Quintin Nelson: the Pancake Man

msadows

Liked Posts:
A HOF player is now a dime a dozen. Brilliant

So let me ask you this hypothetical however:

Lets say both Roquan and Nelson become HoF'ers

And Daniels and Leonard both become very good players.

You'd rather have the HoF Guard over the HoF MLB?

Value isn't there to take a Guard in the top 10, thats why nelson was the highest one ever drafted. Not that MLB is much better, but guard and center are the two safest positions to draft in the league, no reason to take one in the top 10. Top 10 picks are reserved for talent at playmaking positions.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I would use the first pick in the draft on a G if I knew he was gonna be a HOFer. I isn't interested in a small drop off guy in the second.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
I would use the first pick in the draft on a G if I knew he was gonna be a HOFer. I isn't interested in a small drop off guy in the second.

You would use the #1 overall pick? Or your team's #1? We're talking top 10 pick here.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
TightIndolentIzuthrush-max-1mb.gif

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
:hawked:

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
Hope you're happy fake ommy

msadows

Liked Posts:
Overall 1. If I knew he would be HOF good.

Except you don't know he will be HoF good, thats the point of the draft. And if you knew what players would be HoF'ers you would NOT pick a fucking guard. Any pick has a chance to bust, including the safest in interior lineman. I've already pointed out that one of the most touted lineman in nfl history, Tony Mandarich, became a giant bust with the 2nd overall pick(Fuck the Packers). Chance Warmack/Johnathan Cooper were supposed to be beast also and have become backups or no names.

Look at this scouting profile for Cooper:

CBS SPORTS: COMPARES TO: Rodney Hudson, OC, Kansas City Chiefs -- Possessing the rare combination of balance, agility and durability that helped Hudson earn the Jacobs Blocking Trophy as a left guard back in 2010, Cooper ranks as one of 2013's safest prospects and a future Pro Bowl contender at whichever of the three interior line positions his future NFL team most needs help.

Here is PFF:

0MsLrt5.0.jpg

Nothing is guaranteed, not even if the guy is the best lineman prospect in years.

While I do think Nelson will be great, and always did, I also think the impact on his position is negligible over a player who is just above average versus the rest of the positional groupings. The draft, especially the first round, is always a roll of the dice. It's better to take that roll on a playmaking position.

An elite pass rusher/WR/CB/LB affects the game much more than an elite guard in the past, but much more so in this day and age.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Got any new Taco stories
Once, while Taco's wife was on the phone he painted a smilie face on his dick. He showed it to her while she was talking and she laughed so hard she had to hang up the phone

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
Once, while Taco's wife was on the phone he painted a smilie face on his dick. He showed it to her while she was talking and she laughed so hard she had to hang up the phone

Not new though

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If oline is so easy any late rounder can be a star I'd sure as hell would like to know why the Bears tend to suck so bad at online when they fill the line with so many late rounders just like you all say. Anyone up for some j'tacos?

It doesn't make a bit of sense to pay that much for Mack to beat positions that are meaningless. If Mack is important the people who protect against the Macks of the world are important. If sacking a QB destroys the drive, letting them sack your QB destroys the drive.
If you haven't noticed when our oline is doing good our QB is doing good. Protecting the QB is important.
And I'm not talking about a player we had no chance at for a position we really didn't need to fill. The asinine rationalization that pass rushers are important but not pass protection drives me nuts.

I also don't want to hear any BPA claims from anyone saying a projected HOF player who falls 2 spots in the top 10 isn't worth it. A HOF'er in any position is a boost to the team and if we had got Nelson and he does go to the HOF we'd likely have a HOF'er protecting our QB and a HOF'er sacking QBs at the same time in history. My god, that would really suck for Bears fans.