OT: Brandon Marshall: 'Healthy as a trout,' excited to join Saints

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I guess people can finally shut up with the never making the playoff thing now...

Why, has he played in a playoff game already since signing?

Let's wait to see if he gets injured or cut before the end of the season before we tell people to shut up. (And jumping on the train as it enters the station doesn't exactly point to Marshall as the reason, or even A reason, the Saints will make the playoffs.

But we're so supposed to shut up because he somehow "showed us"? WTF?

ehs3

Liked Posts:
Why, has he played in a playoff game already since signing?

Let's wait to see if he gets injured or cut before the end of the season before we tell people to shut up. (And jumping on the train as it enters the station doesn't exactly point to Marshall as the reason, or even A reason, the Saints will make the playoffs.

But we're so supposed to shut up because he somehow "showed us"? WTF?

They're acquiring an extra weapon in the hopes that he will help to push the team through to the Super Bowl...like Ricky Proehl did for the Rams in 1999.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
They're acquiring an extra weapon in the hopes that he will help to push the team through to the Super Bowl...like Ricky Proehl did for the Rams in 1999.

More like, Ricky Parole.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I have no idea why you would post this as a response to what I wrote.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
Brandon Marshall has, at least, came out and support mental illness. He is bi-polar and it is not an easy disorder to deal with. I give him a lot of respect.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is bi-polar and it is not an easy disorder to deal with. I give him a lot of respect.

I believe it's actually BPD, not bipolar for what it's worth.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
I believe it's actually BPD, not bipolar for what it's worth.

I suffer from it. I have to take medication to regulate myself. It's a real disorder and you should be lucky not to have it. It tells you that you are the smartest person in the room yet at the same time think you are worthless and should kill yourself. Drinking alcohol makes it 10X worse yet it's a great way to stop the voices...........

gilder121

Donator
Liked Posts:
I suffer from it. I have to take medication to regulate myself. It's a real disorder and you should be lucky not to have it. It tells you that you are the smartest person in the room yet at the same time think you are worthless and should kill yourself. Drinking alcohol makes it 10X worse yet it's a great way to stop the voices...........

Yeah, I've lived with people with Bipolar and also people with BPD at various points in my life. I don't marginalize either condition.

To be clear again, we are discussing two different disorders.

I think the majority of Brandon's extreme behavior can be explained by his BPD, from the tantrums, to the fights, to the paranoia, to the domestic abuse, to the narcissism.

I also think that SOME of it can be excused because it's just harder for someone with BPD to live. That to me is where you have to look.

Where is the line that things can be overlooked considering his condition? Is it-
1) Retail theft
2) DUI
2) The tantrums
3) Calling out teammates in ways that hurt the locker room?
4) Getting into physical fights with teammates?
5) The narcissism? Including calling a press conference where he trashed his ex.
6) The domestic violence

He's pissed people off so bad that he's had people, including friends and family try to fight him(multiple), stab him (ex), run him over with a car (father), and even murder him (The murder where he was the intended target when Darent Williams got killed). And that's just in his personal life.

But some people on here will tell you that Brandon Marshall's issues in the locker room were because he just cared too much or tried too hard. He has BPD, and that impacts every interaction he has.

Where is the right line to excuse his behavior? I don't know, but hopefully we can all agree that domestic violence is inexcusable and work our way back based on our own belief systems. I do know that to me, I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Bears even if he was still in his prime.

Now, being diagnosed, treated (likely for the rest of his life), and becoming an advocate? Those things I respect.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I've lived with people with Bipolar and also people with BPD at various points in my life. I don't marginalize either condition.

I see the difference. I guess Brandon Marshall has borderline personality disorder? Yes, that is different. I don't have that. You are right, you can't excuse criminal behavior. But you really think he is the only "bad apple" that has been on the Bears? You don't think Jay Cutler had some mental issues? The arrogance on that guy and grin that he had after games use to set me off!

gilder121

Donator
Liked Posts:

I see the difference. I guess Brandon Marshall has borderline personality disorder? Yes, that is different. I don't have that. You are right, you can't excuse criminal behavior. But you really think he is the only "bad apple" that has been on the Bears? You don't think Jay Cutler had some mental issues? The arrogance on that guy and grin that he had after games use to set me off!

It's funny, you still hear guys like Hub talk about how Jay was not disliked in the locker room.

Then you get the actual guys from the locker room in no uncertain terms saying they hated Jay.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CHIBears/comments/8ezrmg/lamarr_houston_twitch_clips_talking_about_jay_and/

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man some really sour ppl in here. Get over yourselves.

I hope Marshall does well and plays in a playoff game.

gilder121

Donator
Liked Posts:
Man some really sour ppl in here. Get over yourselves.

I hope Marshall does well and plays in a playoff game.

Meh, certain things I don't look past. Hopefully you have your values as well.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Brandon Marshall was a terrificly talented receiver and I would not hesitate to call him the most talented the WR have had.

He worked hard at blocking and was among the very best, and he mentored younger WRs and I appreciated his efforts.

I have little use for a guy who destroys a team with selfishness, however. And when every team you have ever been a part of releases you while they are in need of a WR, it speaks volumes.

And, no, this thread is not about Cutler.