Trubisky or Garoppolo Right Now.

Who do you like at this very early point?

• Dear Sweet Mitchell

Votes: 39 51.3%
  • Home Town Jimmy

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Me

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Kevin, he's my neighbor, good dude

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Rex

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Jay

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spartan

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes to your point about qbs showing something early on. Every player, any position has a different level of catching on to the pro game. Different intangibles are there for each player. O. Kreutz sucked his rookie season, so did Peanut.

So each of those qbs you mentioned showed something in their rookie season. MT has shown some great passes for completions, not enough proof for some people, ok ...but he has not done anything to be written off yet either.

He's shown some terrible passes along with terrible footwork as well as some great footwork. Holds on to the ball to long, isn't reading defenses supposedly one of the toughest things for a rook qb to learn? So he has to read the coverage and decide whether or not the crappy wr can make a play. He hasn't thrown a lot of picks.

I havn't seen enough to think he will bust, contrary to some who are already judging him this early that he will. If he comes out of the gate poorly next year then it may be time to go to the ledge. This is just a learning year.
I realize you'll always have your late bloomers or those who just take a little longer to get it but any QB who makes it to the NFL can show you good passes here and there, so that's no real cause for optimism. Geno Smith once had a game against Miami with 3 TDs and a perfect rating of 158.3 but I wouldn't want him as my QB.

I'm not calling Trubisky a bust at this point. I am saying it would be wise to bring in another QB, with your next coaching staff, to compete. I'm not seeing the things in Trubisky that warrant the feel on this board that he'll eventually come around and be a real good QB.

Spartan

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you're saying it's Trubisky's fault he isn't throwing more?

At 8 games in, Manning completed 161/292 for 1873, 11 TD and 16 Ints, with 33 yds rushing.

At 8 games in, Trubisky is 106/193 for 1237, 5 TD and 4 Ints with 194 yds rushing.

If we even it out by pass attempts based on the current numbers (you :

160/292 for 1868, 7.5 TD and 6 Ints for Trubisky.

The only statistical difference would be TD and Ints. Yardage would be almost the same. Note that at this point, Manning was also at 1 TD to 1.5 Int ratio.

Manning also had Marving Harrison and Marshall Faulk to start his career. They accounted for 7 of those 11 TD's Peyton had in his first 8 games.

I'm not, in any way, trying to say Trubisky is as good as Peyton. I'm just pointing out that after 8 games, it's not like Peyton was leaps and bounds ahead. It took him time. Year 2 was a big jump for him. Heck, even over his last 8 games of his rookie season, things started looking a lot better.
Really, you saw it in year 1 with Peyton. He could move the ball at will and you could assume he'd get those Ints way down after a year of experience. With Trubisky, we just see the Bears offense is, by far, the worst in the league.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny, you point to a site called bear googles on with your own Bear goggles on.

Funny watch the damn play and u can see what is mentioned

Yup so pro Mitch

Trubisky’s biggest issue has been his failure to make reads. He also has little pocket awareness right now, and his first instinct is to leave the pocket. However, after half of a season in the NFL, there are signs that things are starting to come together in his mental processing. His touchdown pass in Week 13 against the 49ers showed his improvement.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really, you saw it in year 1 with Peyton. He could move the ball at will and you could assume he'd get those Ints way down after a year of experience. With Trubisky, we just see the Bears offense is, by far, the worst in the league.

Lmao like u watched him

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

LOL. People like you would be calling Peyton a bust and you know it.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Stop. He is better. I wasn't being hyperbolic when I said only Trubisky's family and a section of homer Bears fans don't understand that Watson is better. He is. Everyone knows it. You arguing to the contrary means that you think if Trubisky was on the Texans then he would be smashing rookie records and would have been on his way to an MVP caliber season. Please, for the love of god, just stop.

At some point you have to take into account his injury. He ain't better than anyone right now cuz he ain't playing. He had a serious knee injury in College, and he's had one in his rookie year. Actually being on the playing field is part of the equation even if he's the next freakin Joe Montana.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Lmao like u watched him

I remember watching Manning as a rookie, some WTF rookie moments and tons of talent. I would love to see more from Mitchell in the last four games, just out of selfishness, I'm not a professional talent evaluator. I hope the front office sees enough to make a call on QB moving forward. You can't just call 12 games a meaningless mulligan, this is the NFL, off season, OTA's, mini camps, training camp, preseason, then 12 starts. Professional talent evaluators should either have some sort of evaluation on him after all that, or get fired.

By the end of the season Pace has to have some idea if Trubisky is a franchise QB or not. If Trubisky is not, figure out plan B.

Goff looked like a dumpster fire as a rookie, but the Rams GM and professional talent evaluator Les Snead saw enough to know Goff was a franchise QB that needed a coach and some weapons, he figured that out with only 7 starts. He got Goff what he needed, seems to be working so far. That is how it's supposed to work, guys that evaluate talent for a living and know what they are doing figure this shit out, while idiots want to give the GM a pass because it is only one season. Les Snead and the Rams knew they had their QB, the rest of the world was uncertain, but the Rams spent a whole season with the kid so they knew. The Rams didn't draft another QB in 2017, they drafted a couple WR's and a TE, and also hired what looks like a good coach.

It would be great if Pace got our QB and can draft weapons and protection in 2018. It would be sad but important to admit if Trubisky might not be the guy, and continue the search.

Please don't say professional talent evaluators learn nothing by spending an entire season with a guy that started 12 games, we know that is not true. Look at the Rams.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
At some point you have to take into account his injury. He ain't better than anyone right now cuz he ain't playing. He had a serious knee injury in College, and he's had one in his rookie year. Actually being on the playing field is part of the equation even if he's the next freakin Joe Montana.

As annoying as it will be to listen to Watson's CCS fluffers..... I hope the kid gets healthy. He's a good dude and great for the league. You do have a point though.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I remember watching Manning as a rookie, some WTF rookie moments and tons of talent. I would love to see more from Mitchell in the last four games, just out of selfishness, I'm not a professional talent evaluator. I hope the front office sees enough to make a call on QB moving forward. You can't just call 12 games a meaningless mulligan, this is the NFL, off season, OTA's, mini camps, training camp, preseason, then 12 starts. Professional talent evaluators should either have some sort of evaluation on him after all that, or get fired.

By the end of the season Pace has to have some idea if Trubisky is a franchise QB or not. If Trubisky is not, figure out plan B.

Goff looked like a dumpster fire as a rookie, but the Rams GM and professional talent evaluator Les Snead saw enough to know Goff was a franchise QB that needed a coach and some weapons, he figured that out with only 7 starts. He got Goff what he needed, seems to be working so far. That is how it's supposed to work, guys that evaluate talent for a living and know what they are doing figure this shit out, while idiots want to give the GM a pass because it is only one season. Les Snead and the Rams knew they had their QB, the rest of the world was uncertain, but the Rams spent a whole season with the kid so they knew. The Rams didn't draft another QB in 2017, they drafted a couple WR's and a TE, and also hired what looks like a good coach.

It would be great if Pace got our QB and can draft weapons and protection in 2018. It would be sad but important to admit if Trubisky might not be the guy, and continue the search.

Please don't say professional talent evaluators learn nothing by spending an entire season with a guy that started 12 games, we know that is not true. Look at the Rams.

So you're going to trust Pace even if you disagree with him?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So you're going to trust Pace even if you disagree with him?

I'm not sold on Pace yet but I want him to be a genius, at least a genius on MT. I'm not expecting a Rams style one year worst to first turnaround, but I want Pace to know what he has after week 17. Draft accordingly in 2018, weapons and protection if Pace believes MT is the man. I have to trust him, I'm too old to go through three more GM's.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I absolutely wanted Mahomes or Watson but stated I would back any QB Pace identified as his guy and drafted. Much of the hand wringing and criticism of Trubisky is laughable. He’s doing fine considering his current level of experience, coaching staff and supporting cast. The kid is tough, talented, works hard and has a great attitude. Characteristics that rarely lead to failure... The fact that these discussions are taking place at this stage is beyond football stupid. However, there is plenty of that in the fan base and on this forum.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Garoppolo isn't signed or under contract, but looks to take advantage and cash in on a desperate team. Could be franchised for a cool $24M guaranteed - Could be Mike Glennon on steroids fail-

and

Watson looks like he is pretty fragile - Possible weak sister and might not finish out his rookie contract-

Pace is looking pretty good

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Garoppolo isn't signed or under contract, but looks to take advantage and cash in on a desperate team. Could be franchised for a cool $24M guaranteed - Could be Mike Glennon on steroids fail-

and

Watson looks like he is pretty fragile - Possible weak sister and might not finish out his rookie contract-

Pace is looking pretty good

Garoppolo is not Mike Glennon. Pace has the least proven and, at this point, the least good of the three QBs.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Well Jimmy G was throwing to dudes with 5-7 yard cushions all game and failed to get a touchdown. I'm fine with Mitch idk what people are expecting out of him in his rookie year with this shit show of a team.

Close thread after this post. No need to go on. Not sure wtf people want either. Didnt Peyton Manning throw 65 interceptions his rookie season? No, im not saying hes going to be PM someday.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Garoppolo is not Mike Glennon. Pace has the least proven and, at this point, the least good of the three QBs.

DeShea McWatson is heading down the path of a few of our first rounders. Kevin White comes to mind...Another "there is always next year" guy

Garoppolo has proven nothing other than he was injured after 2 games and replaced by Brissett very easily...And he wont be cheap - Bad Risk

Last edited:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can’t wait for that!

I’m sure BillWade will be posting them soon.

tenor.gif