Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Didn't Jackson return kicks or punts a few times in college? If my memory is serving me right, that must be key to his successes after the interception. He sets up his blockers so well on returns, and knows how to position his body to shed poor tackles very well.

Jackson may be my favorite of Pace's picks. If I get to take one offense and one defensive pick, right now my favorites are Jackson and Miller. They are going to be putting up big highlight plays for us for years.

Mr.Anderson

Liked Posts:
I always enjoy your write ups after games, Windy! Thank you as usual.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Here's Brad Bigg's take on the 2pt conversions:

"That’s how Nagy explained it after the game as well. He went for two in another non-traditional spot after Eddie Jackson’s interception return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter. The score put the Bears ahead 20-6; an extra point there would have meant a 15-point lead which would have forced the Vikings to score two touchdowns, get one two-point conversion and an extra point to tie the game. Nagy went for two – which isn’t what the chart recommends – as Trubisky hit tight end Adam Shaheen for the conversion and a 16-point lead. Again, Nagy was aggressive and it worked."

Gregg Easterbrook is going to love talking about this game. I've been following TMQ after it left ESPN page 2. I love this aggression.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have no issue with going for 2 early.

-Make it, and the Vikings have screwed up math all game to deal with.

-Miss it, you have all game to figure it out.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Coaches do in fact go for the win on a 2 point conversion...it happens a lot more often than never...

I thought Chico's move was a "Wanny Moment" citing he was going for the win. Detroit had over a minute and 2 time outs and a strong legged kicker....no matter what Riviera does they are still gonna need a defensive stop whether you have the lead or not. You tie it and they have to play....you don't, they take a knee. If they don't recover from this it could be his swan song in Carolina. If memory serves, I believe Wanny got canned in the off season after his same boneheaded move vs the Packers.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
If Mitch couldn't see passed his first read Burton, Miller, Gabriel, & Cohen would not have all the yards they do. And it's usually one of them that converts a 3rd.
Mitch is doing just fine. And the longer he runs this O the better he will get.

Facing defenses like the Vikes & soon the Rams are exactly what he needs to grow. Those D's challenge any QB & if that's the worst Mitch plays against them then the horizon is bright.

The Rams D is bad. I expect the Bears to win that one.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I thought he was way better in his reads than earlier in the season, even against a ferocious pass rush.

I am going to rewatch the game tomorrow or Wednesday, but a couple of screen shots that Cian Fahey tweeted out showed no one open.

That happens against good defenses. Luckily our QB can run when that happens.

This Viking Defense held Drew Brees to 120 yards on 23 attempts and picked him off, too.

They're pretty darned good. They took a Case Keenum led offense to the NFC Championship a year ago.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Great win. I thought Nagy coached a great game, especially the way he handled Parkey.

My only criticism is he went away from Jordan Howard who was running well. Nagy has a tendency to attack the perimeter too much and stall the offense when he has the lead.

I thought the Vikes were very physical in coverage. Hopefully we learn from that. I think there’s a lot Trubs can take away from playing that defense.

Our defense was simply dominant. Just need to close the door better in garbage time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every week Jordan Howard averages 3.5 YPC or less. Every week Nagy gets criticized for not running him enough. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Against that team, I though Howard did OK. But to criticize the coach for "getting away from" hm when "he was running well" really isn't accurate. Again.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree on Miller. He's going to be great.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Odds are the you come away with more overall points if you go for 2 every time. I wouldn't doubt that Nagy decided all TDs were going to go for 2pt converts unless it was a game winner extra point.

Oh I know but Nagy just decided to employ the strategy after his kicker hit the upright 4 times so I think the timing is obvious. Fact is going for 2 as well as going for it on 4th down is statistically the right move in most situations but NFL coaches value job security so they will make the safe call that protects their job most of the time.

While teams have gone for two 59 times, they’ve kicked 528 times this year, making 501 (95 percent). Had they gone for two each time and made them at the aforementioned 58 percent rate, they would have scored 107 more points than they had by kicking.

http://www.startribune.com/should-nfl-teams-go-for-two-point-conversions-more-often/498799021/