Draft a top QB early

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Drafting a 2nd QB has nothing to do with the first one sucking. It has everything to do with having a plan B and a promising backup on the cheap and trade bait for the future. It's called getting ahead of the curve. It's a new concept so take your time with it. Some of you guys still churn your own butter but call Foxie old and out of it.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
I would love to see the bears draft Baker Mayfield and watch the board explode with butt hurt

Let the best QB play game one

Don't be scared,"Mitchell"

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Drafting a 2nd QB has nothing to do with the first one sucking. It has everything to do with having a plan B and a promising backup on the cheap and trade bait for the future. It's called getting ahead of the curve. It's a new concept so take your time with it. Some of you guys still churn your own butter but call Foxie old and out of it.

You know how you get ahead of the curve??? By building a solid team around your ONE QB prospect first. THEN if you want, you can draft luxury picks for the future....

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So you're saying if Snead thought Goff sucked, he would have drafted another QB high this last draft?

Of course, team needs a QB, everybody knows that.

If a GM thinks a QB is talented enough to take in the top 10 in the draft, then they believe he is good enough to give a couple years to develop and find out...

If after the first season the GM has seen enough to give him a second season, sure, if not move on. If Pace thinks Mitch sucks when the season is over he won't say a word, until draft day.

If a GM thinks a QB is worth a high draft choice on draft day, pick him. Will he still feel the same way a year later? If he does, good pick, if the GM spends a year with a QB and changes his mind, and it turns out that QB is not the guy, the GM better have a plan B.

Not every high pick works out, good GM's spend the year from the draft on to evaluate, if they nailed it, great, now draft him some help. If the GM made a mistake it's important not to compound the mistake, move on and take the heat, it's whats best for the team.

Again, if Pace still doesn't know about Trubisky after mini camps, OTA's, training camp, preseason, and 12 starts, he should be fired for not doing his job.

We'll find out on draft day what Pace thinks of Mitch.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Of course, team needs a QB, everybody knows that.

If after the first season the GM has seen enough to give him a second season, sure, if not move on. If Pace thinks Mitch sucks when the season is over he won't say a word, until draft day.

If a GM thinks a QB is worth a high draft choice on draft day, pick him. Will he still feel the same way a year later? If he does, good pick, if the GM spends a year with a QB and changes his mind, and it turns out that QB is not the guy, the GM better have a plan B.

Not every high pick works out, good GM's spend the year from the draft on to evaluate, if they nailed it, great, now draft him some help. If the GM made a mistake it's important not to compound the mistake, move on and take the heat, it's whats best for the team.

Again, if Pace still doesn't know about Trubisky after mini camps, OTA's, training camp, preseason, and 12 starts, he should be fired for not doing his job.

We'll find out on draft day what Pace thinks of Mitch.

Again, you have no clue how this all really works. You act like it's as easy as playing Madden...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think the Bears should draft a QB early. I know most won't like me saying this but QB is just that important. To push Mitch, to have a real backup, to give the new staff a option, to work with 2 young guns doubles our chances at the 1 position that will make or break Pace and the new staff. I know we have a lot of needs but role players won't change our direction, QB will. It's time to overinvest at one position. Nothing will ever change for this franchise until we get a true QB. I believe Trubs is that guy but I also believe in hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. We don't know for sure Trubs is the man and even if he is, one injury could derail that. If we get a offensive minded HC then getting a second young QB to grow under him would pay big dividends down the road in having a extra QB to use or trade as this team gets to PO level of play. This is a QB league and only a QB can right this ship. You can add a top WR OLB CB T C and it won't matter if the QB play is not good. I believe in Trubs but I also believe in having a plan B. Go ahead and rail on me about all our other needs but you and I know that no other position but QB will change this franchise's direction.

I think the Bears should draft a QB early.
which round

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If at the end of the season Pace doesn't think MT will ever be a franchise QB, do what you gotta do to get one. Pace will get killed for it, the media and fans, but if he did fuck up taking Trubisky, man up, admit it and fix it. Or he could try to cover his ass and keep his job while the Bears fuck around for three seasons waiting for MT to blossom.

If Mitch is the guy, get him weapons and protection, if Mitch is not going to be the guy go get the guy.

"It's only one season how is Pace supposed to know?" It's his job to know, if this season ends and Pace has no idea what Mitch is, he should be fired.

I hate to use the same example but Les Snead the Rams GM spent all of last season with Goff, just like Pace is doing this season with Mitch. Even though Goff only started 7 games Snead knew he was the guy. The rest of the NFL had no idea what Goff would be, everybody knew he looked terrible, but Snead knew different because it is his job to know. Snead got a new coach and brought in some weapons, never even looked at another QB (FA Aaron Murray as a backup), he knew he had his franchise. Pace has been with Mitch from the draft to mini camps, OTA's, training camp, preseason, and 12 starts, that's more than Snead had to work with. Pace should know what he has, or he should be gone.

I hope drafting a QB is not even on Pace's radar because that would mean he already knows for a fact that he has his guy. Now Pace can go get some weapons and protection. I just don't want him to go into CYA mode saying Jay is our QB, I mean Mitch is our QB. If Pace knows Mitch isn't the guy, prepare for a beating, but do the right thing and find the guy.

Hahaha this is so stupid. L.Snead did not know Goff was the guy and Pace doesn't know if Trubs is the guy. There's no way to know until it's seen on the football field.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Again, you have no clue how this all really works. You act like it's as easy as playing Madden...

You think a QB automatically gets multiple seasons, that there is nothing he can do in season one to make the GM have second thoughts. That is naive, we all want Mitch to be great, but should consider the possibility that he might not be the guy. I know, fans are not known for keeping an open mind, but anyone that thinks draft position automatically grants a player a 3 year grace period regardless of how they play or behave off the field, should stick to Madden.

Thankfully it's not up to fans, Pace is supposed to be a professional and I hope he does his job. Evaluate Trubisky (and every other player/coach) after the season and plan a draft strategy based on player performance, regardless of what fans are praying for.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hahaha this is so stupid. L.Snead did not know Goff was the guy and Pace doesn't know if Trubs is the guy. There's no way to know until it's seen on the football field.

WTF? Goff started 7 games last season. Do you know where they play football games? On a football field. Trubisky is also sticking with that time honored tradition of playing football on a football field. So yup, GM's evaluate players based on how they play on a football field.

Thanks for clearing that up.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I couldn't even make it through that post after reading his last one. No GM knows what these QB's are until it's seen. I bet you L.Snead was shitting in his pants after how Goff looked in his games. He obviously didn't give up on him cause no GM would do that after taking a QB in the 1st round of a draft after their rookie season no matter how bad they looked.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
WTF? Goff started 7 games last season. Do you know where they play football games? On a football field. Trubisky is also sticking with that time honored tradition of playing football on a football field. So yup, GM's evaluate players based on how they play on a football field.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I just can't do this with you with all the dumb shit you say.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
draft a qb?

fuckin really?

do that many people post just for attention?

gmoney1994

Liked Posts:
I blame the chicago school system because of how dumb some posts are on this message board. It takes at least 3 years to develop a qb but the op wants to spend a high draft pick every year on a QB? If any team drafts a QB in the top 10 the next 3 years should be invested in providing him ever resource to be successful. All high draft picks should be to help the QB get better not to create more holes. Are Chicago fans really this dumb?

God. Ops personal life must be awful

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Know what sucks worse than the Bears?

Yup, CCS.

This is right up there with the recent "we should see what we have in Glennon" thread.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Bears fans acting like they know how long/what it takes to develop a QB. Now that is some funny shit.