CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Per CBS sports:The Bulls are "out of it" for now, said one executive privy to Chicago's insistence on keeping Joakim Noah and the Nuggets' refusal to take back Luol Deng. Six weeks after Anthony's advisers -- agent Leon Rose, raconteur...

Go to Source For Full Article: Bulls Confidential...

By: Doug Thonus

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Yup, had to know this was gonna happen in the end

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ.

This organization is going nowhere if we continue to value Joakim Noah over Carmelo Anthony.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Ha! I knew this would bring out all the vaginas like FirstTimer.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i dont think it's taht we're overvaluing noah, this trade had a 1% chance of going down. it didnt.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ha! I knew this would bring out all the vaginas like FirstTimer.

Good to see you're still tarding up the boards.....

Wait...didn't you have me on ignore.

i dont think it's taht we're overvaluing noah, this trade had a 1% chance of going down. it didnt.

If this report is true and half of the reason this trade didn't/couldn't/wouldn't work out is because we were unwilling to give up Noah to get Carmelo Anthony...then yes..we are drastically overvaluing Joakim.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good decision not to trade Noah for Melo!

I don´t see Melo as an bigger upgrade over Luol than Joakim is over any other big who is available.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Per CBS sports:The Bulls are "out of it" for now, said one executive privy to Chicago's insistence on keeping Joakim Noah and the Nuggets' refusal to take back Luol Deng. Six weeks after Anthony's advisers -- agent Leon Rose, raconteur...

Go to Source For Full Article: Bulls Confidential...

By: Doug Thonus

If I read that right...Denver wanted Noah...but wanted no part of Luol Deng...The trade would never work salary wise without Luol Deng.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don´t see Melo as an bigger upgrade over Luol than Joakim is over any other big who is available.

Melo is one of the Top5-10 players in the NBA. Deng isn't even one of the 10 best SF's in the NBA. WTF are you talking about? I agree losing Noah would thin out our front court more than it already is but IMO you find ways to make do. Bring back Chris Richard, swing a deal for a guy like Reggie Evans, etc etc. If you have Rose, 'Melo, and Boozer, you deal with the fact that you have to patch work together a center rotation for this season.

Last edited:

Lefty

Liked Posts:

You're...........you're fucking joking, right? This is a joke. Someone please tell me this is a joke.

Last edited:

sicko

Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ.

This organization is going nowhere if we continue to value Joakim Noah over Carmelo Anthony.

as much as I like Noah...I would have to AGREE!

Seems to me like the Bulls Organization are just happy with having the 4th or 5th best team in the East, if we want to compete with teams like Miami, Orlando and Boston then we need someone like Melo, the current team we have is BETTER then previous...BUT I still don't see them competing with the best in the East, I think we get as high as MAYBE the 4th or 5th and that is IF Boozer can stay healthy (which is doubtful)

you have a chance to land a Top 5 player in the NBA you have to do it even if it means struggling inside at Center for 1 season, you can always comeback next season and find a big man to come in and help at Center but you will not be able to just find another Star

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Denver didnt want Deng....Even if we made it Noah and Deng for Anthony...Denver said they didnt want Deng at all...that automatically axe's this deal and theres nothing left to discuss other than a Noah vs Carmelo war that well one-on-one is a no brainer..when your throw in the team concept it becomes more complicated. But we've covered that topic completely and there's really no sense in just rehasing the same idea over and over again in every Carmelo thread.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Denver didnt want Deng....Even if we made it Noah and Deng for Anthony...Denver said they didnt want Deng at all...that automatically axe's this deal and theres nothing left to discuss other than a Noah vs Carmelo war that well one-on-one is a no brainer..when your throw in the team concept it becomes more complicated. But we've covered that topic completely and there's really no sense in just rehasing the same idea over and over again in every Carmelo thread.

I agree, however the problem here isn't Denver not wanting to take Deng and his contract (I don't blame them..and we can't control that) It's the Bulls unwillingness to give up a good starting center to help acquire A top 5-10 NBA player. That mindset, regardless of Denver wanting Deng or not, shoul dbe unsettling to the fan base of the Bulls. I agree the point is moot in regards to this specific deal because of the Nuggets not wanting Deng but the fact that the Bulls would be unwilling to part with Noah for a Top 5-10 NBA player in general is troubling.

Last edited:

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I agree, however the problem here isn't Denver not wanting to take Deng and his contract (I don't blame them..and we can't control that) It's the Bulls unwillingness to give up a good starting center to help acquire A top 5-10 NBA player. That mindset, regardless of Denver wanting Deng or not, shoul dbe unsettling to the fan base of the Bulls. I agree the point is moot in regards to this specific deal because of the Nuggets not wanting Deng but the fact that the Bulls would be unwilling to part with Noah for a Top 5-10 NBA player in general is troubling.

This. I find it very unsettling that the people that are paid to know better decidedly don't know better, and have demonstrated that they too overvalue Noah.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I love Noah, but this Luol Deng all over again.

I talked about this with Hou the other night. We didn't give up Deng for Gasol because he was to valuable. We thought he was going to get better and better. Especially after the Heat series. I was one of those guys that thought he was going to keep getting better. But he didn't. 06-07 Deng was the best Deng we got, just like Gordon and Hinrich.

I just hope Noah blows up like Bulls management thinks he will. Because if Noah being a 12-12 guys is the best he'll get, the Bulls are foolish for not getting a deal done for Melo.

Excuses will be made for Bulls management, but they never get the deal done. KG, Kobe, Melo, the 2010 offseason. Excuses will be made, but the bottom line is, it's always the Bulls never getting the deal done where other team seem to.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Thank you for labeling the Top 5-10 NBA player for Carmelo..Getting sick of people saying he's a Top 5 player..He's not. Top 10 though..definitely.

I have good reasons for not wanting to trade Noah. Its harder to acquire a center of his magnitude than it is to find a good wing player. Anthony is a great wing player, but he's not a guy who will suddenly put us over the top..Not saying Noah is either and most of my not wanting to trade Noah is based on what I think Noah can become..and he may ver well never become that...but I'm going off potential for now. This upcoming season we should get a good idea.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank you for labeling the Top 5-10 NBA player for Carmelo..Getting sick of people saying he's a Top 5 player..He's not. Top 10 though..definitely.
Top 5 IMO are
Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Durant
At that point around #5 it gets odd and different people put differnt guys at #5 if people put Melo there I don't fight it much if they don't "meh" as well.

I have good reasons for not wanting to trade Noah. Its harder to acquire a center of his magnitude than it is to find a good wing player. Anthony is a great wing player,
That's the thing. Saying Noah is a center of "his magnitude" is implying he is much better than he is. Noah is a good center. He's a nice player, and a nice complimentary player to have. But in all actuality he's at best the 3rd best center in the Eastern Conference and is really just an energy player who plays defense and rebounds. Melo is a guy who is on the cusp of being a Top 5 player in the league and a franchise/game changing player. Those guys are not as easy to find and MUCH tougher to come by than a defensive/rebounding minded center.

Noah turned out to be a nice pick and develop into a nice player. And right now he's a tremendous asset in the trade market. If you can use that asset to help acquire a Top 5-10 NBA player you do it. I don't care how much he hustles, how much he rebounds or how much energy he brings. If you have a chance to help bring in a Top 5-10 NBA player in part because you have to give up a hustling defensive minded center then you do it....and you don't think twice.

It's obvious that the Bulls front line would be thin but if you can team up Rose, Melo, and Boozer you deal with the fact that your starting center position will be(more than likely) weak this year. On a night in night out basis I'd be willing to deal with Thomas/Asik/Richard etc rotating through at center would be managble if you had Rose, Melo, Boozer, Brewer, Korver, Gibson, Watson etc picking up the slack.

Plus if you are the Bulls you look at patch working something together at center after you trade Noah. Throw together a trade for a guy like Reggie Evans or some other defensive player. Give up a 1st rounder or whatever needs to be done since you feel that you will be having later 1st round draft picks over the next few years. Is it a perfect plan? No. But I'd rather be trying to patch in a rebounding big and have Melo on the team than not have Melo on the team at all.

but he's not a guy who will suddenly put us over the top
I don't think he puts us "over the top" in terms of making us a lock for the NBA Finals seeing as we have to deal with the Heat in the East for the next "x" amount of years but IMO he makes us a perennial lock to be in at least the ECF for the next "x" amount of seasons in the EC seeing as New York isn't going anywhere in a hurry. Boston is getting old and Orlando seems to be regressing a tad as well. Adding Anthony makes the Bulls a perennial 1 or 2 seed in the East rather than a team that IMO is right now that will be hovering between the 3 and 5 spots over the next few seasons.

Not saying Noah is either and most of my not wanting to trade Noah is based on what I think Noah can become..and he may ver well never become that....
That's a very dangerous,and as Bull fans have seen with Deng, Hinrich, etc, it's a stupid one as well. Noah will never be more than a 15-15 guy. That's going to be his peak. He's never going to develop an offensive game and will be an energy guy. And that's great. The kid is going to have a very long and solid NBA career...but he's not Carmelo Anthony and no matter what Noah would realistically turn into I don't think he will ever be as good as Anthony is right now or will continue to be through his prime years.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently, the deal would have never worked anyway, because of Denver's refusal to take back Luol Deng. Why even beat a dead horse? I would have liked Carmelo Anthony, at the right cost. But Chicago is still a team on the rise. As soon as Boozer steps on the floor in that uniform, you will forget you were even excited for Anthony. The pain of losing out on James and Wade is much worse than that...

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Apparently, the deal would have never worked anyway, because of Denver's refusal to take back Luol Deng. Why even beat a dead horse? I would have liked Carmelo Anthony, at the right cost. But Chicago is still a team on the rise. As soon as Boozer steps on the floor in that uniform, you will forget you were even excited for Anthony. The pain of losing out on James and Wade is much worse than that...

:obama:

Read:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently, the deal would have never worked anyway, because of Denver's refusal to take back Luol Deng.
REALLY? NO WAY!
Why even beat a dead horse? .

Learn to read: