The 2013 Season Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Has Cutler regressed this year?

He has an 88 rating this year compared to about 86 his two seasons under Martz. With Martz he was what was considered the worst offensive line in the NFL over that two year span of time, and Knox was his number one receiver. He now has a decent offensive line, and Marshall, Jeffery, and Bennett to throw to. Yet statistically he is about the same as he was when surrounded by little talent.

Honestly, his numbers would be horrible right now without his three garbage time touchdown drives against Detroit and New Orleans. Really, those junk time touchdown drives are the only thing keeping his numbers above where they were under Da Tice last year.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
My God, some of you people are complete morons. Dump Cutler? Really? And who do you have in mind for a replacement? Draft a QB? Well, they've done that successfully all of one time in the last 50 years...so good luck with that. The only QB that has won more than Cutler was McMahon and he had just a few things going for him that Cutler doesn't like the best defense in NFL history, a great offensive line and the greatest HB in Bear history. Other than Mac, name one Bear QB in the last 50 years thats better than Cutler....you can't because there isn't one. Obviously, Chicago has never been a QB factory so when you get your hands on one, you might want to consider holding on to him.

But you can't blame the current regime in charge (Emery/Trestman) for the failures of the past.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm willing to be that the Lions and Saints didn't consider those TD drives "garbage time".

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:
cutler is way over rated by bears fans.

big fuckin deal he's tough. hes not clutch, always shits the bed when it matters most.

not entirely his fault though.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

big fuckin deal he's tough. hes not clutch, always shits the bed when it matters most.

Yeah, he just led the team into a few 4th quarter game winning drives this year. No big deal. He also, realistically, did enough to win the game yesterday. It was obvious he was hurt, but he still did enough to win. Sure he has not played his best, but it is fans like you that make Chicago not deserve a quarterback. Do us all a favor and find a new team.

lmoney23

Liked Posts:

Not saying you arent correct about being over rated by Bears fans, but he definitely hasnt regressed!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, he just led the team into a few 4th quarter game winning drives this year. No big deal. He also, realistically, did enough to win the game yesterday. It was obvious he was hurt, but he still did enough to win. Sure he has not played his best, but it is fans like you that make Chicago not deserve a quarterback. Do us all a favor and find a new team.
those 4th quarter comebacks don't matter because the opposing D was "playing prevent and smiling"

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Jay just needs a rebuilt groin. More pelvic thrusts with Kristin to toughen it up he'll be fine, plus we have a bonafide #2 QB that can win us a ballgame, just need to use him during Jays rebuild. is all.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Since he is 10th in game winning drives for active QB's you seem to be ignorant of factual information available to you.

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:

fans like me? the fact I want a better quarterback then rex Grossman 2.0?
I've always been a supporter of jay but man its the same fucking excuse year after year. I hoped he was going earn a new contract but in my eyes he's easily replaceable when mccown can come in the game and play to the same level of skill.

but yeah fans like you can go follow cutler next year when he gets the big pay day from Oakland or Jacksonville.

mecha

Liked Posts:
So you think Cutler has been trying too hard and this is the cause of his regression?

I reckon he's referring to the OPs flawed analysis. I thought that season under Tice was his regression period. From week 1 this year I saw, and I'm sure a lot of other people saw, that we finally had an offense to watch that didn't constantly go 3 and out. It looked much like something other teams have had that the Bears did not for a very long time. So in that regard, no, Cutler did not regress this year. If dude wasn't so beat up there's probably at least the Redskins game and yesterdays game that could've been wins instead. And we'd still be talking about what a genius Trestman is.

I don't really know what the expectation is, I mean he was on pace for a good year, he's missed some action the past month.. Its not like they've been playing the Jaguars or Bucs.

Status
Not open for further replies.