Notre Dame's Chip Long emerges as offensive coordinator candidate

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If we lose Mark Helfrich Chip Long may be a good candidate. Anthony Miller and Long worked together at Memphis.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
No one reply to his threads. I dont think he can see my reply because he has me blocked.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No one reply to his threads. I dont think he can see my reply because he has me blocked.

Nope. I love you and hope you have a happy Thanksgiving and Bear down.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If we lose Mark Helfrich Chip Long may be a good candidate. Anthony Miller and Long worked together at Memphis.

So, when you say "emerges as ...candidate", for a position that is not open at this point, what you really meant was "I just read a list, and picked name".

"A guy who is OC on a playoff college team is my guy because he once crossed paths with a player on our team, and what coach doesn't stake his future on knowing one player on an NFL roster?"

That's what you're really saying.

Please.
Just.
Stop.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So, when you say "emerges as ...candidate", for a position that is not open at this point, what you really meant was "I just read a list, and picked name".

"A guy who is OC on a playoff college team is my guy because he once crossed paths with a player on our team, and what coach doesn't stake his future on knowing one player on an NFL roster?"

That's what you're really saying.

Please.
Just.
Stop.

1. He's been a name that's been emerging for a while and is probably the most popular.

2. He could go to Vikings, Lions, Patriots or any number of teams. If you don't want to talk about how creative he has been then don't.

3. How about them apples?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
*ding* "Put Another Dez thread on the whiteboard, boss!"

TL1961

Liked Posts:
1. He's been a name that's been emerging for a while and is probably the most popular.

2. He could go to Vikings, Lions, Patriots or any number of teams. If you don't want to talk about how creative he has been then don't.

3. How about them apples?

Well, theoretically, anyone could go to any team. If they have an opening.

So, I will now fear that he Vikings will get him (even though they have an OC), or the Lions (who have a new coaching staff and new OC) or the Patriots, or whatever.

And I do want to thank you for disliking me and calling ME an idiot for laughing at you ridiculous post.

BTW, what is the context for "How do you like them apples", which deserved it's own number on your list?

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
As long as Matt Nagy is calling the plays, we can hire John Shoop for all I care.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Where is Mark Helfrich going exactly?

I don't see a major college team looking at him as a viable candidate, considering how things ended at Oregon. Good player coach and meshes well with Nagy (I mean, shit, he managed to get along with Chip Kelly), but he doesn't appear to be HC material.

As for Chip Long, as a ND fan, Long has upped his game recently, but I have been a bit perplexed by his play-calling at times. His run calls are generally frustrating. ND has a homerun threat in Dexter Williams, yet they almost never seem to attack the perimeter in the run game, and go with really predictable inside dives. In terms of passes, he's been excellent calling the right plays. Running, I hope we see a lot better. ND will need to be a lot more creative in run calls against teams like Clemson or Bama.

Either way, don't see it happening. Long seems like a guy who is destined for a HC job soon. I don't see him jumping ship to another coordinator position, even if it's going from college to NFL.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I honestly don't mind Dez threads, but this is pretty stupid. Just sayin'.