, if Nelson turns out to be a HOF, was he worth it at #6? Yes.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:

Again, no HoF guard was ever worth a top 10 pick. Guards are a dime a dozen. You can convert a tackle into a guard with ease. They are less impactful to the game than any other player.

msadows

Liked Posts:
and Darius Leonard, a 2nd round pick, is outplaying Roquan Smith.

Difference is Leonard wasn't discussed as being a pro bowl caliber LB coming out of the draft, Will Hernandez was.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Again, no HoF guard was ever worth a top 10 pick. Guards are a dime a dozen. You can convert a tackle into a guard with ease. They are less impactful to the game than any other player.

Just stop.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Difference is Leonard wasn't discussed as being a pro bowl caliber LB coming out of the draft, Will Hernandez was.

I dont give a shit what's being "discussed". That's all bullshit.

Seriously...people have zero idea what they are talking about when it comes to the draft.

Chris Ballard saw what Leonard could be and drafted him.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Not if any other position in his general vicinity becomes a HoF'er.

The best guard in the league last year was undrafted. There isn't value in taking a guard that early in the first. Yes, he could be elite and mean a lot to the team, but if the choice was between spending a first rounder on a guard or signing norwell, I would sign norwell 100% of the time. There has been a probowl guard hit FA yearly now it seems like.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I dont get this discussion wrt the Bears. They couldn't draft Nelson unless they moved up. This is like saying you'd rather have had Leonard Williams than Kevin White...not really a relevant discussion.

I like Roq a lot. I see him getting better every week. I have a feeling both will have long, successful careers.
Guy from Germany doesn't like the topic.

geschlossen Sie der Scheiße oben

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Indy's 1st 2 picks... an olineman and a linebacker(pass rusher)
Our 1st 2 picks... a linebacker and an olineman

And guess what? All 4 of them are pretty good. Firm handshakes all around. Except for Omelet. When he puts his hand out, I'll grab it and fucking FART ON IT!

Any luck and it's a shart.