Thoughts and Observations: Week 10 Vikings

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Bears still need a pass rushing olb and better consistent play from our ilbs. Its amazing how invisible our safeties are most of the time... Offensively we still need help at guard daniels and whitehair and leno are going to be around along time, its that right side that has alot of question marks and running back has some question marks too except Cohen.i hope shaheen stops getting injured he can be a very good piece for us.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears still need a pass rushing olb and better consistent play from our ilbs. Its amazing how invisible our safeties are most of the time... Offensively we still need help at guard daniels and whitehair and leno are going to be around along time, its that right side that has alot of question marks and running back has some question marks too except Cohen.i hope shaheen stops getting injured he can be a very good piece for us.

Invisible safeties are the best kind. Means we are dominating the game.

I am fine if the only time we hear of Jackson and Amos they are picking a pass off and housing it.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
This is just funny, so putting it here:

Bill Zimmerman‏ @ZimmermanSXM · 2h2 hours ago

Only other time I've seen someone so dominate with their left hand...

DsYEl_YW0AIu8Me.jpg

DsYEn9GXcAI1vY9.jpg

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Invisible safeties are the best kind. Means we are dominating the game.

I am fine if the only time we hear of Jackson and Amos they are picking a pass off and housing it.
I know thats why i said it's amazing

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
HNVayAd.jpg
attachment.php

This shit had me cracking up :lmao:

Attachments

• LOLOLOL.jpg
    LOLOLOL.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 153

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just happy we have Mitch and not Cousins.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Floyd has played his role well, he was setting the edge in the run game and his pursuit from the back side was impressive.

I think we need to accept that his role in the pass rush is complimentary and opportunistic. Vic likes him to cover the flats, set the edge and pursue, and he has done well.

baredown

Liked Posts:
-Matt Nagy is a stud. He is a better/more creative play caller than Mike McCarthy and does not have the game day management/game costing screw ups.

Nagy's decision to go for 2 after the Jackson pick-6 was an extremely poor one. Up by 14 with 8 minutes to go in the game, you don't even think about going for 2. You kick the PAT, and force the other team to not only score two TDs, but make a 2-point conversion as well. Yeah, it worked out OK because they made the 2-point conversion, but that's not sound rationale for going for it in the first place. This isn't a rant against Nagy, only an observation that he's still learning in terms of in-game decisions. In a sense, he's like Trubisky, learning on the job and making some mistakes in that process. I just hope he's being honest in his post-mortum assessments of his own decisions...

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Last night I know that Mack got the game ball from NBC, but I thought Hicks was an animal last night. I could almost hear "This is my kinda party" from the entire defense last night, they seem to be feeding off one another!!

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Last night I know that Mack got the game ball from NBC, but I thought Hicks was an animal last night. I could almost hear "This is my kinda party" from the entire defense last night, they seem to be feeding off one another!!

I thought the whole Singletary pre-game angle was forced and completely unnecessary.

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
Nagy's decision to go for 2 after the Jackson pick-6 was an extremely poor one. Up by 14 with 8 minutes to go in the game, you don't even think about going for 2. You kick the PAT, and force the other team to not only score two TDs, but make a 2-point conversion as well. Yeah, it worked out OK because they made the 2-point conversion, but that's not sound rationale for going for it in the first place. This isn't a rant against Nagy, only an observation that he's still learning in terms of in-game decisions. In a sense, he's like Trubisky, learning on the job and making some mistakes in that process. I just hope he's being honest in his post-mortum assessments of his own decisions...

Given that Parkey missed two PATs last week, I think the 2 point conversions were more based on "this is more likely to work" than "man, two points would be nice".

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
This is just funny, so putting it here:

Bill Zimmerman‏ @ZimmermanSXM · 2h2 hours ago

Only other time I've seen someone so dominate with their left hand...

Luke, I am your father.
DsYEn9GXcAI1vY9.jpg

Reiff, who´s your daddy?
DsYEl_YW0AIu8Me.jpg

]
See above

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

But they converted for 2. How could it be a poor decision when it worked? The only thing I can think of is saying it's not wise to trust Shaheen in winning a fade route with a CB on him, except Shaheen beat the corner for the conversion so maybe they knew a matchup that works will work? I loved it. Get on Nagy for throwing on 3rd down, stopping the clock, and burning a timeout when it's 4th down because he clearly wasn't sure what he was going to do and he should have known sooner to keep the last timeout in case. But going for 2? Nah.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
But they converted for 2. How could it be a poor decision when it worked? The only thing I can think of is saying it's not wise to trust Shaheen in winning a fade route with a CB on him, except Shaheen beat the corner for the conversion so maybe they knew a matchup that works will work? I loved it. Get on Nagy for throwing on 3rd down, stopping the clock, and burning a timeout when it's 4th down because he clearly wasn't sure what he was going to do and he should have known sooner to keep the last timeout in case. But going for 2? Nah.

It can still be a poor decision even if it worked. Just like a pass can be a bad pass even though the WR catches it. Sometimes things work out regardless. The decisions really comes down to risk vs. reward. You have to weigh the negative result vs the positive result.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
It can still be a poor decision even if it worked. Just like a pass can be a bad pass even though the WR catches it. Sometimes things work out regardless. The decisions really comes down to risk vs. reward. You have to weigh the negative result vs the positive result.

Go for XP: up by 15.

Meaning MIN can win with two scores.

Go for 2: up by 16

MIN has to get two TDs and has to get two 2-pointers just to tie.

Nagy should not be called out here for going for 2.

mecha

Liked Posts:
fail to understand how going for 2 and succeeding could also be bad.

letting the Vikings score that last TD so they could even attempt an onside kick... puzzling. do the Bears let off the gas on defense to minimize chance of injury when they have the lead or something? I'm trying to understand how they flat dominated the Vikings offense the entire game until the last 5 minutes.

as the game progressed I started having Cutler flashbacks every time Trubisky threw. he cleaned up after the 2nd pick, the statline shows a mediocre performance, but he had just enough muscle to overtake one of the best units in the league. was a pretty thrilling game to watch. curious how the 2nd game pans out @Minnesota, and the Rams game.

baredown

Liked Posts:

Given that Parkey missed two PATs last week, I think the 2 point conversions were more based on "this is more likely to work" than "man, two points would be nice".

I think you need to separate the two 2-point conversion attempts. Nagy said at the post-game presser that the Bears had prepared some things they thought would work with 2-point conversions against Minny. Zero argument with trying the two point conversion on the first half TD. But the Jackson pick-6 TD put the Bears up 14 with ~8 minutes to go. At that point, end-of-game management should be kicking in. You've got a two TD lead, and a dominating defense. I doubt any other NFL HC goes for 2 in that situation. They'd kick the PAT to get the 15 pt lead, and then start nursing it. I suspect Nagy went for 2 simply because the Bears game-planned for several two-point conversions, when he should have been thinking end-game at that point...

I also doubt Parkey's two missed PATs against Detroit had any influence on Nagy's two-point conversion decisions. Parkey is an established NFL kicker. While NFL coaches get rid of bad & inconsistent kickers, they don't bail on reliable kickers who have had a bad day the previous week...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah I was pretty indifferent to the move. Could really make the argument either way and with a kicker you were not that confident in, I understand why they went for it.

Lest we forget, Nagy took a long time just to send Parkey out there for a 48 yarder which is a no brainer in most cases so it was obvious he wasn't 100% confident in his kicker.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Think about it. Down by 15, the Vikings need two TDs and a 2 pt conversion to tie (they wouldn’t play for the win). This still is hard to do. If the Bears fail for the 2 pt conversion, Vikings only need two conventional TDs to tie.