2nd seed is very realistic

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
I’m on board, #1 or #2 seed would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Apparently not and he doesn't know which cities have NFL teams and which ones don't either.

Houston Oilers will make the playoffs.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OP makes a valid point completely contingent upon first beating MIN.

IF Bears are as good as we hope & prove themselves on Sunday Night lights, the next two are more winnable.

A few IFS & BUTTS, but cool to even be considering such things. After collapses vs. GB, NE, & MIA, anything can happen, so I'm cautiously optimistic for now.

Given all three of those Ls were EACH just one basic play made of several opportunities for the win, hope is not ignorant hope either.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
Let's take a look at the remaining schedule for the current top 4 NFC teams including the Bears, Rams, Saints, & Vikings...

Saints: Eagles, Falcons, Cowboys, Bucs, Panthers, Steelers, Panthers.
Rams: Chiefs, Lions, Bears, Eagles, Cardinals, 49ers.
Bears: Vikings, Lions, Giants, Rams, Packers, 49ers, Vikings.
Vikings: Bears, Packers, Patriots, Seahawks, Dolphins, Lions, Bears.

I could see the Saints winning 5 of those 7 games, finishing with a record of 13-3. (Eagles, Falcons, Cowboys, Bucs, and once vs Panthers.)
I could see the Rams winning 4 of those last 6 games, finishing with a record of 13-3. (Lions, Eagles, Cardinals, 49ers.)
I believe the Saints and Rams will end up with the top 2 seeds and receiving the 1st round byes.

I can also see the Bears winning 5 of the last 7 games with a final record of 11-5. (Once vs Vikings, Lions, Giants, Rams, 49ers. For some reason I just feel like the Packers will somehow find a way to win again. Rodgers always finds some damn way to get us.

And finally the Vikings, I can see winning 5 of the last 7 going 10-5-1. (Packers, Seahawks, Dolphins, Lions, & once vs Bears).

Final seeding would be 1) Saints. 2) Rams. 3) Bears. 4)Vikings. Panthers would likely end up with 5th or 6th seed and Redskins would likely win the NFC East.

I just don't see the Bears ending up with a top 2 seed and first round bye the way the schedule finishes out for everyone, but let's not forget the fact that this is just the very beginning of this "new look" Bears team. Nagy is a first year head coach and Trubisky is a 2nd year QB (first in this new system) so we're well ahead of schedule for where this team was expected to be. If we can just get IN the playoffs we'd have a fighting chance and you never know how injuries could shape things, both for us and the other teams. We just saw the Rams lose Kupp for the rest of the year, you never know who else could go down for any team.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Let's take a look at the remaining schedule for the current top 4 NFC teams including the Bears, Rams, Saints, & Vikings...

I could see the Saints winning 5 of those 7 games, finishing with a record of 13-3. (Eagles, Falcons, Cowboys, Bucs, and once vs Panthers.)
I could see the Rams winning 4 of those last 6 games, finishing with a record of 13-3. (Lions, Eagles, Cardinals, 49ers.)
I believe the Saints and Rams will end up with the top 2 seeds and receiving the 1st round byes.

I can also see the Bears winning 5 of the last 7 games with a final record of 11-5. (Once vs Vikings, Lions, Giants, Rams, 49ers. For some reason I just feel like the Packers will somehow find a way to win again. Rodgers always finds some damn way to get us.

And finally the Vikings, I can see winning 5 of the last 7 going 10-5-1. (Packers, Seahawks, Dolphins, Lions, & once vs Bears).

Final seeding would be 1) Saints. 2) Rams. 3) Bears. 4)Vikings. Panthers would likely end up with 5th or 6th seed and Redskins would likely win the NFC East.

I just don't see the Bears ending up with a top 2 seed and first round bye the way the schedule finishes out for everyone, but let's not forget the fact that this is just the very beginning of this "new look" Bears team. Nagy is a first year head coach and Trubisky is a 2nd year QB (first in this new system) so we're well ahead of schedule for where this team was expected to be. If we can just get IN the playoffs we'd have a fighting chance and you never know how injuries could shape things, both for us and the other teams. We just saw the Rams lose Kupp for the rest of the year, you never know who else could go down for any team.

Tell me more about how the Bears and Vikings end up the 3rd and 4th seed?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears would gave to win out, and hope the Rams pick up a 3rd loss along the way.

Impossible? No.

Improbable? Yes.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
I guess I'd have to correct myself that the Bears would end up with the 3rd seed and Vikings with 5th or 6th as a wild card. I was thinking purely about overall record.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

It’s important to look at the home/away schedule in late November and December. The top 2 teams right now are a southern dome team and a warm west coast team.

Game location is a real thing this time of year. The teams cottled from the elements are practicing in good weather all week then get off the plane in the north with a swift punch in the face to cold and wind.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
What scares me the most about finishing the season strong is, in every loss they had a double digit lead at some point in the game and couldn’t finish. Every game was against an average or good opponent. They need to “learn” how to win big games.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It’s important to look at the home/away schedule in late November and December. The top 2 teams right now are a southern dome team and a warm west coast team.

Game location is a real thing this time of year. The teams cottled from the elements are practicing in good weather all week then get off the plane in the north with a swift punch in the face to cold and wind.

I always love the "Bear weather" talk. Then a team like Houston comes in and knocks the Bears' block off.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I always love the "Bear weather" talk. Then a team like Houston comes in and knocks the Bears' block off.

Because there is bear weather in texas too

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The Bears would gave to win out, and hope the Rams pick up a 3rd loss along the way.

Impossible? No.

Improbable? Yes.

The Rams have a very good chance at a second loss this week. If the Bears were to win out, they would give the Rams that third loss. Personally think that's a pipe dream, but the Rams losing three games isn't inconceivable. I could see the Rams and Saints both losing another game or two, most likely to a team they should beat.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

mecha

Liked Posts:
My favorite was when people were talking bear weather when the Patriots came to town in 2010.

that game was an abortion. only to be superseded 4 years later with a larger abortion.

also, which parallel dimension do we exist in where the Patriots aren't capable of playing in snow? Brady attains vast superhuman powers in snow. it's like fighting Jackie Chan in an IKEA.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

I never said “bear weather”, however, weather is a factor when the warm west cost and southern dome team can not duplicate the weather during practice the whole week. The heat in Miami was a factor vs the Bears. Nagy should have had practice inside all week with the heat blasting.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I do not think so.

The Bears have not been in this position before. These other teams have been good for awhile. That experience is valuable.

lol you keep playing that card! GO BEARS PLAYOFFS BABY!!! BELIEVE!!!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
that game was an abortion. only to be superseded 4 years later with a larger abortion.

also, which parallel dimension do we exist in where the Patriots aren't capable of playing in snow? Brady attains vast superhuman powers in snow. it's like fighting Jackie Chan in an IKEA.
It was a great game to be at though. Got to watch the goat live and on top of his game.