How can the Cubs be considered chokers?

loydchase

Liked Posts:
Considering that since 1945, the Chicago Cubs have never really had the opportunity to even choke. Once in a blue moon they make the playoffs only to have early exits. The difference between a Choker and a Loser is the fact that the Choker has the game won and manages to lose. Since 1945, the Cubs have done absolutely nothing but lose.

The Cubs are LOSERS, why do people insist on calling them chokers?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Weird post honestly.

Every year only 1 team wins a World Series. So technically every year there are 29 losers.

This year they were hit by injury and that kept them from running away in the NL. They won 95 games with out their big investment pitcher. Their 2nd invested sucked ass. Their MVP was lost. Closer missed 1/2 a season. And in spite of that other stepped up and pushed 95 wins.

Honestly your post is ignorant at best. You are just trolling and viewing it with a child mindset.

But in regards to the 1 game eliminated. Losing Jake was impactful there. Hendricks IMO has that ability to push to the next level.

After watching Bosox and their 3 pitcher ending popping 100 MPH trying to steal Joe Kelly is very tempting.
End of the day the Cubs lost Morrow and Strop. That factored heavy.

Thus I feel that targeting a 3rd head of the hydra will be the top priority. Joe Kelly might be a sleeper. Britton would push Morrow back to set up. Either would be an improvement.

So if there is any choking going on it was Theo signing bad deals or the Rickett’s placing a border to spendings. The players exceeded this year.

A good response to this off would be to eat Kintzler and Duesing and write it off. Then sign Miller and insert Alozay as a cash relief. He needs to start out in the pen first. Chavez did a great job but at his age it would be another bad deal like the ones that Theo has been doing.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
Weird post honestly.

Every year only 1 team wins a World Series. So technically every year there are 29 losers.

This year they were hit by injury and that kept them from running away in the NL. They won 95 games with out their big investment pitcher. Their 2nd invested sucked ass. Their MVP was lost. Closer missed 1/2 a season. And in spite of that other stepped up and pushed 95 wins.

Honestly your post is ignorant at best. You are just trolling and viewing it with a child mindset.

But in regards to the 1 game eliminated. Losing Jake was impactful there. Hendricks IMO has that ability to push to the next level.

After watching Bosox and their 3 pitcher ending popping 100 MPH trying to steal Joe Kelly is very tempting.
End of the day the Cubs lost Morrow and Strop. That factored heavy.

Thus I feel that targeting a 3rd head of the hydra will be the top priority. Joe Kelly might be a sleeper. Britton would push Morrow back to set up. Either would be an improvement.

So if there is any choking going on it was Theo signing bad deals or the Rickett’s placing a border to spendings. The players exceeded this year.

A good response to this off would be to eat Kintzler and Duesing and write it off. Then sign Miller and insert Alozay as a cash relief. He needs to start out in the pen first. Chavez did a great job but at his age it would be another bad deal like the ones that Theo has been doing.

You focus too much on regular season wins. Those wins are meaningless, absolutely meaningless.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yes, because you dont have to win a certain amount of games to get to the playoffs.

He is kinda right. You need to win play off games. Right now I see the Cubs having 5 #2 starters and a closer that most likely ends up injured again. So having 5 #2 is great in season. At play off time you just hope your 3-4 are better than theirs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So say you win 95 regular season games and 0 playoff games. Is that something to be proud of?

Winning the division fixes the 1 and done. Any team can lose a 1 game elimination

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They actually lost 2 1 game eliminations.

They had Jake before. Like I said. They have a bunch of #2 starters. 1 game normally will be the ace.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
They had Jake before. Like I said. They have a bunch of #2 starters. 1 game normally will be the ace.

You're going to blame the pitching for losing the divisional tiebreaker and the wild card game? When you score 2 runs in 22 innings, and you assign blame on the pitchers, you really must have a warped sense of reality.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're going to blame the pitching for losing the divisional tiebreaker and the wild card game? When you score 2 runs in 22 innings, and you assign blame on the pitchers, you really must have a warped sense of reality.

You dont have e coli yet?

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Cubs lost after they lost the division. They are not built to win a 1 game. They are built to rotate players to keep them fresh Injury was the reason why they failed. You lose Bryant it effects production. Murphy was a nice band aid but he is not a ideal lead off. Add to it the line up failed in the 2nd half. The splits are staggering. Their swings were leveled and the ground ball outs rose. That is kinda reality.

The talent is there. They are young and are listening to their hitting coach and it was a poor result.

Sad part is this was supposed to be a strength. 2 new voices....

That is where it starts. Get the talent correct again. Making changes only if it makes sense. They need a lead off and that may take a change. But that makes sense.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So say you win 95 regular season games and 0 playoff games. Is that something to be proud of?

So, you are deflecting. Do you not have to win a certain amount of game to make the playoffs? According to your obtuse stance, it doesn’t matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
So, you are deflecting. Do you not have to win a certain amount of game to make the playoffs? According to your obtuse stance, it doesn’t matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're playing semantics rather than addressing the point I'm getting at.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You're playing semantics rather than addressing the point I'm getting at.

Boston had a 130+ M payroll. Rest of the teams were focusing on resetting the tax. Teams were hand cuffed going in. Cubs have always played the under the tax game. I doubt this will change.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
You focus too much on regular season wins. Those wins are meaningless, absolutely meaningless.

So meaningless, that had we won one or two more games, we never would've had to be in the tie break or WC game... Straight to the LDS and who knows what coulda happened.

I'm mostly bummed that instead of being a dynasty, we look like a team who just had one great year that worked out in the Cubs favor all season.