What if the Mike Glennon Experiment actually worked in 2017?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think the entire point of the Glennon deal and then drafting Trubisky was to trade Glennon in the off-season for high picks and start Trubisky this year

I concur.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Mike Glennon “experiment” worked exactly the way it was supposed to.

There was no way he was ever going to succeed. It basically assured the Bears a losing season, which in turn made the removal of the coaching staff expected and allowed for it to happen quickly.

This gave the Bears the first pick of the new coaching litter. And it’s obvious they got the best one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lets say everything remains the same...Bears 2017 record is still 5-11, Pace still signs Mack in the offseason, but Trubisky had spent the entire 2017 as a backup.

I think it be pretty much the same as now but what if we went 8-8 with Glennon? Would Fox still be here?

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Fox was a lame duck. Was never Pace's guy to begin with and without any playoff berths to show for it Pace was going to force him out after last season no matter what.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glennon playing well would have been the worst case scenario. Trubisky needed game reps, he started 13 games in his entire college career.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Glennon playing well would have been the worst case scenario. Trubisky needed game reps, he started 13 games in his entire college career.

Yep, in hindsight we got everything we needed because Glennon sucked. We got our QB some much needed game time, a new coach, a stud linebacker, and Mack because Gruden thought we'd suck for a couple years.