Official Jorge Soler Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope. He still have not receive residency yet. There was reports he was close. Now they're saying he's not close. I say about a month to 2 months.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Ricketts should give Soler $70 Million dollar 1-year major league deal so d3a can shut up about payroll. :yep:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ricketts should give Soler $70 Million dollar 1-year major league deal so d3a can shut up about payroll. :yep:

:obama:

I never 1 time said to spend money just because. Soler dont help the team now. He a future investment. Im saying spend money on proven MLB talent that makes you competitive WHILE building up the farm. Its going to take 3-5 yrs to build up the farm. Does anyone here understand that? With new cap on AM DRAFT and IFA, its going to take even longer to build the farm. So what i am saying is while they are building the farm why not spend on MLB talent on 1-5 yr deals to help MLB team be compeitive.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
:obama:

I never 1 time said to spend money just because. Soler dont help the team now. He a future investment. Im saying spend money on proven MLB talent that makes you competitive WHILE building up the farm. Its going to take 3-5 yrs to build up the farm. Does anyone here understand that? With new cap on AM DRAFT and IFA, its going to take even longer to build the farm. So what i am saying is while they are building the farm why not spend on MLB talent on 1-5 yr deals to help MLB team be compeitive.

Yeah Yeah Yeah we heard it before shut up already

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Phil Rogers seems to think it'll happen. Nothing official, but it's out there.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today's MLBTR update:

Boston will pursue 19-year-old Cuban outfielder Jorge Soler, reports Speier. Soler is still waiting to be declared a free agent by MLB, but Speier says most in the industry (including the Red Sox) expect him to sign with the Cubs.

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
I wonder well he'll finally be declared a Free Agent, seems like we've been waiting forever on him.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Twitter says we are the overwhelming favorite to get him and he will be our top spec right out of the gate.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Twitter says we are the overwhelming favorite to get him and he will be our top spec right out of the gate.

Whose Twitter?

I wouldn't be surprised either way. I just hope they don't have to spend TOO much :D

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping it's less than the $27MM rumored. Seems a bit much for a prospect. But since they have the money to burn...

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I'm hoping it's less than the $27MM rumored. Seems a bit much for a prospect. But since they have the money to burn...

If they spend less than 27,000,000 on him then #rickettscheap!!! :smug2:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

That is a pretty solid core of position players with Castro, Jackson, Rizzo, and Soler all under 24 years of age. Hopefully this gets done, but I refuse to get excited about this until it is official after the last time we went through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.