Are we better off by not trading up one pick Aaron Donald and picking Kyle fuller?

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
In the 2015 draft we all wanted Aaron Donald and were devastated when the rams took him one pick ahead. We ended up going Kyle fuller

We all know if Ryan Pace was our GM at the time he would have gave up some picks to move one spot forward

But hear me out

If we would have picked Donald we would have not been able to trade for Mack and give him that contract (since Donald would have got the contract as well). We retained fuller for 50M

We could have spent 50 on butler since that’s who we were aggressive going after

Would you rather have Mack and fuller or Donald and butler (and 2 first round picks and lose a second, looking to be late first rounders)

I think Donald is the better player over Mack, however Mack plays the harder position making him more value able

Personally, I like mack and fuller and things worked out in the end

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I heard the Bulls said something similar when they ended up with Kirk Heinrich instead of Dwayne Wade.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Mack and Donald are a push, who knows how the CB situation would have worked out. Given that Mack cost 2 first round picks, I'd say that's an easy answer, you take Donald and keep the draft picks (minus what it cost to move up to get Donald).

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Bears have Hicks for much cheaper and Mack. Fuller is playing like a top 10 corner on top of that. I’m good

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As much as I like Mack, Donald is ridiculous. Much harder to pass rush from the inside and get sacks and I think I heard a stat that Donald's pass rush % when doubled is higher than all other players pass rush percentage when single covered.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
In the 2015 draft we all wanted Aaron Donald and were devastated when the rams took him one pick ahead. We ended up going Kyle fuller

We all know if Ryan Pace was our GM at the time he would have gave up some picks to move one spot forward

But hear me out

If we would have picked Donald we would have not been able to trade for Mack and give him that contract (since Donald would have got the contract as well). We retained fuller for 50M

We could have spent 50 on butler since that’s who we were aggressive going after

Would you rather have Mack and fuller or Donald and butler (and 2 first round picks and lose a second, looking to be late first rounders)

I think Donald is the better player over Mack, however Mack plays the harder position making him more value able

Personally, I like mack and fuller and things worked out in the end

When were the Bears hot for Butler? They took shots at Bouye and Gilmore for sure.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
2015 draft Bears drafted Kevin White.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Bears are better off because they would have never signed Mack. I prefer the Fuller, Hicks and Mack combination. Mack is better against the run than Donald.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
2014 draft Bears drafted Kyle Fuller @ 14 and the Rams drafted Donald @ 13.

I can't complain too much 'cause the Bears still ended up with a solid player @ CB then fixed the DT position with Hicks then traded for Mack so Pace has done just fine. And that draft in 2014 was Phil Emery's last draft.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
2015 draft the Bears should have drafted Gurley over Kevin White. I wanted Gurley and he would have been a better fit for Nagy than Howard.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
For those saying RBs are not that important or you can get them in any round well look at Elliott, Gurley and Barkley then look at Howard and try to convince me otherwise.

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
For those saying RBs are not that important or you can get them in any round well look at Elliott, Gurley and Barkley then look at Howard and try to convince me otherwise.

Kareem Hunt came from Toledo in the 4th
Bell came from Michigan St in the 3rd

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Fuller is a fine player and I'm happy he is a Bear, but Donald would have changed everything for this team. That was the year we have up 50+ points in consecutive games and couldn't rush the passer worth shit. We get Donald instead of Fuller, there's a better chance that Trestman wins more games. I can't say that we'd win enough to keep Trestman around, but I guarantee we wouldn't have had such a piss poor pass rush and weed have been competitive in far more games.

Just the facts, losing out on Donald helped push Trestman out the door.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Sure we 7-3 and 2 out of 3 of those guys are on teams with worse records.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
What if we drafted Mahomes instead of Trubisky?

/EndThread