Carmelo Anthony to test free agency!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Bron is not fucking coming here... alright? He's not interested in Chicago else he would have come here the first damn time.

Why are Bulls fans so daft?

chill out i was replying to Scottie saying Rose needs a guy like Bron so he could focus on being a real point guard...i agree bron will never be a bull

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bron is not fucking coming here... alright? He's not interested in Chicago else he would have come here the first damn time.

100% true except for the slam at Bulls fans. Melo's circle may be concerned about the Knicks cap issues, Gallinari, J.R.Smith's health and contract, or the owner who is terrible. Surprised he is moving, but he takes a ton of heat in N.Y. and sole responsiblity for every season they don't win a championship, just the way N.Y. Knicks fans are, yankees fans mentality.

So he has decided to explore options. New Jersey makes some sense. He doesn't move, Syracuse fans that are Nets fans get their turn to support him, and they have expiring contracts (and some cap hell) like Garnett. If they could move Joe Johnson's contract somehow someway they might afford it, certainly would want him over Joe.

And then there is Los Angeles. Where his wife works? right? Where Kobe's legs are falling off, where there is some cap space opening up, and where he can get the hell away from New York. Rose is the exception of a player who can navigate the bumps of playing in your hometown or college town.

If you forced me to guess.....he is going Hollywood. I will be glad to have him out of the conference, because he IS a guy who can beat the world on any given night when he heats up.

Miami only makes sense if they lose Lebron back to Cleveland, or they decide to move Bosh. Melo knows those guys from Olympic basketball very well, its a possibility. With his wifes situation, I think its clear though other than forming a super team. Its New York or L.A. miami/nets/knicks/lakers/clippers (if they moved Griffin I could see the draw to play with Paul)

(and I misread the entire point of your post. my bad!!! wtf, I thought we were talking Melo. yeah....Lebron is similar, Miami/Cleveland/Lakers/Knicks/Nets in that order)

maybe Melo and Lebron have discussed teaming up? for all we know?

because I was so thorough, I should mention Lebron with Chris Paul makes sense. They won gold together too? Plus Paul is the clutch shooter in his prime that Lebron needs to make him invincible. It makes more sense than Wade-Lebron ever did. That marriage took some working out on the court.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
LeBron would never go Hollywood with Kobe's whinney ass still there.

LeBron doesn't need or want to play with Carmelo, plus they play the same position. It'd be like LeBron teaming up with Paul George or something. Doesn't make sense.

I can see LeBron staying in Miami for the rest of his career. They pretty much give him whatever he wants down there, which won't happen anywhere else excpet maybe NY.

I can't see Carmelo going to Brooklyn. They would have to clean house again and would look pretty stupid doing it too.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

LeBron doesn't need or want to play with Carmelo, plus they play the same position. It'd be like LeBron teaming up with Paul George or something. Doesn't make sense.

I can see LeBron staying in Miami for the rest of his career. They pretty much give him whatever he wants down there, which won't happen anywhere else excpet maybe NY.

I can't see Carmelo going to Brooklyn. They would have to clean house again and would look pretty stupid doing it too.

Lebron doesn't have a position. he can be point, pf, sf, whatever you need. Melo and Lebron is much better fit than Rose-Melo because lebron is most versatile player in NBA history.

Lebron would never go to hollywood.....IDK about that. Kobe might be gone, his contract is huge and he tore his achilles. Kobe to Bulls makes a degree of sense on a small contract to get that 6th championship.

Its all speculation, we aren't in these guys heads. I think there are 5 or 6 places with a little smoke.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I agree about LeBron being talented enough to play any position on the court. In terms of personality however, he and Kobe would not work out. We've all seen the drama with Shaq and Dwight Howard. Kobe is too selfish and immature to coexist with another alpha male on "his" team.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I really don't think Lebron is going to leave miami. And, I think Melo is just trying to force the Knicks to improve his team cause he doesn't want to leave. The player I would love the Bulls to go after is Love.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I really don't think Lebron is going to leave miami. And, I think Melo is just trying to force the Knicks to improve his team cause he doesn't want to leave. The player I would love the Bulls to go after is Love.

:clap: Someone give this man a cigar!

Love would be a beast in this lineup. Trade Noah for any combination of picks/players, put Boozer on a slow boat to China and let Deng walk. Bam, you have two of the best players in the game who can compliment one another in your starting five. You can easily build around that.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

On the contrary, word is that LeBron would love to play with Melo. It will likely never happen though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On the contrary, word is that LeBron would love to play with Melo. It will likely never happen though.
Well they also have Olympic experience and isn't that where superteams are made? :smug:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Whats so impossible about Lebron potentially becoming a Bulls?
The only thing that would make that impossible is PaxGarRose not working together to recruit and make it happen.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bulls should be focusing on Bigs who can dominate the rim on the offense end-that I'd how they will beat the Heat.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just don't see Melo leaving $33Mil on the table from his beloved home town New York Knicks. That doesn't include what he milks in endorsements from the Big Apple, either....I'd be shocked to see him leave NY.

LeBron OTOH....thats a tough call. I really believe the Lakers should be given serious consideration in aqcuiring Bron's services. This is pure speculation on my part...but if they parted ways with Kobe (I highly doubt they would) they could offer LeBron flexibility. As of now- they'll have 4 players under contract for under $11Mil. Two of which would be Nash ($9Mil) and Nick Young (just over $1Mil if he exercises his player option, which he very well may not). The Lakers could go out and aqcuire guys like Gortat & Randolph to put next to LBJ should they take 8mil/yr contracts (I'm guessing they would). The Lakers could grab a flurry of shooters on the market in Bonner & Rush. Who is to say Pierce wouldn't take the vet's minimum to go home to LA and contend for a title for his boyhood Lakers? Not to mention the Lakers could very well be drafting in the lottery of a very very very loaded upcoming draft.

Stay tuned on the Lakers for LeBron.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I just don't see Melo leaving $33Mil on the table from his beloved home town New York Knicks. That doesn't include what he milks in endorsements from the Big Apple, either....I'd be shocked to see him leave NY.

LeBron OTOH....thats a tough call. I really believe the Lakers should be given serious consideration in aqcuiring Bron's services. This is pure speculation on my part...but if they parted ways with Kobe (I highly doubt they would) they could offer LeBron flexibility. As of now- they'll have 4 players under contract for under $11Mil. Two of which would be Nash ($9Mil) and Nick Young (just over $1Mil if he exercises his player option, which he very well may not). The Lakers could go out and aqcuire guys like Gortat & Randolph to put next to LBJ should they take 8mil/yr contracts (I'm guessing they would). The Lakers could grab a flurry of shooters on the market in Bonner & Rush. Who is to say Pierce wouldn't take the vet's minimum to go home to LA and contend for a title for his boyhood Lakers? Not to mention the Lakers could very well be drafting in the lottery of a very very very loaded upcoming draft.

Stay tuned on the Lakers for LeBron.

Your statement is exactly the reason why LeBron probably won't be leaving to LA anytime soon. If they give up Kobe then that means any elite type player they have left on their roster is gone. He'd basically be going into a previous Cleveland situation. Which is why he left there in the first place. If Lebron leaves Miami, a multiple championship contender for years to come, then I would think he'd want to join another potential championship contender. Ironically, the Cavaliers with Irving can do just that.

Ecript

Liked Posts:
I don't want Carmelo with the Bulls. he plays slow paced.

transplant

Liked Posts:

Seriously now, what % of Bulls' fans do you think are holding candles out for Lebron's arrival? I'm guessing that it's less than 5% and that includes the certifiably insane.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I don't want Carmelo with the Bulls. he plays slow paced.

confused_christian_bale.gif

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
33 MIL gets cut to shreds by those NY taxes. Endorsements is where the real money comes from.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Seriously now, what % of Bulls' fans do you think are holding candles out for Lebron's arrival? I'm guessing that it's less than 5% and that includes the certifiably insane.

Bulls fans all over the net salivate over LeBron becoming a free agent. Not sure why since he obviously doesn't want any part of Jordan's legacy.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your statement is exactly the reason why LeBron probably won't be leaving to LA anytime soon. If they give up Kobe then that means any elite type player they have left on their roster is gone. He'd basically be going into a previous Cleveland situation. Which is why he left there in the first place. If Lebron leaves Miami, a multiple championship contender for years to come, then I would think he'd want to join another potential championship contender. Ironically, the Cavaliers with Irving can do just that.

I would suggest Cleveland as well, but if Bynum doesn't work out and they cut him- are they really a contender? If Bynum DOES work out like they hope...then would they have room to sign LeBron? I don't think so.

In regards to the Laker thing- I understand its a long shot. Hell even my scenario of Randolph he'd had to take a 8.5 million dollar pay cut or so to make it work considering he has a PO for over 16 mil next year (which he'd never opt out of).

However, the appeal of the LA Lakers will interest him at the very least. If the Lakers DID re-sign Kobe...it'd be impossible for them to build any type of team around the two of them as they'd almost reach the cap with 4 guys (don't forget Kobe has stated he won't take a pay cut).

If the Lakers decided to part ways with Kobe at years end and fire D'Antoni (duh)...they could offer Calipari whatever he wanted to get him out of Kentucky...perhaps be in possession of a lottery pick in this year's very very very loaded draft..the ability to bring in other FAs to put next to LeBron and make Nash a premier spot up shooter...

Admit it- it has its appeal.

OK I'll give all the speculation a rest.