Every time i start to believe in Mitch

jc456

Liked Posts:
He does dumb shit. Nice Ints champ. Thank the lord he's mobile. Now Im not saying everything he did was bad tonight, because it wasnt. Howev, the triple fucking coverage INT was one of the worst decisions Ive seen Mitch make. Fucking one read and flee Mitchell.

That shit isnt going to fly against the saints in the playoffs.

Dude, that first interception I'll take every game. That ball was right on the fking money. The defender made a play. Period. It was the equivalent of a punt too. I actually thought it was a good read. Again, only an outstanding play by the defender kept that from being a completion.

The second one was an anticipation read. Wrongly. That one he needs to remember, don't throw that one.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Fuck yous and STFUs?

I mentioned this shit last week and got dislike trained. One guy even responded with, its not like mitch throws INTs left and right. Well bitch, 2 more, plus a couple of should've beens. Luckily that pick 6 was dropped. 16 INTs in 22 games.

It has become quite obvious that if Mitchells first read isnt there, he fucked the majority of the time. Like i said though, thank god he is mobile and will run a tad. If he wasnt able to do this, the INTs would be even worse and the Bears would truly be fucked.

Mitch is a watered down lesser version of Colin Kaepernick atm, or a slightly better Tebow. Can you win games with that, sure. SBs? nah. Colin came close to a SB title, but he was also better than Mitch currently is in ways.

Like I said, Mitch wasnt completely bad last night, but he'll get further exposed once the playoffs starts. I dont doubt him to the point where i think the Bears will choke and miss the playoffs, its just I dont see much hope in the playoffs. As good as the D is, Mitch is going to have to step up or all will be lost once the playoffs come around.

Nagy should get coach of the decade, because he has schemed nearly all of Mitchells completions. The reason the offense stalls, is because if the first read is not schemed open, Mitch is more than likely not going to do much passing wise. AND if they are facing a quality D who will adjust, its not going to be good for stretches.

yes, the worst throw of the day was the dropped int that would have been a pick six. That was a terrible throw. Trrble.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He does dumb shit. Nice Ints champ. Thank the lord he's mobile. Now Im not saying everything he did was bad tonight, because it wasnt. Howev, the triple fucking coverage INT was one of the worst decisions Ive seen Mitch make. Fucking one read and flee Mitchell.

That shit isnt going to fly against the saints in the playoffs.

1. Every QB throws bad read interceptions. You want to see worse interceptions just look at what Kirk threw up.

-The first pick was a dime of a pass that Harris made a nice play on. Probably should not throw that to Gabriel, if that is Robinson I doubt it it picked.

-The 2nd one Robinson gets rag dolled. Mitch should not have thrown it, but hard to expect that your WR is going to get disciplined like a child by MacKensie Alexander.

2. One read and run was a product of playing the Vikings. You cannot stand there against that front.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky doesn't turn the ball over a lot and the picks were not something I'm overly concerned about. The bigger issue in the playoffs will be making sure the offense doesn't stall for entire halves it did in the second half yesterday. One offensive TD isn't going to keep up with Brees. That said, the Vikings have a tough defense and their DBs were airtight in coverage, and the Bears still managed to win a big game.

Nagy needs to realize when defenses have Cohen sniffed out on these outside runs. There are a handful of 3-5 yard losses a game on these plays that hurt drives.

There were 2 plays that I think really bogged down the offense.

-The 36 yard screen pass to Burton that was called back and because 1st and 20. That seemed to suck the wind out of the sails.

-The back shoulder throw to Robinson that hit him in the ass that he did not see and comeback to. Would have been 30 yards.

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:
There were 2 plays that I think really bogged down the offense.

-The back shoulder throw to Robinson that hit him in the ass that he did not see and comeback to. Would have been 30 yards.

I think you meant his heel. It wasnt the greatest back shoulder throw, but is was catchable or 50/50 acceptable considering ARs ball skill abilities. Plus it was a decent read, Im not going to hate on Mitch for making that read and giving his guy that opportunity in a 1v1. IIRC, i thought i saw AR flinch like he got blinded by the lights momentarily.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
His first pick was a very accurately thrown ball that was very tough to pick off. The decision wasn't great with all the defenders there but credit the DB for making a hell of a play on that and actually securing the ball. It was a pretty deep pass too so it more or less functioned like a short punt.

The second one looked like a mis-communication with the receiver. We can't tell for sure who was more at fault there, but sure, give him a little ding there.

The game was in hand early so we didn't go nuts with anything, and the Vikings defense is quite good and were healthier coming off a bye. Credit where credit is due. At least we won without Mitch having one of his better days, which is a lot better than losing.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Vikings D and Zimmer are no joke. Most knew going into this game Trubisky would struggle. Even the very good seasoned QBs do. Minny had hit its stride recently.

I like how Trubisky hung in there and kept his composure. He didn't let the turnovers wreck his game or attitude. He did what we needed him to do to score the points we did, run the clock, get first downs, and move the chains on 3rd down. Every time the announcers said "this is what the Vikings D is best at", Trubisky made a play. It was great to see.

This was a test, and it shows he still has some growing to do. We all knew that, but the arrow is pointing way up.

Robinson played like someone just told him his mom died. Not sure what his problem was and I've seen it multiple times this year. None of that extra effort he's shown at other times.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Fuck yous and STFUs?

I mentioned this shit last week and got dislike trained. One guy even responded with, its not like mitch throws INTs left and right. Well bitch, 2 more, plus a couple of should've beens. Luckily that pick 6 was dropped. 16 INTs in 22 games.

So having a game with two picks is tossing INT's left and right? How many did he have last week? He's got over a 2-1 TD-INT ratio plus 3 rushing TD's. Holy fuck you're an idiot.

A couple should've beens? Bitch, get the fuck out of here with that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dude, that first interception I'll take every game. That ball was right on the fking money. The defender made a play. Period. It was the equivalent of a punt too. I actually thought it was a good read. Again, only an outstanding play by the defender kept that from being a completion.

The second one was an anticipation read. Wrongly. That one he needs to remember, don't throw that one.

Umm no, it doesn't matter how pretty a throw looks when you throwing it into triple coverage while Cohen is wide open underneath. That is a Cutleresque throw trusting your arm too much.

1. Every QB throws bad read interceptions. You want to see worse interceptions just look at what Kirk threw up.

-The first pick was a dime of a pass that Harris made a nice play on. Probably should not throw that to Gabriel, if that is Robinson I doubt it it picked.

-The 2nd one Robinson gets rag dolled. Mitch should not have thrown it, but hard to expect that your WR is going to get disciplined like a child by MacKensie Alexander.

2. One read and run was a product of playing the Vikings. You cannot stand there against that front.

Umm, if no effort ARob got rag dolled on one play and then didn't try on another deep pass, what makes you think he tries to make that catch in triple coverage? If he goes up and beats the S to the ball, he probably gets his head taken off.

Again, pretty pass or not, it was a stupid throw that puts your WR in an impossible position. It either gets picked or your WR gets destroyed. The only thing that stopped Gabs from getting his head taken off is the fact he is short and the S made a play on the play instead of trying to decapitate him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Vikings are 7th in passing defense. The Saints are 27th in passing defense. Absolutely this stuff will fly against the Saints. When we play the Saints in the playoffs, it won't be about Mitch scoring on them. It will be whether or not our defense can stop Brees and Kamara.

That Saints defense is starting to get it together though. The run defense has been good but it seems like the pass defense is starting to get it together as well after pretty much shutting down that Eagles offense which as we know is much like ours and they have a better QB then we have. I think that Eli Apple is starting to get adjusted to his players and that system and might end up being another great trade for the Saints.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trubisky doesn't turn the ball over a lot and the picks were not something I'm overly concerned about. The bigger issue in the playoffs will be making sure the offense doesn't stall for entire halves it did in the second half yesterday. One offensive TD isn't going to keep up with Brees. That said, the Vikings have a tough defense and their DBs were airtight in coverage, and the Bears still managed to win a big game.

Nagy needs to realize when defenses have Cohen sniffed out on these outside runs. There are a handful of 3-5 yard losses a game on these plays that hurt drives.

This. On balance this was not a good game for Mitch but his accuracy was great today. He made some bad decisions against a great D. Decision making is important but his MO has not been a lot of bad choices for someone with his experience. That his accuracy is getting more consistent as he becomes more comfortable is encouraging. I view the rest of that game as the type of learning experience he'll need to advance. No one though that his road would not have some bumps.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That Saints defense is starting to get it together though. The run defense has been good but it seems like the pass defense is starting to get it together as well after pretty much shutting down that Eagles offense which as we know is much like ours and they have a better QB then we have. I think that Eli Apple is starting to get adjusted to his players and that system and might end up being another great trade for the Saints.

The key to the Saints defense is to be balanced. If you can keep it close and have an efficient ground game, they can't key in on the pass. Do that and they show their true colors. Philly is a mess offensively and their offensive line is a shell of what they were last year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a side note, when the Saints played Minny 3 weeks ago this was Brees' stat line...

18/23 1 TD and 1 INT 164 yards

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The key to the Saints defense is to be balanced. If you can keep it close and have an efficient ground game, they can't key in on the pass. Do that and they show their true colors. Philly is a mess offensively and their offensive line is a shell of what they were last year.

The problem will be keeping it close cause no matter how good a defense is Drew Brees is gonna score on that defense especially when he's playing at home where he's just unbelievable. We play the Rams in like 3 weeks but i'm pretty sure that game is in Chicago so it will be a good test for our defense to go against that S.McVay offense.

ChadKelly

Liked Posts:
So having a game with two picks is tossing INT's left and right?

Technically, one was left of the left hash and the other was right of that. SO, left and right? Yeah!!! It could have been left, right and center if the pick 6 wasn't dropped.

So, did mitch just throw 2 more ints after you implied he doesnt really throw them?

Its not even the fact that he throws INTs, its how bad the INTs are. Triple coverage, and a sailed and missed curl. If those two were true 1v1 50/50s i wouldnt say much.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
As a side note, when the Saints played Minny 3 weeks ago this was Brees' stat line...

With a rating of eighty something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He had 120 yards not 164. However, 84.8 rating > 61.9 rating that Trubs had. Chalk that up as another instance of Trubs underperforming against a top D.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Technically, one was left of the left hash and the other was right of that. SO, left and right? Yeah!!! It could have been left, right and center if the pick 6 wasn't dropped.

So, did mitch just throw 2 more ints after you implied he doesnt really throw them?

Its not even the fact that he throws INTs, its how bad the INTs are. triple coverage, and a sailed and missed curl. If those two were true 1v1 50/50s i wouldnt say much.

Did I truly imply he doesn't throw them at all? I'm pretty sure what I was implying was that he wasn't tossing them all the time (7 in 9 games). He just played the best defense he's played against all year. If you didn't think he was going to have issues with a team Drew Brees did, then you're delusional.

That pass to Gabriel was right on the money. The problem with that pass wasn't where it was placed as it was as perfect a throw he could make there, it's that Gabriel isn't a guy who's going to go up and fight for a ball in traffic. Miller catches that ball, Gabriel does not. The second pick was the worst throw he had all night. It happens.

The pick 6 that was dropped? You mean the one that hit Robinson in the hands and was an almost completion?