Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The Rams fired their coach during the season last season and landed one of the hottest names in the coaching search.

The Giants fired their coach this season and will land the top candidate this season.

The Dolphins fired Joe Philbin early and landed one of the hottest names that year in Adam Gase.

Chip Kelly was fired during the season and the Eagles replaced him with a total stud.

Rex Ryan was fired during the season and the Bills landed what appears to be a great coach in Sean McDermott.

Coaches do not care when you fire the guy before them.
Then we have a pansy as our GM.

Pace convinced the Mcaskeys to spend 100 million on Halas Hall, but he can't convince them to fire John Fox 4 weeks early?
Yet none of these coaches could be or were interviewed until season's completion, so it matters not.

What is the point of firing Fox other than making you feel better?
Do you think Loggains or Fangio are potential HC's?
Do you think they are even capable of conducting themselves as a HC for 4 weeks?
What advantage do they present? Loggains can't even throw together a game plan beyond his scripted 15.
Fangio has his hands full just trying to make his defense not turn to shit.

As bad as Fox is those two could somehow even be worse in the last 4 weeks.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Why would anyone want Fox fired now. At this point he is the perfect guy for the job. A top draft pick is the only good that can come from this season. A top draft pick will be helpful when looking for a new coach. A top pick can be used on a possible elite player or a trade down to get more picks. Firing Fox now won't help us at all.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Quick! Someone go dig up the corpse of Jim Finks!!!!

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since when have the Bears ever been a copycat franchise? They don't give a shit about the rest of the league. This is blatantly apparent. You're also using some hell of a revisionist history there. The Rams hired what turned out to be a good head coach but he wasn't one of the hottest names at all. He only even began to rise as a "hot name" once teams found out how well he was doing in the interviews and that was around the time the Rams had brought him in for a 2nd interview. He was also the 2nd coach to receive a 2nd interview from the Rams. So its not like they were sold immediately either.

Using the Giants as an example is laughable. You're assuming they will land a top HC just because the media is telling you. Lets see what actually happens. Gase is even further laughable if you're trying to call him a great hire. I bet you nearly anything Gase won't last past next season. The Phins are another organization that have no concept of continuity.

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would like to know why John Fox was brought back to coach the 2017 season to begin with once they jettisoned Cutler. It's a fireable offense to think John Fox should oversee the Trubisky development.

I think he was hoping Glennon would be a little more dumpster and a little less dumpster fire to bridge Trubisky to the next coaching regime.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he was hoping Glennon would be a little more dumpster and a little less dumpster fire to bridge Trubisky to the next coaching regime.

He expected Glennon to be good enough to be a one year rental while they developed Trubisky. I still have a feeling Mitch wouldn't have even played this season had Glennon been okay enough.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Then we have a pansy as our GM.

Pace convinced the Mcaskeys to spend 100 million on Halas Hall, but he can't convince them to fire John Fox 4 weeks early?
100 million on facilities matters and can make a difference. Firing your coach a few weeks early does not. The best people in management know what battles to pick and what battles to leave alone. Do you believe firing fox midseason would increase attendance from here on out? Viewership?

What do you think will be gleaned from firing him? Is Ryan Pace incapable of determining whether Fangio could run a team based on him running half the team already? I honestly want to know. The only thing that's accomplished by firing fox is the McCaskeys wasting money.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
There in 0 chance that pace gets fired.. you think the McCaskies are going to not only eat a year of foxes salary.. but 2 years of paces salary as well? Oh and don't forget they then will have to pay someone to pick the next GM for them as well..

No chance

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There in 0 chance that pace gets fired.. you think the McCaskies are going to not only eat a year of foxes salary.. but 2 years of paces salary as well? Oh and don't forget they then will have to pay someone to pick the next GM for them as well..

No chance

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

And Pace just convinced them to spend millions to double the size of Halas Hall. Doesn't sound like something the team would approve for a GM on his way out.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Pace just convinced them to spend millions to double the size of Halas Hall. Doesn't sound like something the team would approve for a GM on his way out.

This place is menstrual at least half the time.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it is time to get rid of sweaty Teddy, Phillips needs to go and if more fans were clamoring for this it might happen. I rarely even hear his name mentioned.
Bring in a new VP and if he wants to keep Pace so be it, if he has his own guys, bring them in.
Back to back seasons like we have had is inexcusable at every level of management.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it is time to get rid of sweaty Teddy, Phillips needs to go and if more fans were clamoring for this it might happen. I rarely even hear his name mentioned.
Bring in a new VP and if he wants to keep Pace so be it, if he has his own guys, bring them in.
Back to back seasons like we have had is inexcusable at every level of management.

The roster was already blown up by Pace and is slowly being rebuilt. You want to start that all over again? Because that is literally how you remain the Chicago Browns. Wake. The. Fuck. Up. GM continuity is beyond necessary to stop this shit.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Do you really think this is how this happens?

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The roster was already blown up by Pace and is slowly being rebuilt. You want to start that all over again? Because that is literally how you remain the Chicago Browns. Wake. The. Fuck. Up. GM continuity is beyond necessary to stop this shit.

Well we have been through two regime changes now and this one is just as bad as the last. We can't get rid of the owners, so thats the next logical step...

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Pace can not fire Fox until after the season is over. Why post about something that can't happen. Pace has no choice here.

He can fire him whenever he wants.

And if he did want to fire fox and they didn't allow it, he's a fucking pussy if he doesn't quit.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Don't shoot the messenger, 'KFC; I just took it off chicity's homepage . . .

. . . Not "Special person" at all, though - the Pacester's seat is getting warm. 12-and-32 will do that to it . . .
If you took it off of this site's home page then that explains everything. You might want to try a better Source next time

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Not only won’t Pace get fired he will get a 3 year extension. He will get to pick his coach and sink or swim with him. The key to everything is Trubisky, so he better make his selection with that in mind, and it’s time to spend in FA not lowball quality only to sign a bunch of worthless quantity. Or he will be gone and we will suck for another 4 years at a minimum.
You and I completely agree. I think Ryan Pace will get a contract that matches up with whatever coach he hires.

And the media who wants Pace out as well as idiot fans who want to fire everyone every year so we can be like the Browns will be up in arms melting down and it will be glorious.

The truth of it though is that you are right. Everything will be on the line now as Pace will have his quarterback and his head coach. His future will absolutely be tied to those two and if they can't turn it around in the time frame of the head coach's contract, they will have everything all lined up for a clean sweep, which frankly is how a well-run organization is supposed to do it.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Yet none of these coaches could be or were interviewed until season's completion, so it matters not.

What is the point of firing Fox other than making you feel better?
Do you think Loggains or Fangio are potential HC's?
Do you think they are even capable of conducting themselves as a HC for 4 weeks?
What advantage do they present? Loggains can't even throw together a game plan beyond his scripted 15.
Fangio has his hands full just trying to make his defense not turn to shit.

As bad as Fox is those two could somehow even be worse in the last 4 weeks.
Exactly that. Firing Fox is simply a feel better for the fans. It does nothing to help the Bears, and the people trying to swing it that it does are simply trying to convince the Bears to make them feel better.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The giants fired everyone mow because they can start to look for a new GM immediately, and will need to get that GM in place before the end of the season so they don't end up having to pick from the leftovers. The Bears are not in the same situation.

Now, if the McCaskey's wanted to fire Pace, they would likely do what the Giants did and do it now. The fact they aren't shows Pace WILL be back...