Could you GM the Bears?

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This reminds me of Richard Nixon "declaring victory" at the end of the Vietnam. Good stuff.

I don't see a declaration of victory. I see a summary of mostly terrible posting in this thread. You seem like a smart guy, you can't really think much of the quality of the reasoning even if you agree with the conclusion.

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I could be a gm but I don't really feel like it

Nick80

I could be a gm but I don't really feel like it

Ole69. Third year starter and looking like a surefire hall of famer. Leadership qualities begining to show through, pushes people and has outed at least two or three on a couple of floundering CCS past lineups. Knows the weak link and attacks.

"69 is one major part of the foundation of a team with the arrow pointing up. Skipped climbing the pocket, went rogue and it's paying dividends. Last years 'Cut to the Quick' king, more Superlatives to come from real a blue chipper''

JohnMadden_Kambo_8640728_400.jpg

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
lmao nick

Nick80

lmao nick

Mr McGibblets aka H4ORY. A team guy. Support all over the board. Salt of the Earth. A real 'Thankbanger' Brings that thanks on all the posts. Started slowly but now into his strides. All four phases of posting are solid with a penchent for knowing how to finish.

"McGibblets is a real team guy. The kinda guy that will run all day, a real box to box kinda poster & if he 'Thankbangs' you, you know about it. Moves on moves too. Remeber Tim Shaw? I didn't think so. That's what McGibblets does. Could well be an end of season starter with this progression. Exciting six months lay ahead. A sleeper in the open."

4342878.jpg

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mr McGibblets aka H4ORY. A team guy. Support all over the board. Salt of the Earth. A real 'Thankbanger' Brings that thanks on all the posts. Started slowly but now into his strides. All four phases of posting are solid with a penchent for knowing how to finish.

"McGibblets is a real team guy. The kinda guy that will run all day, a real box to box kinda poster & if he 'Thankbangs' you, you know about it. Moves on moves too. Remeber Tim Shaw? I didn't think so. That's what McGibblets does. Could well be an end of season starter with this progression. Exciting six months lay ahead. A sleeper in the open."

4342878.jpg

Best Friday ever

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I base my belief that I could learn the job because I have experience learning and would have unlimited time to work and study nothing but football as an NFL GM and would have all the resources available to all NFL GMs.

:lmao: Wow, this might be the dumbest shit I've ever read on here and that's saying something... "I have experience learning and would have unlimited time".... are you fucking kidding me hahahahahahaha.

As for the idea that nobody would work for me, the scouts would keep working because people like paychecks. The coaches would work because they also like paychecks. I know, from experience, that when you call from the right number, people take your calls and answer your questions.

HAHAHAHAHA priceless. Yeah because it's not like those people couldn't get paychecks working elsewhere or anything, with the added bonus of working for someone who actually know what the fuck they're doing. Talk about delusional. I just love this logic that people will simply be willing to work for some completely unqualified guy off the street with no experience in the business or talents of any kind other than he has "experience learning and unlimited time". You obviously have no clue how things work in the real world. Talented people don't just stick around to work for clueless idiots when they have other options. All the "experts" you think will be willing to do all the work while you to take all the credit will simply leave for greener pastures. The only people who will be willing to work for someone like you will be equally unqualified morons. Thus I have no doubts in saying you would suck as a GM as the support structure you require will simply not exist in the manner you think it will.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Phil's hands were tied from the start because the Bears didn't want to pay the final year of Lovie's contract and not have him coaching. So yeah, Phil added little to the 2012 win total, but what did you expect him to do in one offseason where he wasn't allowed to make any major changes? It would be like drafting a QB #1, have him sit on the bench his rookie year behind the vet starter, then at the end of the year you ask the rookie QB "what have you been doing all year??".

Two things. One, the natural cycle of NFL teams had the Bears on the downturn. So to expect them to improve upon a 10 win season in which everyone was healthy (for the most part) and the Bears had a pretty easy schedule is probably a bit optimistic. Two, I thought Emery did enough to have the Bears in the playoffs. I put the blame on Trestman for missing the postseason. His decision in the Vikings game directly cost the Bears a postseason bid. His decision to bench McCown possibly cost the Bears a postseason bid. I think if the Bears made the postseason last year, Emery would be viewed as more of a success. But thats JMO.

----We basically agree that Phil couldn't and didn't do much his first year. Because so much was out of the GM's hands is why I don't find it delusional that I could get similar outcome in 2012.----

----I'm not blaming him totally for MT throwing away games but 8-8 was the total. I think based on track record, Lovie gets you 8-10 wins. By standing pat at HC and making draft picks equal to Phil's drafts I likely get similar results.---

Thats usually the barometer of success for an NFL GM...do my employees take my calls?

More good stuff from you.

You misunderstood, I am talking about all of the NFL lifers who instantly want to get on the good side of an NFL GM and who will provide information at the asking. Working the phones is easy when you have the right backing. If a new GM wants Polian's advice or Dungy or Pioli, he'd have to hang up on them, not the other way around.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:lmao: Wow, this might be the dumbest shit I've ever read on here and that's saying something... "I have experience learning and would have unlimited time".... are you fucking kidding me hahahahahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHA priceless. Yeah because it's not like those people couldn't get paychecks working elsewhere or anything, with the added bonus of working for someone who actually know what the fuck they're doing. Talk about delusional. I just love this logic that people will simply be willing to work for some completely unqualified guy off the street with no experience in the business or talents of any kind other than he has "experience learning and unlimited time". You obviously have no clue how things work in the real world. Talented people don't just stick around to work for clueless idiots when they have other options. All the "experts" you think will be willing to do all the work while you to take all the credit will simply leave for greener pastures. The only people who will be willing to work for someone like you will be equally unqualified morons. Thus I have no doubts in saying you would suck as a GM as the support structure you require will simply not exist in the manner you think it will.

My experience in the real world is that people hate change and that most people will stay in a management change long enough to see how the new boss treats them. You think guys with a decade with the team are going to walk out based on having a new guy read the reports?

What greener pastures, hanging out at the senior bowl, looking for a job?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
ok. time to retire this thread.

Nick80

Really the only reason to not close this thread, at this point.

DMelt. A real X's & O's poster. A 'why post two paragraphs when three lines of concise & coherent will do' kinda guy. Quality on a regular basis. A Vet. in terms of what he brings to the table and will help any ladder chasers extend if you tap into the knowledge possessed.

"Melt brings plenty of experience and a youthful exuberance to things, when needed most. Moving off the field and maybe even upstairs in the future, quality will out as ever. To put it lightly, if you can imagine a cross between Cliff Stein & a Ninja and you really haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what DMelt brings on a weekly basis. Savvy with a 'tude. Does what it says on the tin."

greg-gumbel.jpg

Nick80

ok. time to retire this thread.

Modo. Started as a walk on but earned more posting time with more and more full-on contactual posting as the last year and a half goes to show. +1.4 and still rising, may push one or two of those 'I'm safe' type posters especially with the move to giffing in the sig. Quicker than fast, but sharper than spikey. Bright eyed, bushy tailed, know how to handle himself in the thick of it.

"Modo suprised us all when the going got tough. Support on another level and knows when to hit return when the time is right. Another pocket pusher rather than ladder climber, not rogue, but not far from it. Dot the i's and cross those t's. Another full season and this former walk on will be right in amongst those who have reached the heady heights of posting top banana."

Nantz.jpg

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
nick did you already do one for rory

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can't even multi-quote correctly...and you think you could be an NFL GM? You couldn't even be a gofer for an NFL GM. "Here's your coffee...I forgot what kind you wanted so I just got you a Sanka..."

This is a devastating argument, right up there with pointing out typos on the hierarchy of message board argument.

What about the substance? Do you have anything to say that is on topic?

Nick80

nick did you already do one for rory

Yeah, it was a tip of the hat for his work in the circles in which he posts that and the tip of the hat to the PFF rating system. I could always re-visit it, his contract is up this offseason, although I don't think he knows.

Nick80

good stuff, Nick, as always.

-Cago34-. If ever there was a rogue poster, this guy fits the bill. A street fighter in a phonebox type of poster. Quick, edgey & sharp. His last year was chequred with an incident with Lima beans but it was all false, a misunderstanding finished last year and started the new year strong. Improves with every month. Knows how to slip in, snipe, and get out. Classic 'bants' but always ready to do the grunt work. If only every board could boast a Poster like this.

"-Cago34- moving into this offseason has established his niche, jack of all trades and a master of them too. Quick off the draw, his ability to draw the double post and still break away speaks volumes towards this posters expansive vision. Improves hand over fist and when he puts his mind to it suprises even the best posters. Don't sleep on this guy, if he were to move on, you couldn't replace him."

simms_bio.jpg