Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It doesn't make any sense. I thought their GM put together a couple solid drafts. They still need a QB though. Kizer blows.

LOL, they traded away Wentz and had their pick last year. I wonder what they do this one.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Bears have no luck at all, 49ers get Jimmy G who gets his first start against the Bears and the Browns are a much better offense when you add a talent like J.Gordon to it.

I don't think it has anything to do with luck. We made Hundley look like an all-pro and Jimmy G had to be drooling going against our secondary. It would not surprise me to see Kizer have a "break out" game against us.

A very curious move by the Browns. It makes me think we are still one rung higher than them.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They should do the opposite of the SB and have the last 2 teams duke it out just to see who sucks more...
and all the probowlers can come and watch and laugh and have fun with their family and friends.

Hahahaha now that's some funny shit.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't think it has anything to do with luck. We made Hundley look like an all-pro and Jimmy G had to be drooling going against our secondary. It would not surprise me to see Kizer have a "break out" game against us.

A very curious move by the Browns. It makes me think we are still one rung higher than them.

Hundley has looked good the last couple of weeks especially against Pitt who has a good defense and Kizer has also been playing well the last 4 weeks and now has a legit stud WR in Gordon and C.Coleman aint so bad himself.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Hue Jackson is a legit HC. Chicago hasn't had one of those in decades. Even Lovie, as good of a leader as he was, could not gameplan for shit. Ran the same defense whether it worked or not. Luckily he had a shit ton of talent and JA kept the gang around as long as possible, never to build a respectable offense.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Hue Jackson is a legit HC. Chicago hasn't had one of those in decades. Even Lovie, as good of a leader as he was, could not gameplan for shit. Ran the same defense whether it worked or not. Luckily he had a shit ton of talent and JA kept the gang around as long as possible, never to build a respectable offense.

All I know about Hue Jackson is that he loses games with the Browns, I have no idea how much of that is on him.

I do know when you bring in a new HC and tell him he has to keep the OC or DC from the previous staff that limits your options. Ditka was desperate enough to be Bears HC he begrudgingly agreed to let Buddy have the defense.

Same thing bringing in a new GM, 'here is your team, leave the coaches alone", that's messed up. At least let the new GM interview Jackson so it looks like he has some say.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
All I know about Hue Jackson is that he loses games with the Browns, I have no idea how much of that is on him.

I do know when you bring in a new HC and tell him he has to keep the OC or DC from the previous staff that limits your options. Ditka was desperate enough to be Bears HC he begrudgingly agreed to let Buddy have the defense.

Same thing bringing in a new GM, 'here is your team, leave the coaches alone", that's messed up. At least let the new GM interview Jackson so it looks like he has some say.

Well they've already hired the guy. Not sure if he has any experience with Jackson, though I'm sure HJ is on a short leash. The new GM Dorsey will have a few games to get to know him. I do know Haslam is a full hands on owner and will step on everyones toes underneath him.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Well they've already hired the guy. Not sure if he has any experience with Jackson, though I'm sure HJ is on a short leash. The new GM Dorsey will have a few games to get to know him. I do know Haslam is a full hands on owner and will step on everyones toes underneath him.

Well that was fast, Dorsey has all those picks and all that cap room to play with, that would be an heroic turnaround if he pulls it off. I bet I know what he's doing with one of those first rounders.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Amazing how the Browns just can't stop shitting the bed.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Kizer already had his break out game at Detroit a few weeks ago.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kizer was another QB that was going to need time... as most do. Not impossible but it's just as rare for them to start great and stay that way as it is for it to take a while to become great.

I believe that since 1999, Cleveland has averaged a new GM every 2 years. :obama:
I sure hope that the new GM has the ability to do whatever he wants with the HC position in his 1st year. Handcuffing your hire is not how you get the best people.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

These damn head coaches need to get off their high horses and hire legit coordinators and let them do their job.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Dorsey gets to come into a team with all these great draft picks and come out looking pretty good with a great draft. I wonder if S.Brown will be watching the draft??

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How do they hire already, did they complete other interviews? Rooney rule if not met, will be a forfeiture of picks or something

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
How do they hire already, did they complete other interviews? Rooney rule if not met, will be a forfeiture of picks or something

Rooney rule is for head coaches. Not sure it applies to gms.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ya, I'm probably wrong on that

Washington

Liked Posts:

I don't think the Rooney rule applies to those in the office versus coaches.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe it does

The Rooney Rule is a National Football League policy that requires league teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation jobs. It is sometimes cited as an example of affirmative action, though there is no quota or preference given to minorities in the hiring of candidates.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Maybe it does

The Rooney Rule is a National Football League policy that requires league teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation jobs. It is sometimes cited as an example of affirmative action, though there is no quota or preference given to minorities in the hiring of candidates.

well someone call roger goodell and ask him to fine the mccaskeys. They didn't interview any minorities when they hired emery and pace.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ya, get on that......