Are we better off by not trading up one pick Aaron Donald and picking Kyle fuller?

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Donald is a transcendent player, a Reggie White type clone. But, Fuller the last two seasons has been a revelation. Fortunately we've been able to acquire some amazing players in Mack and Hicks.

How awesome is it to have playmakers and elite players are every level? Seriously, this season Mack, Hicks, Jackson and Fuller have either been the best player at their position, or top 3.

Trevathan and Roquan are no slouches at the second level. Their speed has been underrated and limits underneath passing lanes/check downs.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
What if we drafted Mahomes instead of Trubisky?

/EndThread

I love Mahomes but he would have thrown a shit load of picks last year. He'd be learning and adapting to the new system just like Mitch this year.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
We'd have Hicks anyway probably. Imagine Donald and Hicks in the middle?

What's going on with Suh? Can you imagine Suh and Donald both in their prime together?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Donald is a transcendent player, a Reggie White type clone. But, Fuller the last two seasons has been a revelation. Fortunately we've been able to acquire some amazing players in Mack and Hicks.

How awesome is it to have playmakers and elite players are every level? Seriously, this season Mack, Hicks, Jackson and Fuller have either been the best player at their position, or top 3.

Trevathan and Roquan are no slouches at the second level. Their speed has been underrated and limits underneath passing lanes/check downs.

Mack is approaching Reggie level with his pass rush. Dude needs one hand to move people, much like Reggies club.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
What's going on with Suh? Can you imagine Suh and Donald both in their prime together?

Yeah, Suh has been pretty much a ghost. Has been underwhelming since leaving DET.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I love Mahomes but he would have thrown a shit load of picks last year. He'd be learning and adapting to the new system just like Mitch this year.

Trubisky is like Russell Wilson.

Mahomes is like the love child of Tom Brady & Dan Marino being carried to term by Joe Montana.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Trubisky is like Russell Wilson.

Mahomes is like the love child of Tom Brady & Dan Marino being carried to term by Joe Montana.

He's an excellent young QB. I wanted the Bears to draft him. However, I really like Mitch. I had not seen much of his college career.

I saw plenty of Mahomes. I said at the time he has amazing arm talent, is mobile, accurate and can maintain his accuracy rolling left or right. Plus like Mitch, Mahomes is a great kid that wants to work hard and be coached. I think Goff, Wentz, Mahomes, Mitch and Watson are going to be the next wave of great NFL QBs. Mayfield may jump into that group too.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Or just take Aaron Rodgers over Cedric Benson to start the 2005/2006 seasons.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Let's go back 3 years and whine about a trade we didnt make. You gotta get out of your parents basement and wash the Cheeto dust off your fingers. Worst fucking thread ever

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Don’t overthink it. I’d rather have Donald than Fuller, even if that means you don’t get Mack later.

You retain the draft picks you gave up to get Mack. And also, no one knows how that might have impacted the next few years. Maybe they end up with an even better team. They certainly end up with the best player if they snag Donald.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
We'd have Hicks anyway probably. Imagine Donald and Hicks in the middle?

Would be crazy, but hard to project Pace goes after Hicks and still drafts Goldman, who is a fucking animal at his position, if Bears end up with Donald. Bears are tops in rushing for a reason and Rams are 22nd in the league. Donald isn't a great run stopper..

Actually, the Rams give up THE MOST rush yards per attempt in the league at 5.2...

OT: i watched Hicks blow up Goldmans man last game within milliseconds, Goldman predetermined his move and went for it with noone there blocking him. It was comical.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

You can't say that with conviction, as no one knows and no one will ever know.

Which leads me to my next point...

This thread kinda sucks.

Monster

Liked Posts:
That was a good team... Alex Smith took them to the Divisional Round and lost. We will see if Mahomes does better with the same tools and scheme.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, because drafting Donald might have saved Emory's job... :tongue: