Forte ain't happy...

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why did you guys fuck up my thread about Decatur?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm really surprised at the correlation a few here are willing to make between Bennet, Marshall, and Forte. The former 2 were TRADED because of supposed character issues. The latter was LET WALK because of his age, and the position he plays.

Stop grouping the 3. Please.

They're all related to taking the pressure off Jay. Marshall put a lot of weight on Cutler's shoulders when he had those three as targets. Now Cutler can relax without the pressure of being expected to be MVP.

Pace is operating at a high level right now.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Pace explained at the owner's meeting yesterday why the Bears went after Andersen. They expected Andersen to earn a high tender offer from the Broncos and had absolutely no plans to go after him. John Elway didn't offer the tender and the Bears went hard after an opportunity they didn't think was going to present itself. Elway fucked up and had to pay $3.5-million more than he wanted after not tendering Andersen. Elway didn't want to lose Andersen and completely underestimated the market for a 25-year-old RB.

Pace made Elway pay for his own ego it's what good GMs do, take advantage of others' mistakes. Another good idea a GM doesn't panic on draft day and doesn't hold onto old players with a limited shelf life who can hold back the development of Langford and Carey.

Pace is operating at a high level right now.
Nonsense. A GMs job is to make his team better not to jerk around with other GMs to make them "pay".

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
1) Forte is acting like a bitch and using social media to do it.

2) Anderson is a lot younger with less tread on the tires. Forte is old by RB standards.

3) Fox loves Anderson and I think that offer by Pace was at Fox's request. He's a damn good player and he's in the prime of his career.

I mentioned this in another thread but Forte pulled this same 'woe is me' shit a few years back when he wanted a bigger contract. He whined to the media and played victim.

I like Forte, but dude just shut up and move on. Pace was upfront and honest with you that he wasn't offering you a contract.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Pace has shit for brains. You overestimate him

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forte should be a Bear.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Forte is best stallion in the bears running back stable in the team history , but no. Coaches move on, new GM doesn't even offer contract which is disrespecting. Dumbcuke move.

disliked your ass

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How old is C.J Anderson? If he is younger than Forte I can see why they rwent for him especially since he was in denver.

I see he is 25 years old and already a pro bowler

Prob. been said already but without reading 4 pages on this topic I was surprised to see that Forte has over 2000 touches if not carries?....to only 320 some by CJ. That's nearly 7 times as much mileage on the tires. It's NOT just an age thing.

Sure another year or two would be great, but Bears weren't wanting to lowball him or get tied into multiple year or even guarantees and Pace has clearly stated many times he wants players in their prime or entering their prime not just for performance reasons but contracts. Paying big name vets kills the future. Ask the Pats on one side and ask the Redskins on the other how that's going for them.

Forte was paid VERY WELL at the time he signed his last deal and everybody rejoiced. I hate that he's gone too, but wish him well and hope that Zeke drops to #11 even if all that's said about him is true.

side note: If Zeke really wants to rejoin his college coach now Bears RB coach, he should make up some crap to drop his draft stock, ha.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Prob. been said already but without reading 4 pages on this topic I was surprised to see that Forte has over 2000 touches if not carries?....to only 320 some by CJ. That's nearly 7 times as much mileage on the tires. It's NOT just an age thing.

Sure another year or two would be great, but Bears weren't wanting to lowball him or get tied into multiple year or even guarantees and Pace has clearly stated many times he wants players in their prime or entering their prime not just for performance reasons but contracts. Paying big name vets kills the future. Ask the Pats on one side and ask the Redskins on the other how that's going for them.

Forte was paid VERY WELL at the time he signed his last deal and everybody rejoiced. I hate that he's gone too, but wish him well and hope that Zeke drops to #11 even if all that's said about him is true.

side note: If Zeke really wants to rejoin his college coach now Bears RB coach, he should make up some crap to drop his draft stock, ha.

Loved Forte but thought he was overpaid on his last deal. Going rate at the time and a few RBs benefitted but it was a lot for anyone not AP. Not too many extended deals that still seem high when they're over.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He fit exactly what they wanted in a RB. They let him walk because he is 30. It had absolutely nothing to do with his play style or what kind of back he is. Don't be so dense.

Please, do tell... how exactly did Forte "not fit"? I won't hold me breath for an acceptable response, because I enjoy living.

I didn't know you spoke to Pace and Fox for them to tell you the reason they let him walk.....now that's impressive and please tell us what else they told you??

He's a better pass catcher then he is a runner and it's been that way for a while. Fox likes the RB's that can run it up the middle (which Forte is bad at) and can actually run away from defenders (which Forte can't do) with some speed and can make great cuts and turn a corner (which Forte can't do). I don't know if you know this but there's different types of RB's that have their own styles and things they're good and bad at and M.Forte and CJ Anderson are two totally different RB's and Fox would rather have the CJ Anderson style RB more than the M.Forte style RB.

If you need anything else just let me know.

By the way, i never said him being 30 had nothing to do with them letting him go but i'm saying it wasn't the only reason like you seem to think you know but you don't know.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
One bad drop and he's labeled as stone hands? Langford more than redeemed himself with his ability to catch the football.

He had more than one bad drop. You should watch the games.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I didn't know you spoke to Pace and Fox for them to tell you the reason they let him walk.....now that's impressive and please tell us what else they told you??

He's a better pass catcher then he is a runner and it's been that way for a while. Fox likes the RB's that can run it up the middle (which Forte is bad at) and can actually run away from defenders (which Forte can't do) with some speed and can make great cuts and turn a corner (which Forte can't do). I don't know if you know this but there's different types of RB's that have their own styles and things they're good and bad at and M.Forte and CJ Anderson are two totally different RB's and Fox would rather have the CJ Anderson style RB more than the M.Forte style RB.

If you need anything else just let me know.

By the way, i never said him being 30 had nothing to do with them letting him go but i'm saying it wasn't the only reason like you seem to think you know but you don't know.

Turning the corner and making one-cut moves is what Forte made his name on. That, and catching the ball out the backfield. You prove your ignorance of the sport every time your fingers start typing.

"I didn't know you spoke to Pace and Fox for them to tell you the reason they let him walk.....now that's impressive and please tell us what else they told you??"

Ironic, considering YOU'RE the one that said they let him walk because he "isn't the type of RB Fox wanted" ... did he tell you that? What else did they tell you during your lunch together? :lmao:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Loved Forte but thought he was overpaid on his last deal. Going rate at the time and a few RBs benefitted but it was a lot for anyone not AP. Not too many extended deals that still seem high when they're over.

You can't be serious. If anyone on the Bears has outplayed their contracts (both times) it's Forte.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Turning the corner and making one-cut moves is what Forte made his name on. That, and catching the ball out the backfield. You prove your ignorance of the sport every time your fingers start typing.

"I didn't know you spoke to Pace and Fox for them to tell you the reason they let him walk.....now that's impressive and please tell us what else they told you??"

Ironic, considering YOU'RE the one that said they let him walk because he "isn't the type of RB Fox wanted" ... did he tell you that? What else did they tell you during your lunch together? :lmao:

Hahahaha holy shit you're dumb. I'm now wondering why i even reply to anything you say cause your football knowledge is that of a 12 year old.....maybe 10 year old. Forte is not great at turning a corner or at least he can't turn a corner the way CJ Anderson or J.Langford can turn a corner and i know you have reading problems but i said catching the ball is his best part of his game and always has been. Ok clown, who's a better runner out of M.Forte and CJ.Anderson?? Not catching the ball but runner.

Geesh i'm starting to feel like i'm a Forte hater which couldn't be further from the truth cause i love M.Forte (no homo) and everything he's been and given to my Chicago Bears.

Damn it you're dumb though. lol

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hahahaha holy shit you're dumb. I'm now wondering why i even reply to anything you say cause your football knowledge is that of a 12 year old.....maybe 10 year old. Forte is not great at turning a corner or at least he can't turn a corner the way CJ Anderson or J.Langford can turn a corner and i know you have reading problems but i said catching the ball is his best part of his game and always has been. Ok clown, who's a better runner out of M.Forte and CJ.Anderson?? Not catching the ball but runner.

Geesh i'm starting to feel like i'm a Forte hater which couldn't be further from the truth cause i love M.Forte (no homo) and everything he's been and given to my Chicago Bears.

Damn it you're dumb though. lol

Actually he was completely correct. Forte was at his best turning the corner and making cuts. He's one of the best one cut backs in recent years, as well as being an excellent receiver. You don't produce consistently like he did year after year behind bad lines on shitty offenses if you're just a mediocre back who can catch.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Holy cringe. You might be the first person I've ever put on ignore. Congrats, I suppose.

Don't worry guys, Langford was "turning corners" en route to a 3.6 YPC last year. Can't find any stats from last year for rushes outside the tackles, but 2 years ago Forte was 3rd in the NFL in that category with 5.76 ypc. But ya know, he can't turn a corner.

:aj: