CBS Sportsline supercomputer lock of the week

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CBS Sportsline has a supercomputer that runs 10,000 simulations of each weeks game. The team that wins the most games that week is their lock of the week. This week the Bears are their lock of the week. What helps the Bears this week is the fact 6 teams are on a bye and there really aren't many big favorites but it still is interesting that they have the Bears as their lock. I'm not saying this means much but I find it a little interesting.

Here are a couple stats for their computer similation:
176-80 straight up over the past 2 years, that puts their computer in the 95 percentile for all CBS Sports Office Pool entries.
They performed better than 98% of the experts tracked by NFLPickWatch.com
They went 48-34 on A-rated picks against the spread last year which is amazing.
So far this year they are 10-0 with their lock of the week picks.

What makes this more interesting is they run their sims on Tuesday without taking into account injury status for the upcoming week. They only use previous weeks data for their projection.

I thought this was interesting and wanted to share, not saying it means that much but I wonder what it sees in the Bears to make them such heavy favorites this week.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Are you sure this "lock" isn't a week late?

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is an excerpt from the article:

One of the top Week 11 NFL picks the model loves: the Bears (-2.5) cover at home against the Vikings.

Several trends point strongly toward Chicago in this matchup. The Bears have covered in three straight games, are 4-1 against the spread at home and 5-2 against the spread as favorites. Minnesota is a dismal 28th in the league in rushing, averaging just 91.7 yards.

According to the model, Chicago's second-ranked rush defense holds Minnesota's backs to well under 100 yards as the Bears cover in over 55 percent of simulations. That dominant defensive performance also helps the Under (44.5) hit 55 percent of the time.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Well, if SKYNET says it...who am I to argue?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is an excerpt from the article:

One of the top Week 11 NFL picks the model loves: the Bears (-2.5) cover at home against the Vikings.

Several trends point strongly toward Chicago in this matchup. The Bears have covered in three straight games, are 4-1 against the spread at home and 5-2 against the spread as favorites. Minnesota is a dismal 28th in the league in rushing, averaging just 91.7 yards.

According to the model, Chicago's second-ranked rush defense holds Minnesota's backs to well under 100 yards as the Bears cover in over 55 percent of simulations. That dominant defensive performance also helps the Under (44.5) hit 55 percent of the time.

why the fuck don't you just link it

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If th Bears are the lock of the week, it's a good week to not bet.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I like our chances. The team knows this is the most important game of the season, and this defense will be out for blood. I'm anticipating a low-scoring defensive slobberknocker type game

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
They only use previous weeks data for their projection.
I wonder if they only use data from this year? I would assume not, but maybe they exponent recent data.

I don't know what info they use, but I wonder if they have player attributes and it plays like computer vs computer in a Madden game? :) It's probably all stat numbers though. Anyone know?

10-0 lock of the week is impressive; and 176-80 straight up is impressive too. wonder how they pick their lock of the week, Bears/Viks sounds like an iffy game to choose.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
CBS sportsline supercomputer pictured here

a70abe5a-a289-4a0e-b41b-2f2eb9931221_1.4e2d5c4ba972bf76822a96b8ed8e8375.jpeg

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CBS Sportsline has a supercomputer that runs 10,000 simulations of each weeks game. The team that wins the most games that week is their lock of the week. This week the Bears are their lock of the week. What helps the Bears this week is the fact 6 teams are on a bye and there really aren't many big favorites but it still is interesting that they have the Bears as their lock. I'm not saying this means much but I find it a little interesting.

Here are a couple stats for their computer similation:
176-80 straight up over the past 2 years, that puts their computer in the 95 percentile for all CBS Sports Office Pool entries.
They performed better than 98% of the experts tracked by NFLPickWatch.com
They went 48-34 on A-rated picks against the spread last year which is amazing.
So far this year they are 10-0 with their lock of the week picks.

What makes this more interesting is they run their sims on Tuesday without taking into account injury status for the upcoming week. They only use previous weeks data for their projection.

I thought this was interesting and wanted to share, not saying it means that much but I wonder what it sees in the Bears to make them such heavy favorites this week.
10-1 come Monday

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
If a team is gonna break that 10-0 streak it's my beloved Chicago Bears.
Hoping for 11-0
Preparing for 10-1

Prison_Mike

Liked Posts:
But Colin Cowherd said the Bears will lose. Computer is wrong.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk