Push for Gonzaga University coach Mark Few to replace Fred Hoiberg

ColossalChiCed66

Liked Posts:
I would like to start a movement to replace Chicago Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg with one of the top coaches in college basketball. I would like everyone to join in to replace Fred Hoiberg with Gonzaga University coach Mark Few the same way Boston was able to get one Brad Stevens from Butler University. If we're gonna have a college coach running our squad, let's make it somebody who's consistently progressed on the college level. Mark Few's squad's are constantly taking steps towards a national championship and he is also able to bring a winning culture. Everyone that's a die hard Chicago Bulls fan should do the research on Mark Few and make a conscious decision on making this happen. Boston realized it was time for some fresh competent blood to run the show and took a chance on Brad Stevens. it's definitely Mark Few turn to make an impact in the NBA. Please please please everybody come join in this movement and I guarantee our beloved Chicago Bulls will be of relevance again in about 2 to 3 years.

Last edited:

ColossalChiCed66

Liked Posts:
Just because you say it's a dumb idea doesn't make your opinion anything near credible and for all I know, you're probable a Fred Hoiberg supporter trying to stop the movement. If you're not gonna expound on your reasoning for not supporting the post, just don't comment at all. Nobody asked for your two cents anyway.

Mark Few hater!!!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think he would fare better than Fred, but if we're all just here making posts about college coaches we want, put me on the Tony Bennett wagon.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he would fare better than Fred, but if we're all just here making posts about college coaches we want, put me on the Tony Bennett wagon.

One of my buddies mentioned Tony Bennett this weekend. Said he would be a great fit for the Bulls due to his defensive mindset.

How is he compared to Thibs? Thibs seemed to wear everyone down by treating a practice like Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

Bulls are going to have plenty of offensive firepower, especially if they keep tanking this year and get a top pick next draft... but, how much defensive mindset is too much of a defensive mindset?

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Changing coaches for the Bulls is using a Band Aid to repair a fracture.

ColossalChiCed66

Liked Posts:
TonyMontana, it has to start somewhere. It can trickle on down. Anything beats what we already dont have and that's a good coach.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You should really ask yourself, with the success that Mark Few has had, why has he never gone to a program in a P5 school. Maybe, just maybe, Mark Few doesn't want to coach the Chicago Bulls. Here's a great article from him a couple years ago, and an even better quote at the end: https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/mark-fine-spotlight/story?id=29020907

He's more proud of the order that surrounds his program. He's ignored offers to coach at bigger schools with bigger budgets because he's smart enough to understand the value and rarity of what he's constructed in Spokane.

So maybe not make a campaign for a guy who would probably want the job in the first place.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Tony Bennett leaving Virginia is likely for a High-profile college job (UNC, Kansas, UK, etc). If he goes to the NBA, I see a team that has a superstar and can take that next step. Dunno if Chicago would fit. But I'd be intrigued.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
One of my buddies mentioned Tony Bennett this weekend. Said he would be a great fit for the Bulls due to his defensive mindset.

How is he compared to Thibs? Thibs seemed to wear everyone down by treating a practice like Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

Bulls are going to have plenty of offensive firepower, especially if they keep tanking this year and get a top pick next draft... but, how much defensive mindset is too much of a defensive mindset?

Just because a coach is known for one facet of the game, does not make them all the same. For instance, nobody should compare Stan Van Gundy to Steve Kerr. Bennett, unlike Thibs, is not one of those guys that relies strictly on his vets. He will experiment a lot more and he does know how to push an offense.

Last coach I wanted was Nick Nurse, and at that point he was INSIDE our system coaching the Energy. Wow, what a scounting blunder the Bulls had letting him slip by them.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I say its time for Paxson to come down and coach.

That way he can run the team how he likes since he has all these problems with rotations, minutes, culture.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I say its time for Paxson to come down and coach.

That way he can run the team how he likes since he has all these problems with rotations, minutes, culture.

It's bad enough he is the gm. But if this is his last hire I wouldn't be opposed to him. Still can't believe garpax will get a 6th hire.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
One of the more depressing things about Chicago sports fans are who they want to coach teams. Multiple people from FO (maybe even the owner) to fucking secretaries came out and talked about how he alienated 200 people in the organization. Beyond that, it's clear that Jackson is going to want a say in things, and we saw how that went over Thibs and GarPax.

It's this short term amnesia that comes with this that just frustrates me to no end. And there's no excuse for it! Positing on a message board is much more advanced than doing a simple Google search.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies

Defensive mindset? So you want Thibs all over. This is 2018, scoring is at an all time high. Even with good defensive sets you still need to be able to put up points and Bennett has a worse offense than Thibs. Yeah, lets hire the only man in history to lose to a 16th seed in the NCAAAT.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I don’t think Mark Few wants to leave where he’s at