4th quarter

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hicks pointed out the defense can get even better. Yeah, thats so horrible!

Now...can you take his advice and better yourself too? ,you are really losing your touch...
Hicks said they've been giving up too many points in the 4th quarter and need to stop it. Damn, I've heard of reading comprehension problems but you can't even comprehend what you hear.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I’m left wondering if you people have watched the Bears at all this year. Their weakness in the 4th quarter has been literally epic. I, for one, am going to have to demand much better.

I'd like to see the Bears be a bit more stingy in the 4th too. I've noticed it too. However, since the Vikings were in hurry-up mode it's tougher to keep up the pressure, especially when you can't sub in fresh legs. Are the 4th qtr woes enough to make you want to get rid of Nagy? I would say a big HELL NO. Let him work through it.

Look, this year none of us had post-season aspirations for this team. They're only starting to hit their stride and I would say the offense still isn't fully installed. Let's say the Bears get into the playoffs and get bounced in the second round. Did they still fall short of your expectations heading into the season or did they far surpass them? I would say they've already surpassed them and the rest is gravy.

Again, while I would like to see a little more defensive pressure in the 4th I'm gonna enjoy every remaining game this season and expect another jump next season.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see the Bears be a bit more stingy in the 4th too. I've noticed it too. However, since the Vikings were in hurry-up mode it's tougher to keep up the pressure, especially when you can't sub in fresh legs. Are the 4th qtr woes enough to make you want to get rid of Nagy? I would say a big HELL NO. Let him work through it.

Look, this year none of us had post-season aspirations for this team. They're only starting to hit their stride and I would say the offense still isn't fully installed. Let's say the Bears get into the playoffs and get bounced in the second round. Did they still fall short of your expectations heading into the season or did they far surpass them? I would say they've already surpassed them and the rest is gravy.

Again, while I would like to see a little more defensive pressure in the 4th I'm gonna enjoy every remaining game this season and expect another jump next season.

We were playing a complete different style of defense when they went to the hurry up. That played a huge factor as well.

Would it work against our regular defense? Guess we will have to wait and find out...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The truth is all I know. Apparently, on the CCS, I'm the only one who can handle it. Hell, I embrace it.
Meh. What you call the truth, I call trying to find fault in absolutely everything. The Bears are pretty good right now. No team in the NFL is perfect, and they are greatly exceeding expectations. But feel free to keep on cunting under what I'm sure you perceive as being the arbiter of truth. You've been doing it for years, why stop now?

Have they been perfect? Absolutely not. But this has been a really enjoyable ride so far, and I'm going to enjoy every single fucking second of it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Can you be gone with that loser talk? Think I'm plenty tired with the soft fans that have been saying not this year but maybe next or 2 years down the road. Why not right now? Look around. You have no more than a handful of real good teams. Perfect time for a team that had been a lesser team to rise up and cause a stir. Why not now?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Hicks said they've been giving up too many points in the 4th quarter and need to stop it. Damn, I've heard of reading comprehension problems but you can't even comprehend what you hear.

Lol...you expect him to be happy about giving up points? If we were up 100-0 and they gave up a td playing prevent, he'd still not be happy. That's a good thing...but not a huge issue.

Fangio calls the defense. And when we are up big, he likes to call a BBDB keep the ball in front of you D. Doesnt matter if wr like it or not, it is what he, and ultimately Nagy, prefer. And as long as we win, it's good enough.

Now...if its a close game and our regular defense gives up several 4tj quarter yes GOING FORWARD (because you like 2 focus on those 2 outliers) THEN we would have a real problem.

But A top player not wanting to give up any points, even though we won a HUGE game? Yeah...not the end of the word, Sportacus...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh. What you call the truth, I call trying to find fault in absolutely everything. The Bears are pretty good right now. No team in the NFL is perfect, and they are greatly exceeding expectations. But feel free to keep on cunting under what I'm sure you perceive as being the arbiter of truth. You've been doing it for years, why stop now?

Not hard to find fault when it's something like this that sticks out like a sore thumb. Look at past SB winners and see how many 4th quarter points they averaged giving up. I can tell you it's much less than the over 10 point the Bears do. Hell, look at any SB participant and you won't find a one. The worst? That would be Atlanta, by far, and what happened to them in the SB? I 'member, do you?

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Can you be gone with that loser talk? Think I'm plenty tired with the soft fans that have been saying not this year but maybe next or 2 years down the road. Why not right now? Look around. You have no more than a handful of real good teams. Perfect time for a team that had been a lesser team to rise up and cause a stir. Why not now?

Loser talk? How about realistic talk? Weren't you one of those complaining since day one about how Pace was crap and not sold on Nagy or Trubisky? Now, all three have the Bears in position to compete for a division championship in year 1 of the new regime? I want the Bears to go as far as they can THIS YEAR, but I'm not stupid enough to think they'll win the SB this year. If it happens...GREAT! You'll be the one crying for Pace or Nagy's head if they don't win it all this year after predicting an 8-8 finish or worse.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not hard to find fault when it's something like this that sticks out like a sore thumb. Look at past SB winners and see how many 4th quarter points they averaged giving up. I can tell you it's much less than the over 10 point the Bears do. Hell, look at any SB participant and you won't find a one. The worst? That would be Atlanta, by far, and what happened to them in the SB? I 'member, do you?
I don't know if it's strategy, or them being gassed, either way I don't like it either as mentioned way earlier in this thread. But honestly, I don't even care right now. They are way better than I thought they would be, and I am just happy to have watchable football again. I don't think this year is our year. It could happen, but I'm really eyeing next season as the point when we get it done. Right now I'm just trying to soak up the enjoyment of seeing a really competitive team, and am encouraged about the future of the franchise.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Miller, Jackson and Hicks. That is all. Need these other overpaid bums to pull up their boot straps and stop being so soft.

Mack had another ff and a sack...he earned some warrior stars too.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Loser talk? How about realistic talk? Weren't you one of those complaining since day one about how Pace was crap and not sold on Nagy or Trubisky? Now, all three have the Bears in position to compete for a division championship in year 1 of the new regime? I want the Bears to go as far as they can THIS YEAR, but I'm not stupid enough to think they'll win the SB this year. If it happens...GREAT! You'll be the one crying for Pace or Nagy's head if they don't win it all this year after predicting an 8-8 finish or worse.
I don't have to believe TRubisky is as good as many here do in order to think the Bears can compete. I don't have to believe Pace didn't make boneheaded decisions in the past either. I don't even need to buy into Nagy as quickly as all of you do. Do you remember the one negative being said about Nagy when the Bears got him? Couldn't finish.Still I want the Bears to compete at a higher level and they very well could if they could fix this one weakness.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The truth is all I know. Apparently, on the CCS, I'm the only one who can handle it. Hell, I embrace it.

Spartan Island- population 4

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't have to believe TRubisky is as good as many here do in order to think the Bears can compete. I don't have to believe Pace didn't make boneheaded decisions in the past either. I don't even need to buy into Nagy as quickly as all of you do. Do you remember the one negative being said about Nagy when the Bears got him? Couldn't finish.Still I want the Bears to compete at a higher level and they very well could if they could fix this one weakness.

What a tool. Go pound sand.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mack had another ff and a sack...he earned some warrior stars too.
Here's the thing and it's gonna cause butt hurting for sure but it's the truth and I'm all about the truth, brother.
Giving Mack only 2
2jwuIV2.png
2jwuIV2.png

He tore shit up in the first half for sure but seems to fade late in games. Maybe he needs to be spelled more but he didn't show the same fight in the 4th that the big man in the middle did and I really haven't seen him show up late in games for our Bears.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I dig the banter. This thread beats coming up with pet names for #10.

I was watching the 25 HOF semi finalists show tonight eating ma dinner and along the bottom scrolled a stat....
But I forgot what the stat was...it was something like the last 5 SB winners ranked 1st to 4th in points scored off turnovers( I could be wrong about the exact stat) but the Bears currently rank 4th.
One can cherry pick stats all day long to get a point across.

But again, I dig the criticism about the 4th quarter. I just dont see a pattern. 3 losses in 3 very different ways

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Here's the thing and it's gonna cause butt hurting for sure but it's the truth and I'm all about the truth, brother.
Giving Mack only 2
2jwuIV2.png
2jwuIV2.png

He tore shit up in the first half for sure but seems to fade late in games. Maybe he needs to be spelled more but he didn't show the same fight in the 4th that the big man in the middle did and I really haven't seen him show up late in games for our Bears.

That one raider fan came in here and said the same thing, you will see Mack disappear at times.
But to that I say it's hard work getting double and triple teamed. Mack is a monster out there. When you create a turnover its gotta be worth more warrior stars than 2! And he recovered it! And we scored....right? I think we scored on that drive?