My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
week11ints.png

week11ffs.png

Yes the above is real.

The Bears have 18 interceptions, 3 more than any other team.

4 of them returned to the house, 2 more than any other team.

The Bears have 16 forced fumbles, tied for the most with the Bills.

1 of which was a scoop and score.

Also worth noting through 11 weeks:

Kyle Fuller has 4 INTs and caused 2 more INTs for his teammates. 13 PDs

Price Amukamara took two L's last night giving up two touchdowns but has 2 INTs, 2 FFs, 6 PDs

Bryce Callahan continues to make plays all over the field, 2 INTs, 2 Sacks, 6 PDs

Adrian Amos tacked on another INT and PD, 2 INTs and 6 PDs

Eddie Jackson picked up another pick 6. 3 INTs, 1 FF and 6 PDs. Would have 4 and another pick 6 if Mack's penalty didn't call it back.

Last edited:

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
These stats are dumb and I could pick them apart if I wanted to.

I do not need any statistical evidence to say the Bears have the best defense in the NFL this season. They clearly are. Its almost at the point of not being close between the Bears and #2.

Staleydabear1938

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears are gonna have to work the numbers to get people signed back up next year. These stats are fantastic.

Last edited:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I do not need any statistical evidence to say the Bears have the best defense in the NFL this season. They clearly are. Its almost at the point of not being close between the Bears and #2.

So what you're saying is there is too much bitch in your blood?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears are gonna have to work the numbers to get people signed back up next year. These states are fantastic.

Its going to take some cap gymnastics to manage to re-sign Callahan, Jackson and Amos. Almost anyone will agree we are going to lose at least one of those three though.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Its going to take some cap gymnastics to manage to re-sign Callahan, Jackson and Amos. Almost anyone will agree we are going to lose at least one of those three though.

This is Jackson's second year. We don't have to worry about re-signing him until 2021.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know, you can't re-sign players on rookie contracts until after their 3rd year. I just think people already assume we are going to make that effort to re-sign Eddie to try to lessen the blow of his contract instead of letting it run past year 4. The only good thing about Amos and Jackson's contracts are that safeties are becoming less valuable with the rule changes. So that might make both of their contracts more palatable. However at that point you're still left with trying to re-sign one of the league's best nickel corners and that won't come cheap. For context the Dolphins paid Bobby McCain a whopping 4 year 27 Million contract with 13 Million guaranteed. He is a nickel that compares fairly well with Bryce.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Clearly the best defense? Play someone first. Sheesh

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Your Saints don't scare us SilenceS. Neither do the Rams. The fact is this team has enough talent to compete with pretty much any other NFL squad.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I am saying stats are bullshit and are almost never to be taken seriously.

Not sure if you are into baseball or not. Would love to have you around the Cubs board. Not allowed to have a thought over there unless it was derived via a stat. You would rile some serious feathers.

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:

Of the three, I would let Callahan walk. I think Jackson is a no brainier to keep and he has built good chemistry with Amos over the last year and a half. Amos is an every down player, whereas Callahan is situational. Also, I liked what I saw of the Toliver kid in preseason. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see him this year, but I think he has talent and Vic knows how to extract and use talent. I could see him step into Callahan's role next year.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know about that man. The Bears play far and away more nickel than base defense and that isn't isolated to just us either. Callahan is every bit as valuable of a starter as the rest of them. The current NFL is trending towards teams needing to have three good cornerbacks. Two doesn't do it anymore.

As for Tolliver, I personally see him as outside cornerback depth. Make no mistake. Inside and outside corners aren't simply interchangeable. If anyone on the roster is a competent fill in for nickel outside of Callahan its McManis but he is getting long in the tooth by comparison to Bryce.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I don't know about that man. The Bears play far and away more nickel than base defense and that isn't isolated to just us either. Callahan is every bit as valuable of a starter as the rest of them. The current NFL is trending towards teams needing to have three good cornerbacks. Two doesn't do it anymore.

As for Tolliver, I personally see him as outside cornerback depth. Make no mistake. Inside and outside corners aren't simply interchangeable. If anyone on the roster is a competent fill in for nickel outside of Callahan its McManis but he is getting long in the tooth by comparison to Bryce.
But what does that mean, "two quality CBs doesn't do it anymore"...? I can't think of any teams with 3 really good CBs.

IMO, there is not pressing need to pay 3 CBs top dollar.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some crazy ass numbers.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But what does that mean, "two quality CBs doesn't do it anymore"...? I can't think of any teams with 3 really good CBs.

IMO, there is not pressing need to pay 3 CBs top dollar.

It literally means that if your team wants to play top tier NFL pass defense then you need to have three competent cornerbacks because of how much nickel defense is being played in the NFL right now. Why exactly did I have to explain this though? Is it not obvious?

Go around the league and look up the best pass defenses. I doubt you're going to find bad or middling corners there.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It literally means that if your team wants to play top tier NFL pass defense then you need to have three competent cornerbacks because of how much nickel defense is being played in the NFL right now. Why exactly did I have to explain this though? Is it not obvious?

Go around the league and look up the best pass defenses. I doubt you're going to find bad or middling corners there.

It doesn't need explanation, it needs proof. Where exactly in the NFL are you seeing three great CBs on the same team? How many teams pay 3 CBs top money? This isn't a trend I'm seeing around the league, so yeah, where's your basis for making such a claim?

CBs are a pretty expensive position, how about we just draft a 3rd CB if you're worried about that nickel CB position. Paying 3 CBs top dollar doesn't seem prudent.

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
Kind of reminds me of when the Bears paid Tillman and Vasher a bunch of money and later we found out Vasher was a great nickel corner due to an elite pass rush.