4th quarter

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh I know and I hate it. I prefer the step on their necks method. I'd rather have our D jam guys at the line than give them a 10 yard cushion. All that did was let them get chunk yardage plays and score.
Same here. And in my opinion we didn't have enough of a lead to play prevent. At least not enough for my comfort. It ended up working out, but one of these times it might bite us in the ass. I would prefer just letting the defense continue to do their thing.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
4th quarter collapses al the same. Even gave up a lot to the lowly Lions last week. It’s a problem that needs to be fixed if they wish to compete with the very best teams, or even the better than Lions or Vikings teams for that matter.

In general, I agree. I just think they improved from those 2 games in that regard. Keep them in bounds and a 1 minute TD becomes a 3 minute TD and there is no onside kick even if they even score.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
troll gonna troll

Don’t think you even know what that word means. You just say it cause it’s what dummies say when they don’t have a response. If you don’t think Bears have a tendency to fall apart in the 4th quarter, you just haven’t been paying attention.

mecha

Liked Posts:
ok, I can understand the clock thing. that's a perspective I never really took into account with the bend but don't break defense or let them use up clock. another way to look at it is let's say the Bears squashed them after a drive of say 2 minutes, the Bears get the ball back, and Trubisky throws an interception or someone fumbles and either get returned for a touchdown. it's still another 6-8 point turn in favor of the other team, much the same as letting them go down the field and do the same thing, just leaving more time on the board to allow the other team other potential opportunities to score.

in that sense, the plan was brilliant. or you let the other team score and you're inside the 2 minute mark, and you've forced them to burn their timeouts, as happened last night, you can kneel it out then to win the game. (after letting their drive take a lot of time off, that is)

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears have given up 195 points this season.

28 in the 1st (2.8 per game)
30 in the 2nd (3.0 per game)
28 in the 3rd (2.8 per game)
109 in the 4th (10.9 per game)
19.5 per game total

Wonder what those numbers are for offense. Too lazy to look up

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
So what is it? Lack of stamina? Conservative coaching? Prevent (As in prevent defense)? Lack of adjustments?

It is not hard to find the most glaring weakness with this Bears team. It is their horrid play in the 4th quarter. 11 weeks in and their much ballyhooed HC still seemingly has no answer for what’s been plaguing this team from week 1. Makes me think the problem is him.

... They forced Minn to use 5:30 of the remaining 8:30 to get the first score. ...
I don't disagree with you, TL1961. It was Prevent D and it worked. But before the Jackson pick-6, we saw the Viks get back into the game. And in the 4th, with a successful onsidekick they did have a chance to win the game.

To Spartan's question... yes, I think part of it was stamina on the starting Front-7. In the forth, I think Nagy needed more rotation. A fresh 4th Qtr Nichols, RRH, Bullard, Lynch have made some great plays. Let Hicks, Mack and Goldman catch their breath more often.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's the prevent defense. We continue to sacrifice yardage for time instead of just playing the defense that shut down Minny the first 3 quarters.

It wasn’t gonna work out if you didn’t see. They were giving up points rapidly and the pick 6 saved them from certain defeat cause really the offense didn’t have much going on the 2nd half.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So what is it? Lack of stamina? Conservative coaching? Prevent (As in prevent defense)? Lack of adjustments?

It is not hard to find the most glaring weakness with this Bears team. It is their horrid play in the 4th quarter. 11 weeks in and their much ballyhooed HC still seemingly has no answer for what’s been plaguing this team from week 1. Makes me think the problem is him.
Green bay game it was stamina and conservative coaching.

Miami game it was the heat

Minny and Detroit - prevent

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It wasn’t gonna work out if you didn’t see. They were giving up points rapidly and the pick 6 saved them from certain defeat cause really the offense didn’t have much going on the 2nd half.

The Bears offense had back to back turnovers where the Vikings were already in FG range and both times the Bears held them to a FG.

In a hypothetical situation where it was a 1 score game and the Vikings had the ball, I was confident they were not finding the endzone.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
4 of those teams we beat were getting killed...in the 4th, we let up and they scored some. Only 2 games I saw where we got out matched was last night and GB game. Both dogfights. I dont see any tendencies developing.

cubandabear

BANNED
Liked Posts:

I would take it you are a stat junkie? You want to see the defense tops in stats? It was obvious the Bears let up when they could see that there was no need in exerting themselves......TO "WIN" THE GAME. They have to play again Thursday already!

Didn't get yer stat fix???....that what yer whinin about??...Stat Junkie

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Don’t think you even know what that word means. You just say it cause it’s what dummies say when they don’t have a response. If you don’t think Bears have a tendency to fall apart in the 4th quarter, you just haven’t been paying attention.

"... and their much ballyhooed HC still seemingly has no answer for what’s been plaguing this team from week 1. Makes me think the problem is him. " - Spartan

If you're not trolling, then you're an idiot.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears offense had back to back turnovers where the Vikings were already in FG range and both times the Bears held them to a FG.

In a hypothetical situation where it was a 1 score game and the Vikings had the ball, I was confident they were not finding the endzone.

They did locate it in the 4th and were going to find it again if not for Eddie’s game saving play.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
"... and their much ballyhooed HC still seemingly has no answer for what’s been plaguing this team from week 1. Makes me think the problem is him. " - Spartan

If you're not trolling, then you're an idiot.

He has an answer then? Doesn’t look like it. I’ll do you a favor and bump this thread in December or sooner, when the Bears 4th quarter woes bite them in the ass again.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
He has an answer then? Doesn’t look like it. I’ll do you a favor and bump this thread in December or sooner, when the Bears 4th quarter woes bite them in the ass again.

His answer is to win games, and his team is 7-3. Are you arguing that winning the game is less important than the stats given up in a particular quarter?

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Same here. And in my opinion we didn't have enough of a lead to play prevent. At least not enough for my comfort. It ended up working out, but one of these times it might bite us in the ass. I would prefer just letting the defense continue to do their thing.

Lovie used to do this crap all the time and it drove me insane. They'd dominate the entire game on defense and then 4th quarter prevent comes around and lets them back in the game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would take it you are a stat junkie? You want to see the defense tops in stats? It was obvious the Bears let up when they could see that there was no need in exerting themselves......TO "WIN" THE GAME. They have to play again Thursday already!

Didn't get yer stat fix???....that what yer whinin about??...Stat Junkie

I would take it you haven’t watched the Bears at all this season and witness the many times the offense was shit down and defense became very giving in the 4th. In 2 of those games, they gave too much and that’s just gonna happen again cause it hasn’t been fixed.