Otani posted, will be in MLB in 2018

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Twins made out pretty good here..

They recieved 2 prospects for those deals that were picked in top 5 rounds last year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yeah i was just about to mention that. They got a 2017 3rd and 5th round pick for essentially nothing to them given this money initially went to an IFA player who failed a physical for them and they no longer had use for.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Seeing a fair amount of people thinking the trades signal good news for LAA/SEA but I'm still not so sure. Like the money totals available are listed below. If money were an overriding issue texas still has far and away the most. And the thing is if money were going to matter why include 4 teams that literally can't go above $300k.

Rangers $3.535M
Mariners $2.557M
Angels $2.315M
Cubs $300,000
Giants $300,000
Dodgers $300,000
Padres $300,000

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Seeing a fair amount of people thinking the trades signal good news for LAA/SEA but I'm still not so sure. Like the money totals available are listed below. If money were an overriding issue texas still has far and away the most. And the thing is if money were going to matter why include 4 teams that literally can't go above $300k.

Rangers $3.535M
Mariners $2.557M
Angels $2.315M
Cubs $300,000
Giants $300,000
Dodgers $300,000
Padres $300,000

I think it's about trying to gain an advantage, not necessarliy knowing it will help. Those are different things. Still, Japanese sources seem to be indicating it's between the Padres and Mariners.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
I refuse to believe anyone knows anything because for weeks it was "it will be the Yankees most likely" then he didn't even have them in his top seven. Cashman then comes out and says that he favors small market team on the West Coast and now it's all "sources say it's going to be the Padres or Mariners". No one knows anything. He could sign here, he could sign in Seattle, he could sign in San Diego. It's rare in sports for me to say let's not speculate but in a situation like this, speculation has literally been wrong everytime

- He won't come over in 2018, he'll wait to get more money
- If he's coming over now, it means he's going to the Yankees
- If he's not going to the Yankees it means he's going to Seattle or San Diego

Twinndaddy

Liked Posts:
Which team does a Cubs fan wants Otani to sign with, in order:
1. Cubs - Duh
2. Angels - Still not a power house, still lacking minor league system to be good
3. Mariners - Still not a great team
4. Rangers - At least they aren't in the NL
5. Padres - Won't be good for a long time even with him
6. San Francisco - If they were a basketball team they would be scary but you need more than 5 great players in baseball.
7. Dodgers - You definitely don't want him to go to the Dodgers or we won't see a World Series for a longgggg time.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Being reported everywhere on Twitter

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ya he put out a statement. Kinda shocked honestly. I put them at #5

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Honestly if he wasn't coming to the Cubs the AL West is a fine place for him. Anxious to see him play and if it gets Trout in the playoffs then it's good for the game.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Honestly if he wasn't coming to the Cubs the AL West is a fine place for him. Anxious to see him play and if it gets Trout in the playoffs then it's good for the game.

Completely agree. I already told my boss I'll be coming in late on days he pitches out West. :)

Twinndaddy

Liked Posts:
which team does a cubs fan wants otani to sign with, in order:
1. Cubs - duh
2. Angels - still not a power house, still lacking minor league system to be good
3. Mariners - still not a great team
4. Rangers - at least they aren't in the nl
5. Padres - won't be good for a long time even with him
6. San francisco - if they were a basketball team they would be scary but you need more than 5 great players in baseball.
7. Dodgers - you definitely don't want him to go to the dodgers or we won't see a world series for a longgggg time.

go angels!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The fact that he even gave the Cubs a interview when his needs were 180 of what the Cubs offered was very respectful. I’m down with him honestly and am not disappointed here.