Visiting Viking boards

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
1. My opinion is that this game will really test DeFelippo. I think the Vikings Defense is not going to lose to Mitchell Trubisky and the Bear's Offense. Or at least they shouldn't. The way we lose this game is if the offense makes big mistakes early and gives the Bears free points on short fields. So can DeFelippo be patient and allow the game to progress without committing the big error while at teh same time sustaining enough of a few drives early to create a lopsided TOP and wear out our defense? I hope they are game planning in such a way as to help their OL against the Bears DL.
I think this is a winnable game. The Bears have been feasting on a soft schedule. This will be a statement win for them. We should remind them who is the NFC North Champion.

2. Very big game. Losing it won't be back breaking but it'll be a huge setback. I still think that on a good (and healthy) day this team can beat any team in the league. Say what you want about which teams Mitchell Trubisky has been up against but at the end of the day he's got a 101.6 passer rating on the season against NFL teams. He has his ups and downs and I think the Vikings secondary can handle him (when healthy) but I don't think he should be taken lightly.

3. The Bears are a significantly better team than the Packers at every spot but QB. I think we can lose to them and still be okay versus GB. Seattle actually scares me more than either of those two teams. We just do not play well against Pete Carroll and I think Trubiskey is going to struggle against our D so even if we beat the Bears, I believe we will still lose to the Seahawks. We WILL sweep the Lions this year.

4. Let's play this game and then see how things shake out. The Bears have a fairly putrid offense. They do have an easy schedule, but they are as prone to lose a stupid game as much as anyone.

As I said at the onset of this thread: This game is really on the Vikings offense to not commit stupid turnovers. If they do not commit a turnover then I would say the Vikings have a 90% chance of being victorious in this game. Trubisky is not going to put up huge yardage and/or points against our defense. We need to get our +13 down. That is the biggest reason for our issues this season.
5. Injury report for Wednesday:

LB Anthony Barr (hamstring) - did not participate
OL Tom Compton (knee) - limited practice
WR Stefon Diggs (rib) - full practice
DT Linval Joseph (ankle/shoulder) - full practice
TE David Morgan (knee) - did not practice
OL Mike Remmers (low back) - limited practice
CB Xavier Rhodes (foot) - limited practice
S Andrew Sendejo (groin) - did not practice
WR Adam Thielen (low Back/calf) - limited practice
6. Bears 33, Vikings 17. Cousins has 7 passes tipped, 2 for pick-6s. Bears doink 5 extra points and 3 field goals
7. That should work to our advantage, but this really is a must win in my opinion. They cannot afford mistakes, which means it will be something like this or like Theilen putting the ball on the ground again.I'm more worried that Mack has a field day against our OL and Cousins exists with an injury. You might not see the passes tipped, but you could just as easily see a fumble or 4.
8. Yeah the Bears look pretty good but they haven't beaten anybody impressive. The only decent team they beat was the Seahawks, who are currently 4-4, soon to be 4-5 when they lose to LA today.
9. Vikings are 2-6 at Soldier Field since 2010. I'm worried about this game.
10. How long has this Bear Down thing been around? Everytime I hear it I think of like a group of Bears finding a wounded Bear in the woods and they start screaming "Bear down, bear down, we have a bear down over here".. its dumb.
11. The Bears have five defensive players in the top 10 at their respective positions, per PFF.

S Eddie Jackson (2)
CB Bryce Callahan (3)
CB Kyle Fuller (4)
DT Akiem Hicks (4)
EDGE Khalil Mack (9)
12. The Bears lead the NFL in turnover percentage thanks to four from Nathan Peterman, three from Sam Bradford, two from each of DeShone Kizer, Jameis Winston, Matt Stafford, Russell Wilson & Brock Osweiler, one from each of Tom Brady, Josh Rosen and Ryan Fitzpatrick and a handful of rushing fumbles.
13. I'm looking forward to a great game. Two good teams. The winner of this game will probably end up the season as Division champs. Pivotal game here for both teams.
14. The #Bears' defense has knocked one QB out of the game (Rodgers), three QBs out of a job (Fitzpatrick, Bradford, Peterman) and two QBs out of the league (Bradford, Peterman) this season.
15. I really look forward to our defense against Nagy's offense. He has them playing at a high level right now, looks exactly like the Chiefs did. Also, in terms of QB hits the Bears give up close to the fewest while the Vikes are right in the middle.
16. I have read a few articles about this game and am surprised at the number of sports writers expecting the bears to roll us. I know the Bears have been playing well but aside from the Seahawks and Patriots and Bills they have played very close games with very bad teams. I actually am expecting us to bring Turbisky back down to earth and win by 14+. The D definitely has shown it's 2017 attitude and play the last couple weeks and the Oline will hopefully be 100% healthy for the first time this year. Mack is going to get his pressures and maybe even a sack or two but there isn't much about the bears that actually scares me other than Cohen and the screen game.

17. Bears are legit coupled with an easy schedule is going to make things interesting for us. We really need to get to 10 wins. Thus 5-2 finish.
18. After a bye, we should not only be as close to full strength health wise as we can get mid season, but we will have had an extra week to prepare. I think we come in with a strong game plan to take Mack out of the game. Hopefully some heavy screen passes towards his side to cook which will slow him down, get us a lead, and not allow them to pin their ears back. Maybe some 3 step drops, quick passes, and WR screens. Chicago is very stout against the run, so it might be tough to ram it down their throat, so i would like to see some extended hand offs via the pass. It will take their pass rushers out of the game, and not put as much pressure on our OL to block for very long. If we can get a decent lead and eventually run the ball, i think our defense can feast on these guys. Trubisky doesn't scare me nearly as much as that D and having to play them from behind. The bears are already our primary contenders for the division and this is going to be a huge game. The most important game of the season thus far. But i believe we show up, being the first time we are at full strength since week 1, build on the momentum of last week, and take the W.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
#16 was my fave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
16. I have read a few articles about this game and am surprised at the number of sports writers expecting the bears to roll us. I know the Bears have been playing well but aside from the Seahawks and Patriots and Bills they have played very close games with very bad teams.

This one is probably the best of the bunch...reminds me of a lot of the fans up here. They still think that Cousins is their "answer."

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
*misunderstanding

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
#4....that guy is going to get a heavy dose of reality Sunday night...

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Is pretty funny

I cracked up at that youngin fan remark too. It's been a thing longer than they have been sucking off that horn and dressing in blond wigs like women.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol... the Bears offense is putrid? I wish their team believed that as much as that fan does.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Lmao we've been feasting on a soft schedule but who the F have the Vikings beat?

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ill informed fans, didn’t expect anything more.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They have ridiculous homers just like we do.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
Lmao the #10 dude thinks bear down is stupid? He’s a fan of the team that chants “skol”.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Ill informed fans, didn’t expect anything more.

There are a few up here that are informed...but most are homers that just listen to what is regurgitated on the radio. I think the Vikes are a solid team. But I don't think that they are in that great tier. And I think the Bears are at the solid team tier. But if Mitch starts continues his consistent improvement...the Bears in the great tier.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Time for decaf, 1230. Time for decaf...

??? It's a thing I do most weeks. Just to get a glimpse of what our opponents think. It's not hard hitting journalism but it's interesting enough.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I actually think they are pretty respectful

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears have a fairly putrid offense

Anyone else worried that the defense won't be able to stop Herschel Walker?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
??? It's a thing I do most weeks. Just to get a glimpse of what our opponents think. It's not hard hitting journalism but it's interesting enough.

My bad, I get the thread now. Thanks for posting!

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
14. The #Bears' defense has knocked one QB out of the game (Rodgers), three QBs out of a job (Fitzpatrick, Bradford, Peterman) and two QBs out of the league (Bradford, Peterman) this season.

my favorite

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually some pretty rational points there. Except they underestimate the Bears O. Seems like the whole NFL is. And I am not talking about Trubisky. I mean the O as a whole. This squad puts up points one way or another.

I think a good pass rush can still lead to Trubs having a crappy day, but I think the O still puts up points even when Trubs struggles.