Strength of Schedule Overplayed

ridemywheelie

Liked Posts:
Bears weak Strength of Schedule has been exaggerated. Bears opponents have a 45% winning percentage, while the toughest NFC SoS so far is the Bucs at 53%. Do you think that 8% difference makes a huge difference in wins and losses? Unlike other NFL divisions, the worst team, Lions, still has 4 wins, including some quality wins. All other NFL divisions have their worst teams with 2 or 3 wins so far. Anyway,IMO the Bears have outplayed just about every team except for the Patriots, who they played evenly but lost giving up 2 special-teams TDs. The Bears are very good. Mitch's inconsistency and special teams are their biggest weakness.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcsosag.html

casinnova

Liked Posts:
Strength of schedule makes no sense ... When you beat a team, you statistically make your schedule look easier. How does that make any sense? This is some bullshit John Madden insight... "Whoever scores the most points usually wins the game". Dafuq. STFU about strength of schedule. Maybe it makes sense in college football ... Not in the NFL.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I thought before the season that we had a tough schedule. Or maybe it was only considered a tough schedule to a 5-11 John Fox team.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Strength of schedule makes no sense ... When you beat a team, you statistically make your schedule look easier. How does that make any sense? This is some bullshit John Madden insight... "Whoever scores the most points usually wins the game". Dafuq. STFU about strength of schedule. Maybe it makes sense in college football ... Not in the NFL.

Exactly! Once you beat the other team you make their winning percentage worse.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The nfl is simply on the fast track to every team being 8-8, 9-7 ,so every city feels like they still have a chance.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I've always said SoS is worthless unless you're talking about it after week 17. That is the ACTUAL strength of schedule and then you have something to talk about.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so you're telling me it changes during the course of the season? not sure I can handle that.

mecha

Liked Posts:
there were at least 24 threads citing how the Bears weren't going to win a single game in the second half of the season about 7 months ago. now the media is saying the Bears have it easier in the second half of the season compared to other teams even within the division. (didn't it say THE EASIEST?)

2 things I take away from this:
1) people that post here that run blogs like they're megaminds of how all things professional football work... don't actually know what they're talking about.
or
2) it's a media conspiracy to make the Bears look bad.

you decide.

every time someone brings this up it's no different than a clickbait article. as long as the Bears take care of their business, who cares? it's not like they decided who they're playing.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we added KC & NO to the schedule in place of SF & NYG would that change your opinion of SOS

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we added KC & NO to the schedule in place of SF & NYG would that change your opinion of SOS

We have the easiest sos in out division because our division has to play us.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
We have the easiest sos in out division because our division has to play us.

Exactly. For the most part, the top teams in the NFL often have the "easiest" schedules...because everybody is worse than them. It's hard to have what would be deemed a "hard" schedule when nobody is as good as you.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

We have the Pats and Rams, the two teams many think will play in the SB. Our schedule for instance looks very similar to the Saints, and we'd be 9-1 if we could of held on against GB and Miami.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I do remember before the Vikings game a lot of people talking about the Bears’ poor schedule. Then during the Vikings game they flashed a graphic saying the Bears had the 15th most difficult schedule going into Week 11, and 11th going out of it. So strength of schedule seems awfully fluid...