4th quarter

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what is it? Lack of stamina? Conservative coaching? Prevent (As in prevent defense)? Lack of adjustments?

It is not hard to find the most glaring weakness with this Bears team. It is their horrid play in the 4th quarter. 11 weeks in and their much ballyhooed HC still seemingly has no answer for what’s been plaguing this team from week 1. Makes me think the problem is him.

Monster

Liked Posts:
A terrible call on Smith and Hicks didn’t help. Resulted in 8 points...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
A terrible call on Smith and Hicks didn’t help. Resulted in 8 points...

Smith one not so bad a call. Hicks one is called on all teams now unfortunately. Regardless, week in and week out we see the great collapse in the 4th quarter with the Bears. They are extremely giving in the final quarter of play.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So what is it? Lack of stamina? Conservative coaching? Prevent (As in prevent defense)? Lack of adjustments?

It is not hard to find the most glaring weakness with this Bears team. It is their horrid play in the 4th quarter. 11 weeks in and their much ballyhooed HC still seemingly has no answer for what’s been plaguing this team from week 1. Makes me think the problem is him.

Shut up

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
It's the prevent defense. We continue to sacrifice yardage for time instead of just playing the defense that shut down Minny the first 3 quarters.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread will not be ballyhooed

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vikes moved to no-huddle. Slowed the pass rush according to Collinsworth.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's the prevent defense. We continue to sacrifice yardage for time instead of just playing the defense that shut down Minny the first 3 quarters.

And that happens when one is in the lead. Which, to be honest, Bears fans haven’t been in this position for quite some time.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Smith one not so bad a call. Hicks one is called on all teams now unfortunately. Regardless, week in and week out we see the great collapse in the 4th quarter with the Bears. They are extremely giving in the final quarter of play.

Again, they played the odds wisely, and schemed to avoid a quick score. They forced Minn to use 5:30 of the remaining 8:30 to get the first score. If not for “roughing”, the game was over there. With the 2 pt conversion they still were comfortable.

The goal is to not let a guy get behind you and score a long TD with very little time used.

That succeeded.

It was far from a collapse.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

troll gonna troll

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
And that happens when one is in the lead. Which, to be honest, Bears fans haven’t been in this position for quite some time.

Oh I know and I hate it. I prefer the step on their necks method. I'd rather have our D jam guys at the line than give them a 10 yard cushion. All that did was let them get chunk yardage plays and score.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Bears have given up 195 points this season.

28 in the 1st (2.8 per game)
30 in the 2nd (3.0 per game)
28 in the 3rd (2.8 per game)
109 in the 4th (10.9 per game)
19.5 per game total

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

We blitzed a few times in the 4th so Vic was mixing it up more than usual.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The Bears have given up more points in the 4th quarter than all other quarters combined in every game except Arizona and New England.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Garbage time points. Prevent is designed to do two things, not let them get behind you but also to eat the clock as they are forced to work down the field.

The game was never in question. The only time the Vivings had the ball with an opportunity to actually tie the game was when the pick 6 happened.

Stop cunting.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again, they played the odds wisely, and schemed to avoid a quick score. They forced Minn to use 5:30 of the remaining 8:30 to get the first score. If not for “roughing”, the game was over there. With the 2 pt conversion they still were comfortable.

The goal is to not let a guy get behind you and score a long TD with very little time used.

That succeeded.

It was far from a collapse.

They did not play the odds wisely. And if they were trying to avoid quick scores, they failed miserably as they did with both Green Bay and Miami. Can get away with this shot some other times against lesser teams and with a little luck but it is a huge problem as I see it.

As I noted in the game thread, it became quite apparent the game was slipping away and so I noted they would need a defensive score to secure victory which Mr. Jackson provided.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears have given up 42 points in the 4th quarter in losses and 73 in wins....

Obviously we can see the vast majority of these came in games they had good leads in....

yup prevent defense....

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
They did not play the odds wisely. And if they were trying to avoid quick scores, they failed miserably as they did with both Green Bay and Miami. Can get away with this shot some other times against lesser teams and with a little luck but it is a huge problem as I see it.

As I noted in the game thread, it became quite apparent the game was slipping away and so I noted they would need a defensive score to secure victory which Mr. Jackson provided.

They didn't have a lot of big plays given up. Problem was it would be 10-12 yards and out of bounds. Keep those in the middle and it would have been better.

This was nothing like the Packers and Dolphins games where the run after the catch for a 50 yard TD twice in each game occurred.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
They didn't have a lot of big plays given up. Problem was it would be 10-12 yards and out of bounds. Keep those in the middle and it would have been better.

This was nothing like the Packers and Dolphins games where the run after the catch for a 50 yard TD twice in each game occurred.

4th quarter collapses al the same. Even gave up a lot to the lowly Lions last week. It’s a problem that needs to be fixed if they wish to compete with the very best teams, or even the better than Lions or Vikings teams for that matter.