7 Days to Die

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like that they keep some stuff as loot/buy only.... keeps me going out scavenging.

But I would like it if I could manufacture gun parts with additional skill levels and maybe a schematic needed for each gun part.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ares which system is this game on

AussieBear

I like that they keep some stuff as loot/buy only.... keeps me going out scavenging.

But I would like it if I could manufacture gun parts with additional skill levels and maybe a schematic needed for each gun part.

i think ive unlocked everything idk.. whatever i didnt loot i just bought.. like i said before, making money is easy with iron..

like you i wish you could actually build gun parts. sometimes i get too lazy to assemble shit then end up forgetting.. i just went back trough me part boxes and upgraded all me guns even though i don't use most. im only a 9/10 gunsmithing so im sure id get betta weapon at some point when i hit 10/10 but i havent upgraded that for a while now..

me weapons.. i have the 44 unlocked and parts but not enough to put one together.. never bought one either.. just didnt want another ammo type to worry about.. i have sum from loot.. once it stacks fairly high ill buy a 44 if i dont loot one

hunting knife 500
machete 500
sledge hammer 500
nail gun 482
crossbow 500
bow 500
compound bow 448
9mm 478
smg 513
blunderbuss 450
ak 381
sniper 412
hunting rifle 458
shotgun long barrel 465
sawed off shotgun 538
rocket launcher 515

i like the compound bow a lot cause it shoots those flaming arrows but i rarely carry it because my crossbow does a lot of damage.

havent used the chainsaw or auger as a weapon.. i rarely use them at all.. dont like wasting gas when its 4-5 hits to chop down a 1200 tree and 3 swings to bust a small boulder..

AussieBear

i finally got a good engine in me bike.. both had 440 ish ones in them and went fairly fast but i finally found a 587 and that fuck moves.. ive launched me bike off a mountain with the 400s and died from the height but i never caught much air from normal hills.. the 587 does.. may waste another day stripping cars.. that would be a base entrance.. having to have a 500+ engine to launch over a pit...

AussieBear

been watching some youtube and wonder how ppl gots 600 gear at day 2.. other people further on in the game and i dont see many zombies when they go clearing houses.. idk mane.. my drops are shit all the time.. anything over 550 is some sort of clothing. usually a dumb ass blue dress or some cool head gear but i have a miners helmet and night vision so i dont swap out..... just never weapons that high. maybe a part to a weapon but thats rare... my scavenging is 91 and that quality perk is 2/3.. maybe i should bump those up full..

everytime i go bust down houses now its full of ferals/ irradiated and shit.. idk if its because im lvl 175 or not.. its too the point where im like fuck it and have been going out in the heart of night scavenging.. makes it more fun.. having to creep along n be stealthy a tad.. but i unleash a rain of crossbow explosions from a distance then go in and clean up with the boom stick..

that new engine is quick i did my 4 trader run.. was at the first one at 605 and arrived at the forth at 1045.. only stopping once to shoot a deer.

finally searched you island ares.. well i assume its your island.. did you build a bridge to make crossing the water quicker? i didnt really get to search the 5 buildings.. at least i think it was 5.. i crept up to busted down the door and a hornet's nest of ferals came charging.. there was a single gas barrell outside and i shot it.. it started a chain reaction...it blew up two buildings completely and the half of the other two.. i wonder how many barrels were inside those buildings.. there was a red building left intact on the far side.. 2 or 3 crates.. nuffin but cans and glass jars..

finally cleared out red mesa.. didnt get shit there either.. i mean theres was a bunch of shit but nothing great.. a lot of sub 450 gun parts..

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
been watching some youtube and wonder how ppl gots 600 gear at day 2.. other people further on in the game and i dont see many zombies when they go clearing houses.. idk mane.. my drops are shit all the time.. anything over 550 is some sort of clothing. usually a dumb ass blue dress or some cool head gear but i have a miners helmet and night vision so i dont swap out..... just never weapons that high. maybe a part to a weapon but thats rare... my scavenging is 91 and that quality perk is 2/3.. maybe i should bump those up full..

everytime i go bust down houses now its full of ferals/ irradiated and shit.. idk if its because im lvl 175 or not.. its too the point where im like fuck it and have been going out in the heart of night scavenging.. makes it more fun.. having to creep along n be stealthy a tad.. but i unleash a rain of crossbow explosions from a distance then go in and clean up with the boom stick..

that new engine is quick i did my 4 trader run.. was at the first one at 605 and arrived at the forth at 1045.. only stopping once to shoot a deer.

finally searched you island ares.. well i assume its your island.. did you build a bridge to make crossing the water quicker? i didnt really get to search the 5 buildings.. at least i think it was 5.. i crept up to busted down the door and a hornet's nest of ferals came charging.. there was a single gas barrell outside and i shot it.. it started a chain reaction...it blew up two buildings completely and the half of the other two.. i wonder how many barrels were inside those buildings.. there was a red building left intact on the far side.. 2 or 3 crates.. nuffin but cans and glass jars..

finally cleared out red mesa.. didnt get shit there either.. i mean theres was a bunch of shit but nothing great.. a lot of sub 450 gun parts..

I am on a random gen game, so probably not my island.

But yeah I eventually built 2 bridges across the water.... this is a much bigger pain in the ass than you might imagine.... have to dive to depth and place support poles from the bottom up to the surface every 8-10 blocks.... some of the water gets super fucking deep and it takes forever and a day to swim to the bottom.

I did one bridge fully right outside the backdoor to my perimeter wall, it is 4 blocks wide with railings along the entire length so I can minibike across it with no worry of dropping into the water.

The other bridge is just a 2-wide of wood frames that spans the shortest sliver of water.... I used it alot when I was running/walking on my trips out.... I never really use it now that I've got my minibike.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has anyone tried coop on Xbox One with this game? Is it even worth getting for Xbox One or mainly a PC game?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Has anyone tried coop on Xbox One with this game? Is it even worth getting for Xbox One or mainly a PC game?

I almost never play FPS games on console because I am far more skilled with mouse/keyboard over thumbsticks.

If it is on sale super cheap it would be worth a pickup to try it out.... but I wouldn't spend more than 20$ for this on console in its current state.

It is in Alpha..... not even Beta, so it is plagued with some Alpha type bugs and/or oddities.

AussieBear

id definitely have to do a random map if i ever played again.. ive basically opened the map now and know where everything is except for any hidden bunkers and the such..... no grey left. idk if its just me, but i do dislike how you cant zoom out far enough to see the entire map when looking at it.

going back through me storage i have 11 600 items... mainly clothes, one pair of shoes and one fucking stone ax. but no weapons.. finally got a decent airdrop though, a shitty rocket launcher, but it had two good parts.. enough to bump mine up to 520..

i read there is splitscreen co op for xbox one. not sure how it would perform.. on a big enough screen, split screen shouldnt be bad... i remember playing golden eye with 4 peeps on a small ass screen back in the day and having fun... as ares says its alpha.. i've experienced some bugs from time to time.. even so.. i think coop would be fun. it would make the grind of collecting shit better for sure

speaking of buggy.. horde 133 was a bit lame. the loot was the worst yet too.... something about me design in the area is causing spawn issues i think. idk.. so far horde 119 has been the most fun. there may be a building/pit or sumin somewhere nearby they are spawning into in the distance and are being delayed or stuck, i need to go check.

in one of the earlier hordes i saw some zombies were spawning in some old radio tower building a good distance away and it took them forever to break through the cement walls and then the chain link fence/cement outer wall. i could see it through me sniper rifle....if one wasnt irradiated and glowing i wouldnt have known.. i would have just thought zombies went through the building at some point if i rechecked that building during the day....... there are 3 houses over a hill with pools nearby.. hmm.. but they are further than the radio tower building.. so idk..

i have seen a wandering horde get stuck in a pool.. well they finally got out but it took them forever.

i tried to kill a trader to rob him and it wouldnt let me. i even let a wandering horde in to see if the game would kill em.. nope, they just stood there swinging at him and the blocks around him and nothing got damaged.

oh if you see vultures people.. good source of feathers.. 40-50+ of em per vulture..

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I almost never play FPS games on console because I am far more skilled with mouse/keyboard over thumbsticks.

If it is on sale super cheap it would be worth a pickup to try it out.... but I wouldn't spend more than 20$ for this on console in its current state.

It is in Alpha..... not even Beta, so it is plagued with some Alpha type bugs and/or oddities.

Dayam! It was released in Jun 2016 and still in Alpha?!?!? Makes you wonder if they'll ever get it right.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dayam! It was released in Jun 2016 and still in Alpha?!?!? Makes you wonder if they'll ever get it right.

I will say it is very playable and fun in its current state.... and I have yet to have the game itself crash on me.

A few times I've needed to stop, exit my game, and reload it from the save and it is back to "normal".

I think for the team making this game, they are more/less blazing their dev path and defining their requirements based on how the users respond to each stage of the Alpha that they produce.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will say it is very playable and fun in its current state.... and I have yet to have the game itself crash on me.

A few times I've needed to stop, exit my game, and reload it from the save and it is back to "normal".

I think for the team making this game, they are more/less blazing their dev path and defining their requirements based on how the users respond to each stage of the Alpha that they produce.

From reading around, it seems like the console version has more issue and less updates than the PC version.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I amped up this 63 day horde night

EELfNiM.jpg

hfQJRj3.jpg

IorIRgy.jpg

I've probably killed 60 of them already and have a mob of 30-40 down there with more coming..... one of the tougher zombies walked up to one of my blade traps, ate the damage and then destroyed it with 1 hit.... I blew his ass up with a pipe bomb.

AussieBear

that looks a lil mo fun. maybe i should let them get in closer. my spikes are a tad bit much.. alomst cheap in a way. maybe i should take a shot to show how overboard i went wiff them.. when i say thousands of spikes.. i mean thousands.. they kill regular zombies with ease and stand up the irradiated for easier headshots..

i did find an issue.. i went back and searched those houses with pools and i believe they were spawning and getting stuck then despawning at some point.. there was plenty of damaged and destroyed blocks.. even blocks in the houses are beat to hell..

regardless, i think i broke horde night anyway. horde night 140.. the most lame horde night ever.. my plan was to see if i could outrun them with night vision and me minibike... the route.... one side of the map to me desert base on the other side and then once i got there.... defend.. i basically outran them and never needed to stop to defend..

i stopped half way to me base to see if they were still chasing me......it took 2 game hours for any to reach me before i took off again...i made it outside me base and it took them nearly two more hours.. so i went past me base and turned around.. a game hour later a few showed up and i mowed them down to see if they would respawn near me.. rather than stick around i headed back at 3, down the route i took to see if i would run into them before 4 somewhere but i didnt see a soul.

they need to fix that.. or all one has to do is get on a minibike at 2200 and ride around til 4.. you get far enough away to refuel if need be.. i started at a 99% tank.. when i stopped the first time i only used 7%..

i checked my other two bases near where i started and they werent touched...

game has never crashed for me.. the only real bug thats caused me to restart was my second minibike vanishing. the icon would be up on the compass but the bike wouldnt be there.. i would have to reload a few times for it to come back..

AussieBear

well i dont know if i had some sort of loot drop bug but once my scavenging hit 93 my loot got way better.. i wonder if the game had me set lower or something even though i was a 92.... ive been able to build me guns up past 500 fairly quick now..

AussieBear

zombie alter of death..

the nest up top is concrete and bulletproof glass.. there was/is a bug with bulletproof ramp pieces so i never finished it to look the way i wanted but its functional... i didnt know which way the angle pieces were laying.. so i didnt feel like wasting resources making them and hoping they were rotated properly.

you cant even see the random spikes behind me and around. when running towards the wall spikes the zombies will get stuck on those randoms too..

the wall wasnt designed to keep them out..it was to funnel them into the non wall parts.. but that doesnt really work... so its shitty wooden logs as the wall.. but thick and upgraded some.. its a pain moving about inside. there is a path once you jump to the wall top from a rock.. i then enclose the path into the innner area with more spikes and have to chop them up when i want out. you cant tell from the photo but the wood wall is like 4-5 blocks thick.. its not level because the ground wasnt level.. also the spikes are double and triple layered height in some areas.. use to be most of them until they got destroyed but i never fixed them back that high nor did i fix empty areas.. theres no point atm

the dark block areas on the bottom are bulletproof glass there are empty block areas above it for another level where you can shoot out from

you also gotta jump over the hard spikes to that rebar to get inside. theres a single ledge next to the rebar that gives access to a ladder.. i pick it up on the way up too..

also the kill some animals challenge that is active was just unlocked for the second time so i think the challenges restart at some point too.. first one to do so..

20x4ud.jpg

20x4vf.jpg

20x4w0.jpg

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's quite the safe space. How many of them come at you before they start getting inside (if ever)?

AussieBear

That's quite the safe space. How many of them come at you before they start getting inside (if ever)?

once they break through the wall a lot i think..i see figures running but i let the spikes clean up the normal ones unless im bored... i usually only worry about the irritated glowing zombies and cops that blow shit up.. thats why horde 119 was the best for me, the cops were blowing up chunks of spikes and walls like crazy.. creating paths for all of them to easily get through..

but if i bring out the big guns.. rocket launcher.. crossbow exploding bolt.. it takes them a while to get through blowing them up as they run.. still gotta headshot the irradiated... it comes down to the irradiated and cops.. if im not sniping good and they lose their legs and are hidden behind the walls theyll break through quicker than normal.. or like i said, the cops will blow chunks out of everything.. its why i also have random spikes behind me and around to slow them up and snipe them before they get close enough..

also when they do get through they act weird.. they like to attack my walls.. and will run into those spikes as well..

AussieBear

i could make the walls concrete add metal spikes to the top etc and add more inner defense.. but it took forever to gather shit and build stuff for that structure and i got bored.. ill upgrade the defenses one day.. or like i said, get on me bike and outrun em..