We have almost no shot to win this game

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It looks like the Lions will be missing, Jones, Johnson, and Lang. Slay is also a bit hobbled, but most likely will play. With all that, and Tate now gone, if the Bears don't win this game (assuming Mitch plays) they are not a legit playoff team. It's really that simple. Of course, if Mitch is out (I don't think he will be) that changes everything.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It looks like the Lions will be missing, Jones, Johnson, and Lang. Slay is also a bit hobbled, but most likely will play. With all that, and Tate now gone, if the Bears don't win this game (assuming Mitch plays) they are not a legit playoff team. It's really that simple. Of course, if Mitch is out (I don't think he will be) that changes everything.

Sorry but that is bullshit. The NFL is a crazy league. I believe the Bears should win but if they lose it does not mean they are not a legitimate playoff team. That is your spin. The Chargers just lost to Denver but they still look like a legitimate playoff team.

The Bears were awful on offense last year but still beat Pittsburgh and Carolina at home and both were playoff teams.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think being mentally prepared for this game will be enough. We'll be seeing a heavy dose of Howard, Cohen, and Mizzel.

Don't get me wrong, Lions D still sucks, but the run stop unit has improved a bit, as Snacks gets more acclimated and Ziggy is back. The secondary however, is atrocious, especially when Slay is out. Tabor just plain sucks. You can burn Detroit big time on hot reads, but will Chase be able to make those? Losing Mitch's scrambling ability will be huge too, if he is out.

In other words......

Mitch plays...easy Bears win
Daniels plays....toss up game.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry but that is bullshit. The NFL is a crazy league. I believe the Bears should win but if they lose it does not mean they are not a legitimate playoff team. That is your spin. The Chargers just lost to Denver but they still look like a legitimate playoff team.

The Bears were awful on offense last year but still beat Pittsburgh and Carolina at home and both were playoff teams.

Depends on your definition of "legit playoff team". Mine is, one you expect to go far into the playoffs. Yours might be one you expect to make the playoffs.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Depends on your definition of "legit playoff team". Mine is, one you expect to go far into the playoffs. Yours might be one you expect to make the playoffs.

Assuming the Saints and Rams get byes, the Bears will be favored in their first playoff game at home, and rightly so.

As far as tomorrow's game is concerned, I expect them to win whether Mitch plays or not. Their team is significantly better than the Lions outside of the QB position.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Throughout NFL history there are teams that went deep into the playoffs or that won championships that had head scratching loses along the way. It’s the nature of the league.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
The NFL absolutely fucked us.

I just went back all the way to 2002 which is how far back the NFL keeps game logs. Only ONE time did a team even play a 3:15 game before the Thanksgiving 11:30 am Lions game. That was New England at home vs Indy in 2010. Guess what though... the Lions were playing in Dallas the week prior. So atleast they had to travel back to Detroit.

This un-fucking-precedented.

Couple that with the fact that Mitch either won't play or will be limited and Detroit just saw us and will be hungry for revenge... We are fucked in this game. Mark my words.

So which one is it? You’re saying we are fucked in this game but yet your title says “we have ALMOST no shot”. Almost no shot means we still have a shot.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears are the vastly superior team. No excuses. Just do it as Nike would say.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Divisional games on the road are tough. I expect a lot of Eeyores if they lose.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not super confident the Bears can win this game with Chase.

The Bills or Jets maybe, but Stafford is still a legitimate NFL QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears are the vastly superior team. No excuses. Just do it as Nike would say.

Agreed, still think we need something from the QB. The offense is not built to run the ball to win a game.

We should kill Stafford, and I mean that literally.