4th quarter

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dig the banter. This thread beats coming up with pet names for #10.

I was watching the 25 HOF semi finalists show tonight eating ma dinner and along the bottom scrolled a stat....
But I forgot what the stat was...it was something like the last 5 SB winners ranked 1st to 4th in points scored off turnovers( I could be wrong about the exact stat) but the Bears currently rank 4th.
One can cherry pick stats all day long to get a point across.

But again, I dig the criticism about the 4th quarter. I just dont see a pattern. 3 losses in 3 very different ways
The way I see it, it caused 2 unacceptable losses and another 2 almost losses in which a pick6 was needed to bail them out. Again, giving up the most points in the league in the 4th and this is the exact time many of the more important games will be decided, like when you play the Packers again or the Vikes at their home w/ a better feel for how to play the Bears, or the Rams, the team that an upcoming team would really like to use to make a statement.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
That one raider fan came in here and said the same thing, you will see Mack disappear at times.
But to that I say it's hard work getting double and triple teamed. Mack is a monster out there. When you create a turnover its gotta be worth more warrior stars than 2! And he recovered it! And we scored....right? I think we scored on that drive?
Sorry, 4 stars for first half but taking 2 away for the 2nd half. :smug2:
I did notice it when he was with the Raiders too. I think when teams go to that hurry up offense, many big guys up front get gassed fast and the pass rushing is just more straight up w/no stunts. Maybe the answer for someone like Mack is to let him freelance along the line more in those situations and pick his spots.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The way I see it, it caused 2 unacceptable losses and another 2 almost losses in which a pick6 was needed to bail them out. Again, giving up the most points in the league in the 4th and this is the exact time many of the more important games will be decided, like when you play the Packers again or the Vikes at their home w/ a better feel for how to play the Bears, or the Rams, the team that an upcoming team would really like to use to make a statement.

And if those games are close going into the 4th, I'm sure our defense will be MUCH different.

But if we're up by a couple scores...

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
For what it's worth, if you only take the last 3 games, the rams are dead last in 4th quarter points allowed.

Also look at the top 10 teams allowing the fewest points in the 4th.
The cardinals and lions are 3rd and 6th
Any stat list with the cardinals and lions in it is skewed and holds less merit in my eyes.

Monster

Liked Posts:
That makes sense... the teams giving up the least 4th quarter points are already out of it... they are stopping the clock runs...

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Not an end of the world scenario but rather a a real weakness that even Akiem Hicks alluded to while being Mic'd up. You girls just don't like to hear anything negative no matter how factual it is.

What's funny is there is nothing factual about your point at all. Your suggesting the Bears defense is a weakness in the 4th quarter that is going to hurt the Bears down the road. That is not a fact!

The fact is that the Bears are scoring more points then 28 other teams and are 7-3! Those are facts!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's funny is there is nothing factual about your point at all. Your suggesting the Bears defense is a weakness in the 4th quarter that is going to hurt the Bears down the road. That is not a fact!

The fact is that the Bears are scoring more points then 28 other teams and are 7-3! Those are facts!

Nothing factual, huh? Guess you don’t know the meaning of the word. I say they give up to many points in the 4th quarter. Statistically, they give up more points in the 4th than any other team in football. I say it’s a big problem. Akiem Hicks and the players recognize it as a problem. All seems to be a factual as it gets.

If you don’t like facts and they scare the shit out of you that much, just block me cause I’m all about the facts, brotha.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Nothing factual, huh? Guess you don’t know the meaning of the word. I say they give up to many points in the 4th quarter. Statistically, they give up more points in the 4th than any other team in football. I say it’s a big problem. Akiem Hicks and the players recognize it as a problem. All seems to be a factual as it gets.

If you don’t like facts and they scare the shit out of you that much, just block me cause I’m all about the facts, brotha.

Do we give Nagy credit for getting the team in a position to be up enough points in the 4th or do we still fire him?

Part of the problem is we went up against both Stat Padford and your boy Captain Kirk (you need to retract his warrior spirit status immediately) that are famous for not doing shit for 3+ quarters and then put up numbers in garbage time to make the stat sheet look better than what it was. They are not meaningful stats.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do we give Nagy credit for getting the team in a position to be up enough points in the 4th or do we still fire him?

Part of the problem is we went up against both Stat Padford and your boy Captain Kirk (you need to retract his warrior spirit status immediately) that are famous for not doing shit for 3+ quarters and then put up numbers in garbage time to make the stat sheet look better than what it was. They are not meaningful stats.

As mentioned before, the Bears have given up a higher average of points in the 4th in their losses so that garbage time garbage doesn’t cut it. Remember also a pick 6 was needed to seal the deal with both Seattle and Minnesota when the Bears let them catch up in the 4th.

I haven’t implied Nagy should be fired but I highly suggest he find a solution to a problem that was also plaguing him in KC.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

So the missed FG by Parkey and the dropped Int by Fuller didn't have anything to do with it? Also would have prevented two scores in the 4th.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

You say it's a big problem? WTF kind of fact is that? The fact is that it is not a problem! The Bears are 7-3, in 1st place, and the two losses where they did give up the most points in the 4th should have been wins if not for a missed FG and dropped Int.

The fact is your opinion is wrong, and whatever points are giving up in the 4th has not been a problem. YOUR opinion is not a fact! YOUR opinion does not mean shit! YOUR opinion is nothing but a moron trolling on the internet!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You say it's a big problem? WTF kind of fact is that? The fact is that it is not a problem! The Bears are 7-3, in 1st place, and the two losses where they did give up the most points in the 4th should have been wins if not for a missed FG and dropped Int.

The fact is your opinion is wrong, and whatever points are giving up in the 4th has not been a problem. YOUR opinion is not a fact! YOUR opinion does not mean shit! YOUR opinion is nothing but a moron trolling on the internet!
Team sees it as a problem too. Why wouldn’t anyone with an ounce of sense view it as a problem? Giving up the most points in the league in the final quarter where the big games are usually decided. Maybe you don’t understand football. It’s not golf, you don’t want your opponent to have a lot of points.