Liked Posts:
Luck was healthy last year.

Obviously not this year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cutler wouldn't be insulted being compared to Luck.

To this year's version of Luck, he would be. Luck has been terrible this year. Period.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are much larger problems in Indy than Pep. I believe I heard Pagano say something to the effect that Luck should be used to not having an offensive line by now when asked about the O line woes.

I think the problem is personnel, along with coaching staff.

Pagano: "Been the case for 3 years now, hasn't it not? Should be more than comfortable dealing with it"

Don't know how Pep got all the blame for that.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not to mention the GM hasn't done a good job of fixing the O line.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still don't buy the Cutler coach killer thing. Shanahan had a string of weak years, team parted ways. okay. Ron Turner sucked, and so much I might add, the team couldn't even get a legit OC to work with Lovie Smith. okay. Martz was doing TV for a couple years and decided to get back into it. purely a scheme and system thing, he was too F-ing bullheaded for the job, and the story we probably never hear is how that clashed with Lovie. so he leaves. Tice was a jerkoff that never should've been an OC, and like Shanahan before, franchise got sick of Lovie's shit and fired everyone. Trestman just sucked, and it showed with how the entire team was total shit. that's nothing to do with Cutler.

but that's cool, the narrative that Cutler sabotaged 2 teams and wrecked them from the inside out is actually quite compelling just because he looks like a smug prick on the sidelines. oh, and he has no heart. yet he trucks into defenders when he doesn't need to just to get a first or score.

you can criticize his play, he hasn't lived up to the promise he was supposed to bring, but I don't see a reason to attack his character or insist he's a coach killer. he's been through like 5 offenses with this team in 6 years (7 seasons) and he always has positive things to say about everyone. he never buries anyone in the media. he always owns up in press conferences. what more do you want?

This, I always roll my eyes at the dumbass fans that question his toughness or his character. Far too many people eat up what the media serves them up instead of actually paying attention to the on goings to form their own opinion. I am hard pressed to believe there are many other quarterbacks that would have survived the mental and physical beating Cutler has withstood in Chicago without losing their shit and/or throwing people under the bus.

As for the topic at hand, the Colts / Andrew Luck...I am supremely happy to see Colts fans eating shit right now. I have many friends that live in Indiana and particularly Indianapolis. They, just like the analysts and commentators, had anointed Andrew Luck as the next coming of Peyton Manning. Well, guess what? He isn't. I also find it insanely hilarious how they are crying about their offensive line, which is not playing up to snuff, but I actually had two friends claim that the Colts' offensive line has been worse than the Bears' offensive line in the last decade. I told them they were batshit crazy and should try watching something other than Colts football from time to time. Then they got real salty at me and started pulling out random stats like 60some odd variations of offensive linemen played on their line in the past years. I shut them up real fast when I said we have shuffled our offensive line more times than a card deck at a Vegas blackjack table and reminded them of the Giants game in which the offensive line gave up 9 sacks in half a game and got Cutler murdered with a concussion.

jc456

Liked Posts:
There are much larger problems in Indy than Pep. I believe I heard Pagano say something to the effect that Luck should be used to not having an offensive line by now when asked about the O line woes.

Pagano: "Been the case for 3 years now, hasn't it not? Should be more than comfortable dealing with it"

so let's see, having a fked up line gives a QB the excuse to be bad, unless of course the QB's initials are Jay Cutler.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so let's see, having a fked up line gives a QB the excuse to be bad, unless of course the QB's initials are Jay Cutler.

No it does not. However, I've not seen one press conference where any Bears coach has stood up and said, "hey Cutler, you should be used to getting pounded by now!"

It's one thing for us fans to bring up the O line, but when a coach says that, it is acknowledging A) that the line stinks and B) don't expect us to do anything about it.

Once I see someone representing Halas Hall step forward and say what Pagano said, I'll then join in the Cutler discussions regarding O line, but it hasn't, nor should it ever happen.

Someone just threw a lit match into a dumpster down in Indy.......

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

jc456

Liked Posts:
No it does not. However, I've not seen one press conference where any Bears coach has stood up and said, "hey Cutler, you should be used to getting pounded by now!"

It's one thing for us fans to bring up the O line, but when a coach says that, it is acknowledging A) that the line stinks and B) don't expect us to do anything about it.

Once I see someone representing Halas Hall step forward and say what Pagano said, I'll then join in the Cutler discussions regarding O line, but it hasn't, nor should it ever happen.

Someone just threw a lit match into a dumpster down in Indy.......
maybe in Indianapolis they are similar to the Bears except they say it out loud.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think the Oline has been a nice surprise this year. How many sacks did they allow last week?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the Oline has been a nice surprise this year. How many sacks did they allow last week?

How much does that have to do with ourQV's much improved pocket presence?

jc456

Liked Posts:
Luck was healthy last year.

Obviously not this year.

how do you know he's not healthy. he's faking it, he's a douche not tough, can't compete, using pain as his weakness.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That does play a part in it...he's finally stepping up instead of backpedaling into a sack.

Incorrect. He would be back pedalling and throw off his back foot and throw an interception

jc456

Liked Posts:
The oline has been good enough to finally create a pocket to step up in. Funny stuff.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Incorrect. He would be back pedalling and throw off his back foot and throw an interception

I remember last year when he'd run out of the pocket to back into a sack...that was so Trestman-like

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

That was a shot at Grigson, their GM.