** The Hunt for a New Head Coach ** [POLL]

Who do you want the Bears to hire as Head Coach for 2018 and beyond?

• Jim Harbaugh

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Matt Nagy

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Pete Carmichael (NERD)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • John DeFilippo

• Frank Reich

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Josh McDaniels

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Pat Shurmur

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Dave Toub

• Other (explain in comments)

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Harbaugh isn't leaving Michigan, when will the dolts on this board realize this?

Breaking news around these parts, after 'Ol miss got dealt severe sanctions, several players are seriously considering transferring to Michigan, including 5 star QB recruit Shea Patterson and Safety Deontay Anderson. If Harbaugh has a top QB, no way he is leaving with unfinished business.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2017/12/...d-several-ole-miss-transfers-heres-the-latest

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Jim Bob Cooter. His work with Stafford has been outstanding.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
You harbaugh people are absolutely out of your god damn minds. I have posted repeatedly on this with no response from anyone. If you get Harbaugh then he will need 100% complete control. If you think Pace has been bad at drafting go ahead and look at the 49er's drafts while Jim Harbaugh was in control... It was terrible! a huge reason this team is in the situation they are in now is that their drafts during those years were absolutely putrid.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i really dont know why people are so high on mcdaniels. his lack of success with the broncos isnt the issue, so much as how he failed there. he was something of a joke and im not sure his personality has changed much. also im not that impressed by an OC having success with the greatest QB of all time.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
1st choice David Shaw- similar offense to Harbaugh was in the Ravens system so he could have some good coaching for the defense in mind. More stable than Harbaugh.
2nd choice Adam Gase- Yes, I know he’s in Miami but they are supposedly not too thrilled with what he’s done there so far and I wonder what he had to promise the owners to convince them to pay Cutler 10 million dollars. I can’t think of anyone better to work with Trubisky and is one of the best play callers in football.
3rd choice Pat Shurmur- his first HC job was in Cleveland, like most failed. He’s long been considered a great offensive mind, he’s done wonders in Minnesota and has been around enough to be able to put together a great staff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Reich has the same personality as Carmichael? didnt know that, Ill try to find an interview with Reich.
It's not true. Reich didn't get into coaching right away after his career because he was a successful businessman and a motivational speaker. OP is very wrong when it comes to Reich.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
DeFillipo or Nagy.

If Nagy doesn't end up in Indianpolis I am very interested.

Mitchapalooza

Only thing that bothers me about Nagy is that Reid is supposedly calling the plays.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it's been a while since ive posted, but i have to ask, how many of you were around when harbaugh was in chicago? he would be my last pick. i will probably get skewered lol but it was a circus when he was here, just saying. i have not seen 1 name offered, but heard the man really wants to come back to coach next year. he luvs the bears, trubs, howard and a few others on our team. that guy is john gruden. i seen someone post on here a while back an interview with gruden, n supposedly he wants back into the NFL. if i'm wrong, that's that, but if i am right and he is able to coach again,john gruden would be the best coach for our team. he is also a proven winner. we have the core, and he knows talent aswell. things would get better for us without a doubt.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
it's been a while since ive posted, but i have to ask, how many of you were around when harbaugh was in chicago? he would be my last pick. i will probably get skewered lol but it was a circus when he was here, just saying. i have not seen 1 name offered, but heard the man really wants to come back to coach next year. he luvs the bears, trubs, howard and a few others on our team. that guy is john gruden. i seen someone post on here a while back an interview with gruden, n supposedly he wants back into the NFL. if i'm wrong, that's that, but if i am right and he is able to coach again,john gruden would be the best coach for our team. he is also a proven winner. we have the core, and he knows talent aswell. things would get better for us without a doubt.

I feel like a quite a few people don't want Gruden.

Mainly due to the fact that no NFL head coach has been able to win Super Bowl's with 2 different teams. But I always hated that "reason" because it doesn't mean it's impossible.

Gruden can flat out coach but I do worry about him being away from the game for so long. Last time he coached was freakin' 2008. I know he still lives and breathes football but damn it's been nearly a decade.

If it were to happen, I'd be absolutely pumped about it. Coordinators will be lining up to join him. There will be some buzz back in the city and the media will freakin' love us. Look at how they slurp over their boy John Lynch over at SF; he's the greatest GM of all time already lol.

CaimanTierraFL

Liked Posts:
NO NO NO NO

McDaniels

BRady made McDaniels not other way around
BRady has success before and after

NO NO NO

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Only thing that bothers me about Nagy is that Reid is supposedly calling the plays.

He apparently took over at halftime of the Bills game and called the plays last week against the Jets.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you listen to the Tribune Podcast they make some compelling arguement as about why the Bears job won't be as coveted as we may think.