Trubisky or Garoppolo Right Now.

Who do you like at this very early point?

• Dear Sweet Mitchell

Votes: 39 51.3%
  • Home Town Jimmy

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Me

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Kevin, he's my neighbor, good dude

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Rex

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Jay

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So like 5 to 6 games and in that time people on this board were evaluating his play like they are now with Tribs. Umm ok...I saw him like 4 times and at no time was I like....oh shit this guy will be amazing. As a matter fact I saw his first game and he had multiple turnovers against Marino....I remember that...I also remember a guy named Charlie Batch outperforming him and Leaf early on with the Lions.

Point is we have watched every snap of Mitch...acting like they did it with Manning is comical. Also what is their age? We're they watching sports with their keen eye? Doubt it.

Give it a break, people watched Manning play as a rookie, for some bizarre reason this fact upsets you. If you feel better believing that I'm lying about games I watched in 1998, that's okay, it's incredibly strange, but you should do whatever you have to do.

Good luck man.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As someone who followed the team that lost out on manning and got leaf, I can tell you that the Colts were a frequent television darling- aired frequently... watched him frequently wishing the Chargers had gotten him.
It helped that the number one pick played Marino, Bledsoe, Young, Testeverde, Flutie, and Leaf in the early part of the season.
There was a shit ton of draw to the indy games.
That, plus being one state away, I dont find it at all a stretch to believe many here watched a lot of his games in year one.

Manning was a real media darling, he was all over everything. Then you had Leaf imploding throwing temper tantrums, yelling at reporters in the locker room, teammates hold him back from killing the media. So of course the media ran with the whole Manning Vs. Leaf controversy which started well before the draft with 'who should go first' and as the season wore on it became 'good Vs. evil' Manning the calm, respectful, bright, good guy and Leaf the rude, unstable, maniac, who's own teammates hated him. That shit was made for TV, the media ate it up.

Pro tip to all you kids out there, don't try to beat up the media as a rookie, they remember that shit.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Don't act like this is just my opinion, it was common knowledge every NFL analyst, coach, player, fan, anyone paying any attention knew this. His own coaching staff tried to teach him to slide. The fact that RG3 did not protect himself was not a theory, it was a well known fact at the time. You didn't know about it, you missed it, get over it. There is no discussion, it is a matter of history.

"While RG3’s plunging knockdown of Harper might have sent hearts thumping on the Washington bench, it showed a recklessness, a need to prove his toughness through the kind of contact a quarterback should not want. It was the kind of thing he could never eliminate from his game, despite the pleas of too many coaches. Now it may have cost him the last great chance of his career."

So one quote from an article is now cut in stone facts, very interesting. We can all recall a few plays where cutler did the exact same thing, yet he was not injured on those events either. The fact of the matter is that the actual injuries he suffered were not when he was initiating contact like you claim he was. I have posted 3 of those said injuries yet you fail to use your eyes and you want to quote an article on someone else's opinions on the matter. You seem incapable of having thoughts of your own, and that is a bit troublesome.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So one quote from an article is now cut in stone facts, very interesting. We can all recall a few plays where cutler did the exact same thing, yet he was not injured on those events either. The fact of the matter is that the actual injuries he suffered were not when he was initiating contact like you claim he was. I have posted 3 of those said injuries yet you fail to use your eyes and you want to quote an article on someone else's opinions on the matter. You seem incapable of having thoughts of your own, and that is a bit troublesome.

Every single NFL follower, media member, coach, exec, fan, was wrong, but you are right?

You know more than RG3's head coach:

"The Washington Post reports that Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said quarterback Robert Griffin III will have to protect himself better by learning how to slide at the end of a run and throw the ball away to avoid hits"
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rg3-has-to-protect-himself-better/

"(RG3 needs to) get used to sliding, knowing when to fight for yards, when not to fight for yards," Shanahan said."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1711182-washington-redskins-qb-robert-griffin-iii-needs-to-get-down-or-get-out-in-2013

On to the Browns.

"Robert Griffin III still isn’t protecting himself, eats huge shot vs. Bills"
https://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/18/13999918/robert-griffin-iii-zach-brown-cleveland-browns-buffalo-bills

"Griffin needed to learn how to slide and find other ways to protect himself. But Griffin, both as a third- and fourth-year player, didn’t exhibit an ability to do so."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/nfl-talent-evaluators-are-divided-on-robert-griffin-iiis-future/2016/02/01/190f0f16-c916-11e5-ae11-57b6aeab993f_story.html?utm_term=.b1069dd3bb7a

That is all you're getting from me, find another football tutor, I quit.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I don't think the Watson to RG3 comparison is valid. RG3 either never learned or wanted to protect himself, he intentionally took hits, lot's of hits, many very avoidable. He broke down over time because he failed to protect himself.

This is the reason this argument started. I understand that RGIII took lots of hits, but this statement that he was intentionally taking hits is just flat out blatantly wrong. Sure you can find ONE single event where he lowered his shoulder and took a hit and someone wrote an article about it. The bottom line is that the vast majority of his injuries were not from the reason you are stating, and you can see this by watching any video clip of his injuries.

The initial knee injury that RGIII suffered is so similar to Watson that it would be silly to refute. RGIII injured in a previous game continues to play and suffers a non-contact knee injury. Watson had minor damage the previous week yet he continued playing and then in practice he gets injured while handing off in a non-contact play.

By no means am I saying that Watson = RGIII. Watson has shown far more than RGIII imo, but certainly there is much similarity in the knee injury they both suffered the first years of their career in the NFL.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Give it a break, people watched Manning play as a rookie, for some bizarre reason this fact upsets you. If you feel better believing that I'm lying about games I watched in 1998, that's okay, it's incredibly strange, but you should do whatever you have to do.

Good luck man.

Lmao how old are u?....I watched Manning like 4 times as a rookie...DIDNT EVALUATE HIM. Only thing I remember is not knowing he would be what he became. Apparently u though..who are probably in 30s..was a teen evaluating him ala pocket pres, footwork, accuracy, etc....give me a break. You are not getting that bullshit.

Also was in Academy as of Sept that year...so I couldn't pull out my pen/pad and evaluate Mannings ability to make decisions.

Last edited:

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some from CBS Sports for NFL Football: Josh Katzowitz who covered him.

Excerpt

Of course, Manning would turn into a legend, one of the best quarterbacks of all time, but until Week 12 of his rookie season, he wasn't much better than, say, Brandon Weeden as a rookie.

But it was Nov. 28 when we began to get a glimpse of the Manning of the future (and our present). The Colts at the time were 2-9, and they were headed to play a mediocre Ravens team in Baltimore

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is the reason this argument started. I understand that RGIII took lots of hits, but this statement that he was intentionally taking hits is just flat out blatantly wrong. Sure you can find ONE single event where he lowered his shoulder and took a hit and someone wrote an article about it. The bottom line is that the vast majority of his injuries were not from the reason you are stating, and you can see this by watching any video clip of his injuries.

The initial knee injury that RGIII suffered is so similar to Watson that it would be silly to refute. RGIII injured in a previous game continues to play and suffers a non-contact knee injury. Watson had minor damage the previous week yet he continued playing and then in practice he gets injured while handing off in a non-contact play.

By no means am I saying that Watson = RGIII. Watson has shown far more than RGIII imo, but certainly there is much similarity in the knee injury they both suffered the first years of their career in the NFL.

Lmao how old are u?....I watched Manning like 4 times as a rookie...DIDNT EVALUATE HIM. Only thing I remember is not knowing he would be what he became. Apparently u though..who are probably in 30s..was a teen evaluating him ala pocket pres, footwork, accuracy, etc....give me a break. You are not getting that bullshit.

Some from CBS Sports for NFL Football: Josh Katzowitz who covered him.

Excerpt

Of course, Manning would turn into a legend, one of the best quarterbacks of all time, but until Week 12 of his rookie season, he wasn't much better than, say, Brandon Weeden as a rookie.

But it was Nov. 28 when we began to get a glimpse of the Manning of the future (and our present). The Colts at the time were 2-9, and they were headed to play a mediocre Ravens team in Baltimore

Noise. RG3 didn't protect himself, TV was real in 1998. I been very generous with you two, but that's it.

The guy that doesn't think TV existed in 1998, talk to airtime143 about it, maybe he will have more patience explaining obvious things to you.

The guy that thinks RG3 did a great job protecting himself and prolonged his career with his level headed decisions, Talk to RG3's HC Mike Shanahan, because I'm pretty sure he knows more about football than either of us. You really should read his quotes (above) and learn things.

Good luck!

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Noise. RG3 didn't protect himself, TV was real in 1998. I been very generous with you two, but that's it.

The guy that doesn't think TV existed in 1998, talk to airtime143 about it, maybe he will have more patience explaining obvious things to you.

The guy that thinks RG3 did a great job protecting himself and prolonged his career with his level headed decisions, Talk to RG3's HC Mike Shanahan, because I'm pretty sure he knows more about football than either of us. You really should read his quotes (above) and learn things.

Good luck!

Because you are full of shit....its why you keep running to the lame ass tv existed crap. Since u are so clear...u have yet to say how many times......also the bs of u evaluating him like you do Trubisky. Ur comical trying to claim that crap.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because you are full of shit....its why you keep running to the lame ass tv existed crap. Since u are so clear...u have yet to say how many times......also the bs of u evaluating him like you do Trubisky. Ur comical trying to claim that crap.

That's your take away from this exchange?

Lmao like u watched him

I remember watching Manning as a rookie, some WTF rookie moments and tons of talent.

You were denying that anyone even watched him, like that that is some kind of a far fetched story. Now you realize how stupid that sounds so it suddenly becomes:

"the bs of u evaluating him like you do Trubisky. Ur comical trying to claim that crap"

I never claimed that I evaluated anything, I leave that to the pros. You made that shit up. You made a huge deal out of the fact that it was impossible to watch manning on TV his rookie season, that failed spectacularly. Now you make up the talent evaluation story to cover your ass for being an idiot.

Nice attempted transition from "TV in 1998, you liars" to "remember that time you said you evaluated Manning?" Never happened, maybe you could team up with the other random guy on RG3.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Manning was a real media darling, he was all over everything. Then you had Leaf imploding throwing temper tantrums, yelling at reporters in the locker room, teammates hold him back from killing the media. So of course the media ran with the whole Manning Vs. Leaf controversy which started well before the draft with 'who should go first' and as the season wore on it became 'good Vs. evil' Manning the calm, respectful, bright, good guy and Leaf the rude, unstable, maniac, who's own teammates hated him. That shit was made for TV, the media ate it up.

Pro tip to all you kids out there, don't try to beat up the media as a rookie, they remember that shit.

Every single NFL follower, media member, coach, exec, fan, was wrong, but you are right?

You know more than RG3's head coach:

"The Washington Post reports that Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said quarterback Robert Griffin III will have to protect himself better by learning how to slide at the end of a run and throw the ball away to avoid hits"
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rg3-has-to-protect-himself-better/

"(RG3 needs to) get used to sliding, knowing when to fight for yards, when not to fight for yards," Shanahan said."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ffin-iii-needs-to-get-down-or-get-out-in-2013

On to the Browns.

"Robert Griffin III still isn’t protecting himself, eats huge shot vs. Bills"
https://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/18...iii-zach-brown-cleveland-browns-buffalo-bills

"Griffin needed to learn how to slide and find other ways to protect himself. But Griffin, both as a third- and fourth-year player, didn’t exhibit an ability to do so."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...7b6aeab993f_story.html?utm_term=.b1069dd3bb7a

That is all you're getting from me, find another football tutor, I quit.

Dude, the biggest deal was weather his DR should have let him play after his knee injury. Sheesh ...

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude, the biggest deal was weather his DR should have let him play after his knee injury. Sheesh ...

That is the response to a Manning Vs. Leaf post? Sheeeh indeed. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well Jimmy G was throwing to dudes with 5-7 yard cushions all game and failed to get a touchdown. I'm fine with Mitch idk what people are expecting out of him in his rookie year with this shit show of a team.

See what happens when the old bat Virginia passes or is too out of it to know better, and the McKasket boys are able to bring back the Honeybear cheerleaders.

Mitchell be kissin' titties pregame and ballin' out at a new level.

mario13.gif

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's your take away from this exchange?

You were denying that anyone even watched him, like that that is some kind of a far fetched story. Now you realize how stupid that sounds so it suddenly becomes:

"the bs of u evaluating him like you do Trubisky. Ur comical trying to claim that crap"

I never claimed that I evaluated anything, I leave that to the pros. You made that shit up. You made a huge deal out of the fact that it was impossible to watch manning on TV his rookie season, that failed spectacularly. Now you make up the talent evaluation story to cover your ass for being an idiot.

Nice attempted transition from "TV in 1998, you liars" to "remember that time you said you evaluated Manning?" Never happened, maybe you could team up with the other random guy on RG3.

Lmao last time I checked, you decided to chime in when I was talking to Spartan..right or wrong? In that context you are claiming u observed his strengths and weaknesses..evaluate. So did u watch him or DID YOU WATCH HIM? Like I said you guys sit here and evaluate Tribs, yet I bring up PM in a earlier thread and the GMs were out in full.....now another poster did and Spartan was able to say....

Really, you saw it in year 1 with Peyton. He could move the ball at will and you could assume he'd get those Ints way down after a year of experience. With Trubisky, we just see the Bears offense is, by far, the worst in the league.

Yeah ok....like I said when you watched PM, you saw him on TV...you didn't look at his foot work, anticipation, pocket pres and abilitu to read defenses.

Now go back and tell us how RG3 looked for contact instead of thinking he could out run everyone and not knowing how to slide

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is just fun now.

Lmao last time I checked, you decided to chime in when I was talking to Spartan..right or wrong?

100% correct.

In that context you are claiming u observed his strengths and weaknesses..evaluate.

I did provide this in depth evaluation.

I remember watching Manning as a rookie, some WTF rookie moments and tons of talent.

So did u watch him or DID YOU WATCH HIM?

For the tenth and I hope final time, yes, I did watch Peyton Manning play in his rookie season on TV. Because TV existed in 1998.

Like I said you guys sit here and evaluate Tribs, yet I bring up PM in a earlier thread and the GMs were out in full.....now another poster did and Spartan was able to say....

You lost me.

Yeah ok....like I said when you watched PM, you saw him on TV...you didn't look at his foot work, anticipation, pocket pres and abilitu to read defenses.

Hey, that's terrific!

Now go back and tell us how RG3 looked for contact instead of thinking he could out run everyone and not knowing how to slide

That wasn't me, that was his head coach and every other person that followed the NFL, I just happen to agree with them. You should read the quotes (the link below), it was unanimous, and a big story at the time. I understand it all happened before some of you started following the NFL, that's not your fault.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/93190-Trubisky-or-Garoppolo-Right-Now?p=2913390&viewfull=1#post2913390

Spartan

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lmao last time I checked, you decided to chime in when I was talking to Spartan..right or wrong? In that context you are claiming u observed his strengths and weaknesses..evaluate. So did u watch him or DID YOU WATCH HIM? Like I said you guys sit here and evaluate Tribs, yet I bring up PM in a earlier thread and the GMs were out in full.....now another poster did and Spartan was able to say....

Really, you saw it in year 1 with Peyton. He could move the ball at will and you could assume he'd get those Ints way down after a year of experience. With Trubisky, we just see the Bears offense is, by far, the worst in the league.

I am at a loss as to why you're being so stupid about this. You act like the NFL wasn't big on TV in '98 when they've been making billions from tv for several decades. DirecTV Sunday Ticket has been around for over 20 years you know? As for me, I live in NY so if I could manage to see mostly all of Bears games back then, I certainly didn't need to struggle to see games with the top draft pick.

Then when others mention watching weekly highlights, you act like the highlights didn't show anything but their very best plays and stick up a youtube video of Ryan Leaf's highlights as if to say that's what you'd see about him on one of these highlights shows on ESPN or a number of others? WTF? If anything I remember highlights shows back then including more highlights on each game. If watching them on ESPN or something else like Inside the NFL, you got extensive highlights. Basically, you'd see everything you see on RedZone now, the good, the bad, all scoring drives and key plays.

Then, once your ignorance is proven, and it's shown it was not nearly as difficult to see as you tried to make it out, you switch it up to "you saw him on TV...you didn't look at his foot work, anticipation, pocket pres and ability to read defenses. ". WTF? I think it would be a real good time for you to abort this crazy argument.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am at a loss as to why you're being so stupid about this. You act like the NFL wasn't big on TV in '98 when they've been making billions from tv for several decades. DirecTV Sunday Ticket has been around for over 20 years you know? As for me, I live in NY so if I could manage to see mostly all of Bears games back then, I certainly didn't need to struggle to see games with the top draft pick.

Then when others mention watching weekly highlights, you act like the highlights didn't show anything but their very best plays and stick up a youtube video of Ryan Leaf's highlights as if to say that's what you'd see about him on one of these highlights shows on ESPN or a number of others? WTF? If anything I remember highlights shows back then including more highlights on each game. If watching them on ESPN or something else like Inside the NFL, you got extensive highlights. Basically, you'd see everything you see on RedZone now, the good, the bad, all scoring drives and key plays.

Then, once your ignorance is proven, and it's shown it was not nearly as difficult to see as you tried to make it out, you switch it up to "you saw him on TV...you didn't look at his foot work, anticipation, pocket pres and ability to read defenses. ". WTF? I think it would be a real good time for you to abort this crazy argument.

Yawn you didnt watch Peyton Manning ala evaluating his play...yet when the poster showed his numbers, you act like u were evaluating him....maybe u should quit trying to act like you were in 1998

Spartan

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yawn you didnt watch Peyton Manning ala evaluating his play...yet when the poster showed his numbers, you act like u were evaluating him....maybe u should quit trying to act like you were in 1998
You are bat shit crazy. WTF are you even talking about? I said he moved the offense at will. Not exactly meant to be technical evaluation as much as an observation. Observing is all fans do as watching football is for entertainment value. You seem to just be desperately searching for a way out since you've been back peddling ever since first implying it was so hard to see football games back in the dark age of 1998.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are bat shit crazy. WTF are you even talking about? I said he moved the offense at will. Not exactly meant to be technical evaluation as much as an observation. Observing is all fans do as watching football is for entertainment value. You seem to just be desperately searching for a way out since you've been back peddling ever since first implying it was so hard to see football games back in the dark age of 1998.

Lmao..says the jackass discounting a numbers comparison a poster put up that shows similar production to rookie PM.

First when they were posted you basically acted like he couldnt compare them because you watched Manning and he moved the ball at will and u could assume that his ints would be corrected....umm sounds like a mfer sitting there who saw all his ints and said well if he did this or if WR did that he would complete those. League high ints and u came to that conclusion.

Second they showed football in 1998? Weird I was wondering how I saw Payton back in 1978 and it made me like the Bears.

If u watched the Bears in 1998..that would have given you 10 opportunities to watch him...so I'll assume you watched....I mean seen him all 10.

Third maybe he moved the ball at will because he had Faulk and Harrison...u know HOF players on offense. Also a staff that let him throw a league high amount of passes so he could make mistakes and learn on the fly?

Fourth this thread started comparing a guy with 3.5 years of NFL exp...which apparantly means nothing and people talking about Mitch like he should be a seasoned vet after 8 games.

By year 3, we will know if he is worth a damn......moving the ball at will as you called it...resulted in similar statistics....nice call.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
the comparison to Peyton Manning is kind of an interesting one..

His first 8 games where..
161 of 292 for 1873yds 55% 6.41ypa 11TD and 16 INT 64.48 rate

not the best stats in the world there.. now hypothetically if the Colts had Fox and he didn't let Manning throw as much and limited his attempts like he does with Trubisky his stats would be..

PM - 107 of 193 for 1237 yards 55% 6.41ypa 7TD and 11INT 63.33rate
MT - 106 of 193 for 1237 yards 54.9% 6.4ypa 5TD and 4 INT 74.6rate

Its crazy how similar the first 8 games production is..

Bottom line is MT needs to be able to throw the ball more and learn.. let him make his rookie mistakes like Manning did and learn from it..