Every Pass and Rush by Trubs agains Minn

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Watching it a 2nd time he made 3 bad throws, pressure effected them and he was retreating while throwing on 2 of them.

1. The Rhodes almost pick was just bad from the word go.
2. Robinson pick he is moving back and throws to where he expects Robinson to be, but he is dominated on the rep
3. Deep pick, too much of a risk, but was a dime ball

Other than that he was good and he broke the Vikings with his running. The pass rush noticeably slows down in the 2nd half because they do not want to lose Trubisky.

A couple of throws he made were really nice. The TD on the move with a LB closing into his face. The roll out conversion to Gabriel where he goes over the underneath WRs heads. Both 3rd down conversions in the 4th were tight window throws.

Agreed. The deep ball pick was a great pass, but a throw id rather him not throw. It was too deep in a 2 deep safety look. That throw needs to split between the lbrs and safeties.

Vikings defense played a hell of a game. They were very physical with the receivers all game.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Thanks. I was not up-to-date on my rules. I feel like Phil Simms.

I admit I didn't realize this was the case either until I heard them mention it in-game. Trubisky does a 'half, sidewise' slide 75% of the time. While technically this should be safe, I wonder if we see a change to feet first slides from him.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
I admit I didn't realize this was the case either until I heard them mention it in-game. Trubisky does a 'half, sidewise' slide 75% of the time. While technically this should be safe, I wonder if we see a change to feet first slides from him.

He has the most awkward slide at times. I keep waiting for him to grab a knee and stay down. I had a late slide playing softball when a guy faked a tag and broke my ankle. I cring whenever he slides late and awkward.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I know that game was not the barn burner that last nights game was, but we dominated TOP in the first half and overall. Trubisky moved the chains on more than a couple of critical conversions with his legs and his arm.

The biggest difference was the rushing game, we had 148 to 22 yard advantage. Trubisky had 10 rushes for 43 yards.

We need to be able to run the ball in colder weather and Howard had 63 yards on 18 carries (3.5 ypc). While I would hope for better it allowed us to remain balanced.

A lot times the boring, TOP game makes it appear that Trubisky could have done better, but against a good defense, it means the coach is calling the right plays and the offense is out there grinding it out, making the opposing offense more one dimensional.

mvnup2

Liked Posts:
Robinson was lazy and terrible. I'd bench him Thursday to make a point.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Thanks. I was not up-to-date on my rules. I feel like Phil Simms.

It's cool. I liked your point about Mitch too. Also, I'm sure Simms' CTE is much more advanced than yours.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You can't hit a QB if he dives headfirst? Please cite this rule change.
The Committee clarified the protections for sliding quarterbacks and any runner who gives himself up:
Explore the NFL Video Rulebook.

Explore the NFL Video Rulebook.

If a runner (including a quarterback) gives himself up, then he is down where the first body part touches the ground. The runner should not benefit from additional yardage after the first body part touches. Defenders do not have to go down to initiate contact to stop a runner from gaining more yards after he contacts the ground.
Quarterbacks and all runners must give themselves up early, and if a defender has committed to a tackle, contact may occur. However, that contact cannot be late or to the head or neck area of the player who gave himself up.
A quarterback does not have to slide feet first to be considered to be giving himself up. Regardless whether the slide is feet first or head first, as long as he gives himself up, he should receive the protections afforded to him as a player in a defenseless posture.

NVM

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
After watching this, he played a much better game than his stat line. 100% outplayed cousins. Sucks people will only look at the numbers and say he played bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
After watching this, he played a much better game than his stat line. 100% outplayed cousins. Sucks people will only look at the numbers and say he played bad.

3 bad throws against a great defense.

6/12 on 3rd down is unheard of against this defense.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
3 bad throws against a great defense.

6/12 on 3rd down is unheard of against this defense.

Is it me or does it feel like 3 bad throws a game should be expected out of Mitch at this point in his development? He seems to have like 2-3 wtf was that throws each week with an other wise clean game.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is it me or does it feel like 3 bad throws a game should be expected out of Mitch at this point in his development? He seems to have like 2-3 wtf was that throws each week with an other wise clean game.

I watched Jared Goff chuck 4-5 ducks last night.

That is pretty standard. The problem with the Vikings game was that they were just really bad decisions. Bad throws happen, bad decisions you can limit.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
On that really awkward slide by Mitch, it looked like he was thinking of maybe running for even more, but then thought better of it, and got kinda caught in between.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Mitchs ability to navigate the pocket and avoid pressure has improved greatly this year which makes the offensive line look better than it really is. Playcalling has also masked some of the deficiencies too.

When he is consistently getting a clean pocket he destroys teams (Bucs/Lions) but he needs major improvement on his accuracy when pressured in the pocket. That seems like something that comes with time though. Luckily, he excels while throwing on the run.