Trubisky has injured shoulder.

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
I think if Chase Daniel plays, we lose. I think we would play ultra conservative and try to win the ball and since we suck at that, we lose a close game.

Yeah, definitely doesn't help. At this point, I have to stay even-keeled. They fortunately won their home games against Detroit and Minny, so losing isn't as dire as it otherwise would be. But it would make the road a bit harder.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I just heard Hub on The Score and he believes there is no chance that Tru plays. I'm not saying I agree with him, just that he said it. He also said that it was definitely the Smith hit that caused the injury.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I just heard Hub on The Score and he believes there is no chance that Tru plays. I'm not saying I agree with him, just that he said it. He also said that it was definitely the Smith hit that caused the injury.

Well, you're the doctor...whats YOUR opinion?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Totally. Trubisky plays. Nagy serving up media turkey, they're gobbling it up.

Trubisky is fine. He's dancing and high fiving and rah rah-ing (right arm raised high) in locker room Sunday night.

A little Adrenaline and possibly a pill or two could take care of that for the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I suspect it has more to do with Mitch's continued play than Thur. I bet he can and wants to go but Nagy is simply weighting the long term good of not doing so since we are playing a team that we have a good shot at without Mitch. The problem with playing Mitch is that you can't protect him. He will run if it comes up.

All that said, I suspect it's just soreness, that he has full mobility with no looseness of the joint and and will play.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Rotoworld -

The Chicago Tribune reports "plenty of signs" point toward Mitchell Trubisky (shoulder) missing Thursday's game against the Lions.
Trubisky was officially "DNP" on Tuesday. Coach Matt Nagy sounded pessimistic at his presser. Were Trubisky to sit, 10th-year pro Chase Daniel would be in line for his first start since 2014. Daniel played for Nagy in Kansas City and raked in $7 million guaranteed last offseason, so Nagy clearly has some level of confidence.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Wait, isn't the Illinois game in Maui on the score right now? Or are you listening online?

baredown

Liked Posts:
All that said, I suspect it's just soreness, that he has full mobility with no looseness of the joint and and will play.

If that were actually the case, we'd never hear about it. No rational reason on the planet for Nagy to let Detroit know Trubisky has a sore shoulder, may have some limitations on his throwing, and definitely has sensitivity to contact there. Nagy's intentionally obfuscating the nature and degree of Trubisky's injury to complicate Detroit's game planning. He pretty much did the same thing with Mack before the Jets game. But if Trubisky is unlikely to play based on his injury and treatment, Nagy has at a minimum to disclose that he's questionable. The NFL gets more than a little punitive about teams covering up injuries to starting QBs...

Last year the Bears were second only to the Steelers in the fewest number of players listed as questionable who ended up playing. That's going to be a Pace thing, not a Nagy thing, so its unlikely to be much different this year...

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, it's his throwing shoulder. Damn. We really need a Dub against the Lions. Fuck.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Yep, throwing shoulder. The hit was on his left side but is throwing shoulder was pushed to the ground.

swz01

Liked Posts:
I expect him to play. There is zero indication this is a meaningful injury or he would have already been ruled out for the game with the short week. Unless he aggravates something in warm ups before the game he is playing.