Report: White Sox to send Robertson, Frazier, Kahnle to Yankees

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not cracking wise here....just looking for am honest answer. Unless you're just a casual fan, which I'm not seeing.....what is the difference being a .500 team that's going nowhere or one of the worst teams that's starting over from the bottom up?

Where they are right now is because of the yearly damage done by trying to trade or buy a championship a la Kenny Williams style. Eventually, that catches up to you...that's just the way of pro sports. Hell, we saw it with the Cubs for years and the Bears are still trying to dig out from the Angelo/Emery years of clusterfucking. The old formula saying you have to either very good or very bad and you need to be very bad before you're very good....it's still legit. The one thing you don't want is yearly mediocrity....which is exactly were the Sox have been since 2005.

Nope. They have not been "mediocre" since 2005. They had some pretty good teams isnce 2005. I just do not believe in a lot of your opinions about how tanking seasons is a good "plan". Particularly when the owner of the team is a multi-billionaire. There is no reason why the White Sox did not win at least one more world championship and had gotten into the play-offs regularly since 2005 other than Reinny being a cheap ass-hole. I think that you guys just feed into his bullshit story-line about why they are doing what they are doing.

Hey, that is okay. IF you are okay with a team owner not spending the needed money to bring a winning team to Chicago, then so be it. I refuse to back a cheap-assed owner. That is just me. I do not really give a shit about some kid in single A ball who goes 3-4 in a ball game and will not follow some 2A team's players. IF you do, then more power to you. The reason why I do not is that I have had a lot of personal experience with coaching these guys in high school and JC and have watched most of them fail in the professional ranks. That is just me. I'm not saying that you are wrong in what you think is important. Rather it just isn't important to me is all. Good luck.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
FYI....attendance has been up since the All-Star break.

Yeah. I noted all of the Cub fans in attendance at Sox park. Reinny must have been really happy to see them, huh? WHat a joke he is as an owner.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just for the sake of clarity: http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm#2005payroll

The idea that Reinsdorf has been cheap with the White Sox is just plain wrong.

How can you say this. Look at the current pay-roll and tell me they aren't among the dregs in the league in terms of payroll. Even in 2005, they were not among the leaders in pay-roll. They were middle of the pack. Reinny has a ton of money but had a policy of doing half-assed measures while whining about attendance.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can write that a million times and he's not going to listen.

Do you think that this "attendance" spike(miniscule at best) is going to continue? I predict a ghost town next year.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is really funny. Talking about improved attendance, Gus? They've "drawn" less people than all but one team in the AL, namely the Rays. Even the A's are outdrawing the Sox. Yeah.... Sox fans are coming out in droves with this brand new spanking program Reinny has created, huh?

The fact is....what you think or what you want is totally irrelevant. The Sox have started this and they will ride it out. No complaining by you or anyone else is going to change that.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Do you think that this "attendance" spike(miniscule at best) is going to continue? I predict a ghost town next year.

This is really funny. Talking about improved attendance, Gus? They've "drawn" less people than all but one team in the AL, namely the Rays. Even the A's are outdrawing the Sox. Yeah.... Sox fans are coming out in droves with this brand new spanking program Reinny has created, huh?

You just can't see the forest....

dennehy

Liked Posts:

I don't care. Rebuild is on!

The only one losing $ if no one shows up is Reinny. Not sure why you aren't happy.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So I hate doing this because it's anecdotal, and I don't want to speak for any other Sox fan in this thread, but I know more Sox fans who are happy about what they are doing than not.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Seriously? What the Sox are doing is the correct way to build a team. That middling, Kenny Williams, philosophy gets you stuck in baseball purgatory. I'm not even a Sox fan and I like what they're doing. I'm hoping them and the Cubs are competitive at the same time.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So I hate doing this because it's anecdotal, and I don't want to speak for any other Sox fan in this thread, but I know more Sox fans who are happy about what they are doing than not.

Doubt it. Most Sox fans hate Reinsdorf. It is hard to put a team on the field this bad but he did it. It is hard to give away top echelon pitchers in a pitching starved league but he did it. Cy Young shoe-in Sales. Q pitching for the hated cubs. This is the Movie Major League all over again but in Chicago not Cleveland. All they need is the cardboard cut-out of fat Reinny in the locker-room. WOnder if they win 10 games before the end of the season?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't care. Rebuild is on!

The only one losing $ if no one shows up is Reinny. Not sure why you aren't happy.

If he loses money, he will move the team. Do you want that?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seriously? What the Sox are doing is the correct way to build a team. That middling, Kenny Williams, philosophy gets you stuck in baseball purgatory. I'm not even a Sox fan and I like what they're doing. I'm hoping them and the Cubs are competitive at the same time.

Interesting. Given the small amount of fans that post on the Sox Forum that two of them are Cub fans and they both like what the Sox are doing. I agree with you, I want to see both teams excelling at the same time. Given all the youth on the Cubs and the time frame of the Sox rebuild....it could really happen. This town would be crazy....the best part would be that ESPN would absolutely hate it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Gus, "Hey I know a lot of Sox fans, and I live on the south side, which is a haven for Sox fans. A lot of people I know are very excited."

Hawk, "Doubtful. Everyone hates Reinsdorf."

Gus, "Yeah, but they have a great farm system now."

Hawk, "Doubtful. Everyone hates Reinsdorf."

Gus, "I heard Reinsdorf saying the sky was blue, and grass is green."

Hawk, "Doubtful. Reinsdorf is the worst owner in all of sports."

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doubt it. Most Sox fans hate Reinsdorf. It is hard to put a team on the field this bad but he did it. It is hard to give away top echelon pitchers in a pitching starved league but he did it. Cy Young shoe-in Sales. Q pitching for the hated cubs. This is the Movie Major League all over again but in Chicago not Cleveland. All they need is the cardboard cut-out of fat Reinny in the locker-room. WOnder if they win 10 games before the end of the season?

Once again, if they are not making the playoffs....who cares? The big picture says finishing in the bottom three gives you a shot at drafting a kid like this....

[video=youtube;zXf493kQyzw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXf493kQyzw[/video]